FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

Teapot

Beach Lan 5: $3,500 Halo CE Tournament - Powered by Weedmaps

If someone were to perhaps register now and only go for the first half of the week would that be possible and would it be a good idea?

thats perfectly fine, do you live in florida?

thats perfectly fine, do you live in florida?

I live in Ohio so I'd have to fly in.

We hope to have some more info regarding the prize pool, tournament(s) structure, (yes maybe two different tournaments) additional higher tiered players attending, who will be casting and eventually the actual schedule if possible. As of now we may just have one station streamed which isn't a big deal. Most likely will have some other capture cards going as well but as far as the stream station goes, that's most likely going to be reserved for top tier players.

One thing that would be cool is to make some sort of community LANtage but theres already a lot on everyones plate right now.

@@Teapot, this is your gangstas paradise party?

Actually I have very little to do with the LAN itself. Each year the Beach LAN is hosted and ran by @@McDick. All I do is try my best to help promote and support it in any way possible which so far has been social media and funding a tournament. This will be my first year attending it though and a goal I have is to do all I can to help improve this event to make sure they continue happening that way I can continue to attend haha. 

Shouldn't be a problem. How many days do you think you could go? John should be stopping in this thread sometime soon, probably tomorrow and lay down the law himself. Again since this is his LAN he does have the final say in all aspects, including the tournament itself which we hope to have some more details about in the coming week. #343soon

• Upvote (+1) 2

What part of Ohio?  I'm from Columbus.  I'm always down to LAN when I come home on leave, and I love meeting people from TB.  I had the pleasure of hanging out with @@Teapot last year when him and his family were on vacation here in Hawaii (where I'm currently stationed with the Army).  I've also LANed a couple times with @@WARGOD, who's also a great dude and who beat my ass in some CE. I learned a lot playing him.

Anyways, I'm flying into this thing from Honolulu.  I hope you can make it from Ohio. lol

I think I'll try to make it next year. Will I be the first Canadian on the beach?

I want to go next year too. I was gonna go this year but the timing just isn't right.

We should co-ordinate when the time comes next year.

McDicks going to have the rent out the whole street next year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I'll try to make it next year. Will I be the first Canadian on the beach?

I believe 'The Bo' is from LANada.

What part of Ohio?  I'm from Columbus.  I'm always down to LAN when I come home on leave, and I love meeting people from TB.  I had the pleasure of hanging out with @@Teapot last year when him and his family were on vacation here in Hawaii (where I'm currently stationed with the Army).  I've also LANed a couple times with @@WARGOD, who's also a great dude and who beat my ass in some CE. I learned a lot playing him.

Anyways, I'm flying into this thing from Honolulu.  I hope you can make it from Ohio. lol

When are you in Columbus next?  We need to play some more of that CT.  Damn that game was fun!

• Upvote (+1) 1

When are you in Columbus next?  We need to play some more of that CT.  Damn that game was fun!

Yeah it was.  I'll probably be back in May.  Beach LAN is going to put me really low on leave because I just took some in March. Gotta let it accrue a little bit.

I believe 'The Bo' is from LANada.

lol i remember when MCC came out and I was trying to host lobbies to help CE newbies learn the game and I was streaming it, and that dude trolled my stream acting like he had never played before and shit on everyone.  Because that's how you build a community. I'm sure it was hilarious. Haven't seen an adopt-a-noob lobby since.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah it was.  I'll probably be back in May.  Beach LAN is going to put me really low on leave because I just took some in March. Gotta let it accrue a little bit.

Lmk for sure!  I was playing some MCC the other day and I kept getting matched up against Europeans that have host.  Bad players who are in the wrong spots during the whole match, taking full pistol clips to kill them when they aren't eating rockets.  Their typical rebuttal is "well, we have it worse when we aren't host". (which is probably 10% of the time) And if it's not someone from REU, it's someone from South America that has some form of "el diablo" in their tag warping all over the place with their 3rd world internet connection.

Typical when you think about it. 343 allowing foreign countries to mess up the gaming experience of Americans who are just trying to play a game that was made by their own fellow Americans.  Why should my games take longer just because some foreigner who has never even experienced real halo at a LAN decides to hop on MCC and waste everyone's time?  10 pistol shots to the head isn't realistic but 343 is too cheap to do anything about it and when Bravo tries to relay the issues that the community is telling him needs fixed, they just wave him off and tell him to go post on his twitter account about how great halo 5 is.  It's a complete joke.

I wonder what it must be like waking up every morning going into work at 343 knowing that the entire halo fan base thinks you are incompetent for not being able to correctly port a 15+ year old game when you have such newer technology at your disposal.  Hardy Lebel and Alex Seropian could have probably knocked it out in a month without a single issue being reported on halobugs.com

I mean how disrespectful is it to the pro players who have devoted so much time into playing the original games to release such a piece of shit as MCC when all they wanted to do was play the original game the way it was meant to be played using current technology on xb1?

LOL oh well, it is what it is.

• Upvote (+1) 4

snip

It'd be nice if region lock was an option.  Like it'd be on by default, but if you can't find a game you can turn it off and get matched with other people that have turned it off.  It'd be like two parties agreeing that a laggy game is better than no game.

It'd be nice if region lock was an option.  Like it'd be on by default, but if you can't find a game you can turn it off and get matched with other people that have turned it off.  It'd be like two parties agreeing that a laggy game is better than no game.

Whoa let's not get crazy 343 can't even figure out party restrictions

• Upvote (+1) 2

Whoa let's not get crazy 343 can't even figure out party restrictions

Apparently it's harder than we realize guys they're looking into it just give them some time. SOON.

Coming from the same company that got outshone by your ragtag group on discord for Halo 1 patches so maybe I'm overestimating them though, lollll.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry if this has been answered, but will there be any streams? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry if this has been answered, but will there be any streams?

we're going to try.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

we're going to try.

I hope it works out, I would love to watch some of it.

I hope it works out, I would love to watch some of it.

I'd bet money at least half a station will always be streaming.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes we should be streaming at least half a station but are still figuring stuff out. I think we have a couple capture cards, one computer capable of streaming, and a decent mic + webcam set up. Should be able to pool some more equipment and have more information though soon.

I can bring a Blue Yeti desktop mic for casting purposes if we want to try to do that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everyone enjoy the LAN, beach lan is always a great time.  Hope my PNs (patch, bonesaw, finny, mcdick) don't embarrass themselves.  My buddy DoItLikeDon is going for the first time, please challenge him to money matches cause he's bad and can't turn down a challenge.

• Upvote (+1) 4