Teapot

Beach Lan 5: $3,500 Halo CE Tournament - Powered by Weedmaps

Yes, i live about an hour away and most of the halo guys live in the denver area anyway. You going to be to busy with whatever to play?

Nope, I'm free for most of the week I'm out there and would be down to play. What are the chances someone can host a LAN? I'll make sure to pack my Duke.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nope, I'm free for most of the week I'm out there and would be down to play. What are the chances someone can host a LAN? I'll make sure to pack my Duke.

ill figure out some way we can play, are you able to play on friday or saturday night? That would be ideal.

ill figure out some way we can play, are you able to play on friday or saturday night? That would be ideal.

Sweet let me know. I can definitely commit to one of those nights but probably not both.

Who is in the Denver scene? I know we played a few times so you kinda know where I stand skill wise, which is below you, but no clue where I stand compared to the rest of the group.

Sweet let me know. I can definitely commit to one of those nights but probably not both.

Who is in the Denver scene? I know we played a few times so you kinda know where I stand skill wise, which is below you, but no clue where I stand compared to the rest of the group.

all cujjer level + doughboy
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Sweet, I just donated an extra $100 toward the prize pool. Hopefully they continue to record gameplay this year.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Saturday during the day is looking to be the best. Im hoping to have me, you, trix and @@BlackShadow. Will that work?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Saturday during the day is looking to be the best. Im hoping to have me, you, trix and @@BlackShadow. Will that work?

Yeah that works great for me. I have a rental car and don't mind traveling an hour each way. I'm excited to LAN in a different state lol I never really have the opportunity to do this so it's awesome. As far as players go it doesn't matter to me in all honesty. I'm probably going to be the worst but I prefer playing people better than me. I'll make sure I play a lot the week before the LAN so I'm not rusty.

Sweet, I just donated an extra $100 toward the prize pool. Hopefully they continue to record gameplay this year.

Holy shit man that's amazing. Thank you so much! At the very least they should be recording but we will hopefully be able to improve off last years stream as well. I have to talk to McDick and see if Jeenyus is going. <3

• Upvote (+1) 2

Holy shit man that's amazing. Thank you so much! At the very least they should be recording but we will hopefully be able to improve off last years stream as well. I have to talk to McDick and see if Jeenyus is going. <3

It's my pleasure, let me know once you actually get confirmation everything went through. My paypal says it's good, but I don't want to AGL anybody.

Just wanted to chime in and say I have a spare AverMedia HD Game Capture (One of these: http://www.amazon.com/AVERMEDIA-C281-Capture-Record-resolution/dp/B005YR0M0W) I wouldn't mind letting you guys borrow if it means more game play is captured. I loved playing Halo 1 back into the day and just came across this forum. I'm definitely not good enough to fly down but love watching good guys play!

Thanks for the offer! We had about 4 hauppauge hd pvrs and droids black magic intensity pro that ran the stream last year. I would say its really just organization that reduces the amount of capping that is done.Also there is probably a large amount of footage last year that was capped but never uploaded anywhere. I would say don't worry about it.

Would you say if anything we need a better PC to stream from? Wasn't that the main issue?

@@CYRiX, what's the best way to contact you? I can reach out to McDick and see if it's necessary but after reading Cujjers post I guess they have it covered.

Would you say if anything we need a better PC to stream from? Wasn't that the main issue?

@@CYRiX, what's the best way to contact you? I can reach out to McDick and see if it's necessary but after reading Cujjers post I guess they have it covered.

I have no idea how the stream actually looked since i had no way of pulling it up at the time. You will have to let me know if there were issues like bad sound, low quality, dropped frames etc. The only issues i witnessed were the occasional flash that occured, presumably at fault of the capture card, and when the computer decided to perform some updates in the middle of the tournament (lol). The issue with the one Cyrix has is that it cannot be streamed from and does not involve a PC at all. That would seem to be a plus but it would unfortunate to have a great series not be capped just because something happened with its settings and we were not aware.

Thanks for the offer! We had about 4 hauppauge hd pvrs and droids black magic intensity pro that ran the stream last year. I would say its really just organization that reduces the amount of capping that is done.Also there is probably a large amount of footage last year that was capped but never uploaded anywhere. I would say don't worry about it.

Doesnt help we have people use tags like john blainer so people don't know who played. Though yeah, I downloaded the caps I was featured in. Jeenyus said he would upload them all, but good thing i took the initiative to download them lol.

I'm down to hos

I can host a little LAN this weekend.

Feel free to PM me on here and I'll give you my phone number or something.

