Teapot

Beach Lan 5: $3,500 Halo CE Tournament - Powered by Weedmaps

@@Teapot, not sure how practical it is, but the best possible overlay for the big tourneys is probably the one that is used in these youtube videos (with the timers). I think it could really benefit players who are tuning in who do not know much, along with the casters. Just a suggestion. I also really like how the names are colored blue and red, just another visual cue to help the viewer. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

it bugs me that more people aren't watching this.

A better rotation of people who help. I think there should be at least 1 new team after ever series, ideally two. Even I get bored after watching the same people play for more than an hour and move on.

Needs mics/cameras/commentary as well. I think those are coming some point this week though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll see what we can realistically change up. I mentioned the timer to Jeenyus and he said it would be something difficult to do live for every game.

As far as switching up players, the stream station is somewhat reserved for the higher skilled players unless it's late or everyone is in a series. Last night legend and patch were playing jownz and nistic off stream which imo should have been on stream. We still have plenty of time left though to watch top tier halo. I see how it would get boring watching the same ppl over and over. Honestly I can probably watch Patch play a week straight and not get bored. It's so weird. Maybe cause I'm bad but his playstyle is so interesting to me and I feel like he does a bunch of unorthodox shit that probably wouldn't work, but it does. It's really awesome to see these kinds of plays at a top level.

Still not 100% who is stopping by. Looks like Ace tweeted that he's home already. Legit and his boy stopped by and we played some good games. Puckett also stopped by just for the day yesterday and we had an awesome series against Sin and Solshy.

Also King Nick is doing pretty damn good for never lanning halo 1 before. It's unfortunately been raining all week so far which sucks, but that just means more halo for us, and you guys too.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Will the FFA be streamed? Is there any type of schedule for the rest of the week the the tourney and other events are happening? 

I'll see what we can realistically change up. I mentioned the timer to Jeenyus and he said it would be something difficult to do live for every game.

As far as switching up players, the stream station is somewhat reserved for the higher skilled players unless it's late or everyone is in a series. Last night legend and patch were playing jownz and nistic off stream which imo should have been on stream. We still have plenty of time left though to watch top tier halo. I see how it would get boring watching the same ppl over and over. Honestly I can probably watch Patch play a week straight and not get bored. It's so weird. Maybe cause I'm bad but his playstyle is so interesting to me and I feel like he does a bunch of unorthodox shit that probably wouldn't work, but it does. It's really awesome to see these kinds of plays at a top level.

Still not 100% who is stopping by. Looks like Ace tweeted that he's home already. Legit and his boy stopped by and we played some good games. Puckett also stopped by just for the day yesterday and we had an awesome series against Sin and Solshy.

Also King Nick is doing pretty damn good for never lanning halo 1 before. It's unfortunately been raining all week so far which sucks, but that just means more halo for us, and you guys too.

Any way to increase the stream quality? Or in the internet just bad. 

Yall are streaming at like 1000kbps @ 25fps.

Liking the commentary so far. I think switching it up to 1 station on stream every once in awhile would be nice though. I think 4 screens plus commentary might be a tad too much for newcomers, but it's great for older players.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I agree with pov switching on the stream. Give the casters the 4 screen view though.

I'll have to check out the casting from last night at lunch, I went to bed right before you guys casted!

The FFA tournament starts at 1pm today for anyone who is interested. (I am assuming it will be streamed lol.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some people are leaving today so we switching the Tiered Tournament to tomorrow and doing the main Pick your partner tournament today. Sorry for such late notice, but we literally just decided to switch it about a half hour ago.

Starting with FFA's soon. Later we'll be giving away 4 individual Halo 5 Guardians digital download codes throughout the tournament. During the 2v2 Finals we will be giving away a Astro headset, Halo 4 mod kit for the headset, and 1 Halo 5 digital code as the big prize.

Still figuring out how many teams/players are entering and we'll hopefully have a bracket and more information up for you soon.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I apologize if I start to spam this thread.

Round 1 Heat 1:

1. Legend
  2. Finny
  3. Wonder
  4. McDick
  5. Poseidon
  6. Doughboy
  7. Sinister
  8. Bonesaw

Round 1 Heat 2:

1. Nistic
  2. Cujjer
  3. King Nick
  4. Skeletor
  5. Unit
  6. Poon
  7. HB
  8. Teapot

Round 1 Heat 3:

1. Jownz
  2. Spud
  3. Zephy
  4. Words
  5. Dman
  6. Trix
  7. ColonP
  8. Oh4

Round 1 Heat 4

1. Patch
  2. Hardway
  3. Prime
  4. Fight
  5. Ryanoob
  6. Walker
  7. Phatbastard
  8. Gazzo 

Top 4 advance from each round. Placings throughout each round will accumulate seeding points.

• 1st place - 9 points
  • 2nd place - 7 points
  • 3rd place - 6 points
  • 4th place - 5 points
  • 5th place - 4 points
  • 6th place - 3 points
  • 7th place - 2 points
  • 8th place - 1 point
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Here is the team list. I'll see if people want to come up with team names but for now it's just the names of the partners combined.

1. Legend + Patch
  2. Nistic + Jownz
  3. Poseidon + Hard Way
  4. Poon + Prime
  5. Cujjer + Spud
  6. HB + ColonP
  7. Finny + Zephy
  8. Unit + Walker
  9. Bonesaw + Fight (BoneFight)
  10. King Nick + Ryanoob (Halo 5 Kids)
  11. Skeletor + Dman
  12. Sinister + Trix
  13. Doughboy + Words
  14. McDick + PhatBastard (PhatDick)
  15. Wonder + Oh4
  16. Teapot + Gazzo (Jersey Boys)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

When is this starting? I think we should post to r/gaming as soon as we go live.

I think r/gaming will hold higher regard and nostalgia for Halo 1 than r/Halo does. r/Halo is full of new kids that don't care.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Round 1 Heat 1 Results:

1. Doughboy - 9 points
  2. Sinister - 7 points
  3. Legend - 6 points
  4. Bonesaw - 5 points
  5. McDick - 4 points
  6. Finny - 3 points
  7. Wonder - 2 points
  8. Poseidon - 1 point.

zJaWyy4.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

When is this starting? I think we should post to r/gaming as soon as we go live.

I think r/gaming will hold higher regard and nostalgia for Halo 1 than r/Halo does. r/Halo is full of new kids that don't care.

good points. Probably true. 

• Upvote (+1) 1