Teapot

Beach Lan 5: $3,500 Halo CE Tournament - Powered by Weedmaps

Blood Gulch, No Shields, 200% health, pistol starts until we lead to championship 1v1's on side winder.

wargod already beat me, but pretty much the g4 national championship

I think we need these announcers.  Their command of halo is unparalleled.

lmao that fat Melvin's voice was insufferable.  He strikes me as a man that is good at nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

great stuff, I'd love to give you guys a little shoutout in my news round-up for haloorbit, it's not gonna be the most effective or wide spread advertisement but I hope to get at least a few people interested in this tournament!

Do you know what twitch account you will be using for the streams?

• Upvote (+1) 1

lmao that fat Melvin's voice was insufferable.  He strikes me as a man that is good at nothing.

This is true Zach, but are we gonna pretend that Tom and Dan Ryan's choice of the tag "OGRE" was not due to them being amazed and inspired by the greatness of legendary Brad Griff, aka RED OGRE.

See here, 1 minute 15 second mark:

:D

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I picked those settings knowing it was the G4 settings. Also, figured that since we couldn't get Walshy or T2 that we could maybe sway some other huge celebrities with massive star power and millions of followers like BigSauce and DuG to attend if we replicate the tournament.

Probably not, Twitch has an automatic delay they put on all streams unless you're a partner in which case you can set the delay yourself. Unless T2 captured the Beach LAN stream, then streamed on another channel with his commentary over top, or you guys found another way to get the game footage to him while he skypes in, I believe you're out of luck.

Perhaps @@GoldenboyFTW knows a different/better way to go about it.

Tagging @@Teapot too

Why would a delay matter? I'm saying send him a private stream, he rebroadcasts it on his channel. So he is commenting on a delay yes, but it's a delay no one but him and the people at beach LAN can see. They did the same thing with the Democratic National convention, other channels like Young Turks could pick up the main feed and commentate on it with direct audio mixing control and their own overlay. Shouldn't be difficult at all except I guess he wouldn't have direct control of pov switches (which no one has said is being set up but I assume it is). Could you send him both povs and he can select which one he broadcasts?

I've never streamed on a PC, so correct me if this is not possible, but can you select one monitor to stream? If he has two or three monitors, has each pov on the other two monitors, and has one monitor that is the main one being rebroadcast through twitch, I think it is possible this way. He can minimize and maximize which pov he wants to broadcast on the fly. And it would all be commented in real time since he is rebroadcasting. Just an idea. Again someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Tagging @@Teapot too

Why would a delay matter? I'm saying send him a private stream, he rebroadcasts it on his channel. So he is commenting on a delay yes, but it's a delay no one but him and the people at beach LAN can see. They did the same thing with the Democratic National convention, other channels like Young Turks could pick up the main feed and commentate on it with direct audio mixing control and their own overlay. Shouldn't be difficult at all except I guess he wouldn't have direct control of pov switches (which no one has said is being set up but I assume it is). Could you send him both povs and he can select which one he broadcasts?

I've never streamed on a PC, so correct me if this is not possible, but can you select one monitor to stream? If he has two or three monitors, has each pov on the other two monitors, and has one monitor that is the main one being rebroadcast through twitch, I think it is possible this way. He can minimize and maximize which pov he wants to broadcast on the fly. And it would all be commented in real time since he is rebroadcasting. Just an idea. Again someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry, I may have misworded my original post. What you described is what I was meaning as one potential way to do it. I'm not sure if the multi-monitor thing would work, depends how much equipment they have for capping/recording stuff at the LAN. You don't necessarily have to cap a full monitor, you can cap just a portion of it that you set, but the more POVs we want we would need capture equipment for it, and if T2 was to control the POV switching they would need to set up multiple streams.

Possible though for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I picked those settings knowing it was the G4 settings. Also, figured that since we couldn't get Walshy or T2 that we could maybe sway some other huge celebrities with massive star power and millions of followers like BigSauce and DuG to attend if we replicate the tournament.

