Teapot

Beach Lan 5: $3,500 Halo CE Tournament - Powered by Weedmaps

Some solid prizes if you ask me!

On top of that Legend was kind enough to pick up some trophies for the tournament.

http://imgur.com/3KVEGVr

http://imgur.com/g1sDIXv

The first place ones are really cool in my opinion. I wonder why the ones that look so cool are the ones that patch and legend are likely to win.. :thinking:

but really, they're pretty expensive to make especially so last minute. It was really nice of him to go out of his way to do this.

Clearing space on my mantel right now

• Upvote (+1) 2

Whoever has access to the Beachlan twitch should edit that part in the bio it calls it "Halo 1.5 final" when it should be "Halo 1 Final - NHE" or "Halo 1 Final - Neutral Host Edition".

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wonder if "dedicated host edition" would make more sense to the common gamer if we're going for marketing.

"Halo CE 'Actual Dedicated Server' Edition"

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm not talking about changing the name for ease of understanding, im saying that because halo 1 final - NHE is what it is called on the xboxes and on the website. I have no idea where Halo 1.5 final came from. That is a non existent version of halo as far as i know.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you guys have any type of tentative stream/tournament schedule for this next week? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

McDick sent me three videos of some of his nade tricks.  I went through and practiced all of them.  Took me forever, but my nade knowledge probably tripled over the last couple days.

Sorry if this has been confirmed one way or another already, but do we know if Ogre 2 will be in attendance? 

@@Cujjer - Done

@@Hard Way - Those nade tricks are amazing. I assume you watched Damnation and saw the rocket one.. apparently he has some more that aren't in those videos

@@SMARTAN 427 - Idk, that's how I read it lol.

@@Hully - No unfortunately not

@@NAK - I don't think so. Might not figure it out until we're actually at the LAN.

@@RyaNoob - Awesome. Glad you can come! Convince Ace to go too!

@@Droid - I expect you to be waiting outside of my terminal with a sign that says Teapot Yo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

McDick sent me three videos of some of his nade tricks. I went through and practiced all of them. Took me forever, but my nade knowledge probably tripled over the last couple days.

Could you post these videos? Would understand if you can't though.

Also, I'm assuming you've seen it, but @@Missingno has a great grenade trick video. I've learned a lot of new ones from there as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, I'm assuming you've seen it, but @@Missingno has a great grenade trick video. I've learned a lot of new ones from there as well.

Not sure what McDick did in his vids but I assure you his Hang 'Em nades will be at least 10x better than mine.  I will readily admit to making most of my Hang 'Em/BC nades up as I made the video.  I have a version of Halo with everything on 30 sec respawn, so it was easy.  Some of my Damnation grenades were left out of the video when I exported though :(  I do not nade trick too much in game, for what it's worth.

• Upvote (+1) 7

This is one of the three videos he showed me. He uploaded this recently and it got a good number of views right away. One really cool thing about this is theres no editing done. He just goes around the entire map and hits everything first try.  He asked me not to share the others but I would assume he would upload them to his channel sometime after the LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This is one of the three videos he showed me. He uploaded this recently and it got a good number of views right away. One really cool thing about this is theres no editing done. He just goes around the entire map and hits everything first try.  He asked me not to share the others but I would assume he would upload them to his channel sometime after the LAN.

I feel like that's reddit worthy

I feel like that's reddit worthy

I posted it on reddit and didn't get any responses really. I posted it also in a discord I use, and a member there apparently posted it on reddit as well. Think it got like 50 votes or something but way more attention than my post did.

McDick definitely has the largest arsenal of nade tricks, especially on HH.  While I'm pushing out from red hes scanning orions belt for that perfect 8 second nade.  Seriously though everythings very easy when you know the reference point,  for example sometimes it may look like he just knows where that exact perfect star in the sky is, but he's really lining up the "2x" text to some tangent.  When there's some downtime at the LAN I guarantee he'll put on an exhibition for anyone interested.  Well timed nade tricks on HH and Dammy are crucial and can be a great tool.  With that said I think @@Patch Stay knows like 2 nade tricks, he's the exception to the rule.

• Upvote (+1) 2

LOL scanning Orion's Belt. Fucking great.

Well boys the day has come and im on my way to the airport. So stoked. I'll try to take pics and do some updates. Def plan on figuring out the schedule and posting it and if I have time at the airport I'll update the break down of the prize pool.

Also ACE posted on Twitter asking if anyone good needed a teammate. Hmmmm

Edit: prize pool

Tiered tournament

1st = $400 + 2 trophies

2nd = $300 + 2 trophies

3rd = $200 + 2 trophies

Main tournament (pick a partner)

1st = $900 + 2 astro headsets + 2 trophies

2nd = $700 + 2 trophies

3rd = $500 + 2 trophies

4th = $300

5th = $200

FFA Tournament

1st = Astro headset + trophy

2nd = trophy

3rd = trophy

Rule changes

5 sec betrayal/suicide penalty

No getting on top of pillar in shot gun room on chilly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

In regards to the stream, if you don't list it under H5 (for the visibility) I would suggest just doing it under CE, not MCC or anything like that.

In regards to the stream, if you don't list it under H5 (for the visibility) I would suggest just doing it under CE, not MCC or anything like that.

Sorry but that's a bad idea. Everyone goes to MCC for H1 streams. When we lan, MCC gets notably more viewers than the Halo 1 section.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry but that's a bad idea. Everyone goes to MCC for H1 streams. When we lan, MCC gets notably more viewers than the Halo 1 section.

My only thought is that if people want the CE scene to grow, it will have to be listed under its name at some point. Why not start with the biggest tournament in years. I understand both sides though.