I have no idea how the stream actually looked since i had no way of pulling it up at the time. You will have to let me know if there were issues like bad sound, low quality, dropped frames etc. The only issues i witnessed were the occasional flash that occured, presumably at fault of the capture card, and when the computer decided to perform some updates in the middle of the tournament (lol). The issue with the one Cyrix has is that it cannot be streamed from and does not involve a PC at all. That would seem to be a plus but it would unfortunate to have a great series not be capped just because something happened with its settings and we were not aware.

Yeah, it's a standalone unit which has it's benefits like not having to be right next to a computer or worrying about your PC shutting down or lagging. No streaming though. It has an OSD that and an LED that let's you know it's recording and has been rock solid for me. I just recently bought the newer version so this one mostly sits unused.  32gb thumb drive will get you 12+ hours of 480p recording on the highest bitrate. Also accepts a 2.5" laptop-sized hard drive.

@@Cujjer, if I bring a mic, how feasible would it be to commentate the stream?  I'd enjoy doing it, and I think it would benefit viewers new to H1 quite a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm down to hos

I can host a little LAN this weekend.

Could you PM me your details? I'm hoping you live relatively close to where I'm staying. Also let me know what I would need to bring.

@@Cujjer, if I bring a mic, how feasible would it be to commentate the stream?  I'd enjoy doing it, and I think it would benefit viewers new to H1 quite a bit.

I think it's a good idea but again I would have to talk to McDick and others to see what the issues were. The mic that they were using was absolutely abysmal but the room itself was far from ideal for quality casting. You could hear every timer going in the background and players yelling. When Legend was on stream the mic was peaking/clipping half the time and my ear started to bleed.

I hope to somehow market this in a way where there would be plenty of interest from a causal or new player perspective. Out of everyone going, Legend has the most established twitch but has been inactive forever. I wonder what the chances are that one of those guys can convince Ogre 2 to host Legend's channel.

I think we need to contact @@Droid in regards to issues from last years set up.

Entirely feasible. The only issue you'd have is putting down your controller long enough to commentate. Well I mean background noise will definitely be a thing. There is a room right next to the stream station so if you have a long cable you could just shut yourself in that room. You could also call dibs on that room to mcdick so you'd only have to worry about 1 other person sleeping there.

Entirely feasible. The only issue you'd have is putting down your controller long enough to commentate. Well I mean background noise will definitely be a thing. There is a room right next to the stream station so if you have a long cable you could just shut yourself in that room. You could also call dibs on that room to mcdick so you'd only have to worry about 1 other person sleeping there.

That sounds ideal.  And I'm sure I'm gonna get slapped hard enough in games that casting a stream would be a refreshing break from my respawn screen.

My advice would be to set up the mic that you have to literally have your face on it so it can hear you (increases chance of not picking up other noise). Also you could get something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Compact-Acoustic-Microphone-Isolation/dp/B015YQ1044/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1460519356&sr=8-4&keywords=microphone+isolation

idk, I like hearing all the screams of rape in the background

Not a CE player. I will always suck at CE, I do not understand the magnum, never have, never will, never want to play these guys and get molested. 

That being said, I actually might go to enjoy Florida and watch the best in action. Do I have to play to go or if I just donate and contribute to a room they'll be cool with me drifting and just having a good time?

Not a CE player. I will always suck at CE, I do not understand the magnum, never have, never will, never want to play these guys and get molested.

That's the spirit! Lol in all seriousness though, if you were trying to get started with CE on MCC, that's probably not the best learning platform. I find 90% of games in that playlist are very one-sided. If I'm not getting stomped by savages, I'm stomping people that appear to be bots. There are very few relatively close matches, and in my experience those are the ones that let you experiment and develop as a player.

For the best learning experience, you want to be able to increase your GGPH (good-games-per-hour). In descending order, these are my preferred means of achieving high GGPH:

1) Local LAN on original Xbox

2) Halo PC in my servers with the Discord group

3) MCC Customs

4) MCC Matchmaking

I'm strictly talking in terms of good "can't put the controller down" series/gauntlets.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Could you PM me your details? I'm hoping you live relatively close to where I'm staying. Also let me know what I would need to bring.

I think it's a good idea but again I would have to talk to McDick and others to see what the issues were. The mic that they were using was absolutely abysmal but the room itself was far from ideal for quality casting. You could hear every timer going in the background and players yelling. When Legend was on stream the mic was peaking/clipping half the time and my ear started to bleed.

I hope to somehow market this in a way where there would be plenty of interest from a causal or new player perspective. Out of everyone going, Legend has the most established twitch but has been inactive forever. I wonder what the chances are that one of those guys can convince Ogre 2 to host Legend's channel.

I think we need to contact @@Droid in regards to issues from last years set up.

Well I sold my old spare tower to one of my friends so I no longer have it. I do have the capture card though, so that I could maybe provide.