Teapot

Beach Lan 5: $3,500 Halo CE Tournament - Powered by Weedmaps

Like Csquared said I think a "veto" option for just Downrush is the best compromise. I think nobody can complain about that. If two teams want to play it, then they can. If one of them does not want to, it gets replaced by say.. Battle Creek?

I don't see how this solution would detriment anyone while still allowing a few games of Downrush to make it in to the tournament. Everyone wins.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just sent messages to Act Man, Favyn and bdobbins about this tournament. Hopefully they can tweet/make videos about it. They are all about the community and making it stronger and are critical about the current direction of Halo. All of them have thousands of subscribers too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've been playing new maps since 2011, I love them. I'd even say me being so vocal about it is why a lot of good players have touched them at all. With that said, they have no place in a tournament on this short of notice. 1st isn't the only place that pays out. People will start playing them if it's known that they will be in tournaments from here on out, giving people a clear disadvantage a week prior to the tournament is non sense.

I decide a few minutes after posting that I don't want to be a part of this discussion, but the homie teapot swooped in and quoted me. That's my opinion and many others, look at it however you want but your excuses aren't sound logic when it comes to organizing a competitive tournament.

One last note, I proposed the compromise of a pick/ban format for maps in the tournament that is pretty successful in melee. I think it's the most reasonable solution, let them know what you think.

I understand, given the circumstances.  I'm just frustrated that these maps have been out this long and it's like pulling teeth to get people to play them.  Could you imagine if we did that with Sanctuary and Warlock in Halo 2, and kept using Ivory Tower?  That's what it feels like to me.

I think @@Patch Stay makes a good point about not including them this year.

BUT.

I would really like to see people get out of their comfort zone and try the new maps after the Beach Lan. Seriously, more variety never hurt. Imminent is possibly the most well designed Halo map of all time. I really hope people start getting more time on the other 1.5 maps; they are well worth the effort invested.

Just my two cents tho

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is great, can't wait to watch the stream.  Smash 64, Melee and now CE's return using CRT's lol.  2016.. CRT's..  Good shit.

Like Csquared said I think a "veto" option for just Downrush is the best compromise. I think nobody can complain about that. If two teams want to play it, then they can. If one of them does not want to, it gets replaced by say.. Battle Creek?

I don't see how this solution would detriment anyone while still allowing a few games of Downrush to make it in to the tournament. Everyone wins.

Not what I'm saying at all, pick/ban works like this. Both team decide on a neutral starting map, the winner of that map gets to ban 1 map from being picked for the next game, the loser picks the map. It incorporates on the fly strategy and also allows people to avoid maps they aren't comfortable with.

Not what I'm saying at all, pick/ban works like this. Both team decide on a neutral starting map, the winner of that map gets to ban 1 map from being picked for the next game, the loser picks the map. It incorporates on the fly strategy and also allows people to avoid maps they aren't comfortable with.

Sorry, I meant some sort of veto system is the best compromise and then gave my suggestion.

Act Man on YouTube did reply to me. I might pass him on to someone more involved with the tournament if he wants more info. He has 10k subs so he might provide a boost for us in some form.

Don't post links to a reddit thread because it will cause the thread to be removed by mods. We had this issue a few weeks back in the hcs thread as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't post links to a reddit thread because it will cause the thread to be removed by mods. We had this issue a few weeks back in the hcs thread as well. 

OT I know, and it wasn't me, I'm just curious. How does the link sharing work? Why is there a share button for reddit if no one is allowed to share the thread with anyone?

OT I know, and it wasn't me, I'm just curious. How does the link sharing work? Why is there a share button for reddit if no one is allowed to share the thread with anyone?

I'm not exactly sure how reddit works. I think if you post it to another website they think of it as "rep farming" so the post gets to the top faster so they remove it.

I'm not exactly sure how reddit works. I think if you post it to another website they think of it as "rep farming" so the post gets to the top faster so they remove it.

Hmm.. Interesting, but I digress.

Thank you sir!

-----------------------------------------

Back on-topic: 

I think some new maps would be fun to watch as well. A ton of them? Of course not, but I think 1 or 2 very well designed ones like Imminent would be interesting. Would be dope seeing what the best players can come up with on these maps.

edit: Legend has updated the rules, stating that if one team does not want to play Downrush than that is good enough to "veto" the map essentially. Both teams will need to agree to play DR, otherwise they will play another map that was not in the rotation for that specific round.

• Upvote (+1) 1

hmm... possible  :intel: ?

I think he'll be in Orlando anyway so if anything its possible he stops by for a day or something but who knows.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Both Act Man and @@Favyn have expressed interest in trying to promote this tournament. Maybe not through video but tweet or something. Act Man said he actually wants to go next year.

I also saw it posted on Halo Memes on facebook. 110 likes and counting. Not bad for awareness.

Both Act Man and @@Favyn have expressed interest in trying to promote this tournament. Maybe not through video but tweet or something. Act Man said he actually wants to go next year.

I also saw it posted on Halo Memes on facebook. 110 likes and counting. Not bad for awareness.

You think you could pm me some details on youtube?

I might fit it in to a video talking about classic settings or something like that :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I might fit it in to a video talking about classic settings or something like that :)

I was actually going to message you the other day about doing a video about these classic settings that are taking off in the community. Glad you will be tackling that topic too :)

Hey man, for the details, check out the H5: Evolved settings gametype/details list thread on this forum. That has some of the most important info.

I would like to link it, but I'm on mobile.

Some solid prizes if you ask me!

On top of that Legend was kind enough to pick up some trophies for the tournament.

http://imgur.com/3KVEGVr

http://imgur.com/g1sDIXv

The first place ones are really cool in my opinion. I wonder why the ones that look so cool are the ones that patch and legend are likely to win..  :thinking:

but really, they're pretty expensive to make especially so last minute. It was really nice of him to go out of his way to do this.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Everyone is really going all out this year. This community has always made me proud but it's really gone above and beyond this year. Way to pull it together guys.

• Upvote (+1) 5