What stream will the event be broadcasted from?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry, I know i have to come back and touch on a few of your guys posts. However I'm dropping this info and will be back with more. Edit: @@Saucey, I believe we should be using https://www.twitch.tv/beachlan was hoping for that hot crispy walshy twitch, but I can't see us using something other than this one here.

We're doing our best to get out as much tournament information as possible. Legend's doing a great job and I'll share what else he figured out so far. Again we will be running an FFA tournament that seeds into Pool Play. This information is given under the assumption that there are 24 teams in the tournament. There is more information in the OP that explains how FFA seeds will work.

Pool Play Info:

• Pool Play should consist of 24 teams.
  • There will be 6 pools total consisting of 4 teams per pool.
  • There are 3 rounds during pool play thus ensuring that each team plays each other once within their pools.
  • Teams will NOT be doing Bo3. Instead, each round will feature 3 maps that need to be played. Total record will determine seeding for double elimination bracket. (example: Teams can win pools with 9-0 record. If multiple teams do this FFA seeds will be re-used)
  • FFA seeds will break the pool into these groups:

Pool A. #1, #12, #18, #24
Pool B. #2, #11, #17, #23
Pool C. #3, #10, #16, #22
Pool D. #4,  #9,  #15, #21
Pool E. #5,  #8,  #14, #20
Pool F.  #6,  #7,  #13, #19

• Round 1 : Prisoner, Hang Em High, Chill Out
  • Round 2 : Damnation, Derelict, Battle Creek
  • Round 3 : Chill Out, Downrush, Prisoner

Tournament Rules:

• Players must use their designated tags throughout the tournament.
  • For example, "McDick" must play as "McDick", not McDongle, McDucker, McCasual etc.
  • You can not use a blank name.
  • You cannot use the same name as your partner.
  • Players are responsible for making sure their controller settings are correct prior to the game starting.
  • If your controller settings are not correct you will have to play the game out with the wrong controller settings unless the other team consents to a restart. The match will be replayed in full.
  • In the event of a tie game, the match must be replayed on the same map.
  • Players are NOT allowed to quit out of the game.
  • If a player does quit out of a game (start, up, A) it will result in a instant disqualification and forfeiture of that game. Games will not be re-played.
  • Players will NOT be allowed to use portals to intentionally force players outside of the map.
  • Accidents can happen in Halo CE. If the previous does happen, 5 players at random will be selected to review the play after the game is over and determine whether it was intentional or not. If the committee determines it is intentional than that team will be disqualified and again will result in a forfeit. *This is assuming all stations will be capped*
  • Players are NOT allowed "Out Of Bounds" on any maps. One exception is Chill Out
  • Players ARE allowed to enter the top of shotgun room on Chill Out.
  • @Patch_Stay can NOT use his glass walls mod he's known for.  :simms:

FFA Tournament Settings:

• All FFA games will be set to Slayer Pro on Derelict.
  • Score to win = 50 kills
  • Radar = On
  • Suicide Penalty = Off
  • Respawn Time = 5 seconds
  • Equipment Set = Generic
  • Single Elimination
  • Rounds #1 and #2 consist of full 8 man games. Top 4 advance.
  • Rounds #3 will feature 6 man games due to number of players attending. Top 4 advance.
  • Round #4 will be the Championship Round. Top 8 will play two games and add the scores. (This is done to ensure the best player has the best shot of winning instead of someone winning on a fluke)

2v2 Tournament Settings:

• All 2v2 games will be set to Team Slayer.
  • Score to win = 50 kills
  • Radar = Off
  • Respawn Time = 5 seconds
  • Suicide Penalty = Off
  • Death Bonus = Off
  • Kill Penalty = Off
  • Equipment Set = Generic

Maps have been determined for Pool Play. The same maps will be used for bracket play, but we are not sure in what order, of if any additional maps will be added. If I had to assume, I don't think we would add anymore maps, like Rat Race.

So far the current maps are:

1. Damnation
  2. Chill Out
  3. Prisoner
  4. Hang Em High
  5. Downrush
  6. Battle Creek
  • Upvote (+1) 3

• Players are NOT allowed "Out Of Bounds" on any maps. One exception is Chill Out
  • Players ARE allowed to enter the top of shotgun room on Chill Out.

I feel like Doc had a say in these rules. 

Players are not allowed to quit out of the games

Rip the bait strat when its 49-49.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tagging @@Teapot too

Honestly I'm just not that great when it comes to anything past a simple stream set up. I feel if anything we would have to wait until the LAN starts to determine just how much equipment we have. There is a dedicated streaming station set up but am not sure if it will have both POVs. I think it could, considering I am bringing my capture card with me but this is why we pay the big bucks to get @@Jeenyus here.

I can try to reach out to him and see what he can do. Things have come together rather nicely through a community effort. If anything, I regret not committing earlier and spending more time ironing out these details but everything should still work out nicely.

You cheeky cunt

uhh uhh.. It was legend, I swear  :intensifies:

This looks like it's coming together nicely.  As long as the POV is mostly from legend and Patch's screen, I think we'll be fine.  :)  

Honestly I'm just not that great when it comes to anything past a simple stream set up. I feel if anything we would have to wait until the LAN starts to determine just how much equipment we have. There is a dedicated streaming station set up but am not sure if it will have both POVs. I think it could, considering I am bringing my capture card with me but this is why we pay the big bucks to get @@Jeenyus here.

I can try to reach out to him and see what he can do. Things have come together rather nicely through a community effort. If anything, I regret not committing earlier and spending more time ironing out these details but everything should still work out nicely.

uhh uhh.. It was legend, I swear  :intensifies:

From a fan perspective, this is gonna be lit regardless. Just trying to think of ways to get the stream as legitimate and as popular as possible. I think people will be more curious if a legitimate caster is involved because then it dispels a notion that this is just some random thing by people they've never heard of. I know there would be thousands of people potentially interested in tuning in even for a few minutes to see how these old games have evolved. People who love classic Halo but have given up over the years because there's no easy option for them to play anymore. I think there is a large chunk of people who have simply given up even trying to organize LANs or just don't even think about it but would go once in a while if there was something well organized in their area. It will just take promotion and people taking the initiative to make it happen. A big tournament might provide that spark. I just think back to seeing some gifs from Halo CE that get voted to the front page of reddit and see literally over a thousand comments from people saying they miss Blood Gulch or Hang 'Em High. We just have to reach these people.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is true Zach, but are we gonna pretend that Tom and Dan Ryan's choice of the tag "OGRE" was not due to them being amazed and inspired by the greatness of legendary Brad Griff, aka RED OGRE.

See here, 1 minute 15 second mark:

:D

lmao my God, Travis Oates is horrible.  I mean, you look at him and have a certain expectation of how he's going to sound, and then he speaks...and tries to be funny.  But yeah that Red Ogre dude looked like a prom king too.

You know what's funny?  The 3rd guy, at 1:23, is Noah Evans, the guy that designed the 'Halo 1 Timer' app that I use for MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So far the current maps are:

• Damnation
  • Chill Out
  • Prisoner
  • Hang Em High
  • Downrush
  • Battle Creek

Where's Derelict?

Personally I am in favour of excluding it. Especially if we put Downrush in instead.

Agreed.  Dere is the worst map out of those 7.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I assume Derelict will be in but it was the only map that wasn't specifically mentioned in the pool play rounds. I figured for bracket play that it would be there, especially once we switch to Bo5's or w/e the plan is.

I'd like to get more teams posted but I feel like people won't know until the day before.

I assume Derelict will be in but it was the only map that wasn't specifically mentioned in the pool play rounds. I figured for bracket play that it would be there, especially once we switch to Bo5's or w/e the plan is.

I'd like to get more teams posted but I feel like people won't know until the day before.

When does this happen? Semi's I would imagine? 

When does this happen? Semi's I would imagine? 

Most likely. It's hard to scroll and find what was said in the chat but I'll look for it. I believe legend said when theres 8 teams left, not players.

• Upvote (+1) 1