Teapot

Beach Lan 5: $3,500 Halo CE Tournament - Powered by Weedmaps

People don't call out at these things.  They can see their partner's screen, and the opponents are sitting right across from them.  Teapot was telling me how his habit of calling out was actually making his partner mad, because he already knew it, and it was giving the opponent information.  Pretty sure most of what you would hear on a listen in would be either trash talk or complaining, and probably a lot of swearing. lol

To be fair, I'd listen for some shit talk lol. But that's just me haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People don't call out at these things.  They can see their partner's screen, and the opponents are sitting right across from them.  Teapot was telling me how his habit of calling out was actually making his partner mad, because he already knew it, and it was giving the opponent information.  Pretty sure most of what you would hear on a listen in would be either trash talk or complaining, and probably a lot of swearing. lol

If someone comes to beach LAN and starts making callouts..... McDick is liable to cut to a commercial break and punch their mouth loose LOL!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I would love to see this get to 4k. With a week left it can easily happen. 

McDick has appointed Legend as Tournament Dictator Commissioner. We're always open to suggestions here but ultimately the final decision will be made by Legend and McDick. Legend has some good ideas and it looks like we are going to have a lot more content to showcase for the tournament. While we will have great footage all week long, we should have two full days of pure tournament gameplay. Here's some of what's being discussed and some updates.

One thing to note is that after the controversial #GOATGate scandal of 2016, the Patch and Legend embargo has been lifted and they will be teaming together.

Overall Tournament Structure:

The main tournament is the pick your partner tournament. We will likely split the tournament prize money between the two, but heavily favor the main tournament. Depends on how much our final prize pool is, but can expect a split in the range of 65/35 to 75/25. We will figure out all the rules here first before bothering with the random tiered tournaments.

• We will do an FFA tournament to seed for the main tournament. Likely won't have prizes for FFA.
  • FFA's will seed into Pool Play.
  • Pool Play will be used to see the Double Elimination bracket.
  • Rounds will be Bo3 until I believe 8 teams are left for the Championship Bracket. At that point it should be Bo5
  • Maps will be predetermined for rounds and not feature a pick/ban system. Battle Creek + Downrush have been agreed upon to be included into the rotation.

FFA Seeding Info:

Some information will change depending on how many people attend and play. The way we figured it out currently, we run into a small issue during Round #3. There will most likely be 12 players left at that point so we decided it's best to limit the player count to 6 players per match, and top 4 will still advance. If anyone has any other ideas let me know!

• There will be 4 rounds for the FFA, each with multiple heats. Top 4 from each match advance into the next round and earn seeding points based on their performance
  • Round 1 = 6 matches
  • Round 2 = 3 matches
  • Round 3 = 2 matches
  • Round 4 (Championship FFA) = 2 matches. Still TBD, here's more info on the reasons.

FFA's have been used for both seeding and to lead towards a 1v1 championship bracket. We will not be doing any 1v1 tournaments and we thought that for the FFA Finals, we would let the top 8 play twice and add up both games to determine who did the best. Please let me know your thoughts on this. Would you prefer just one round for finals? Would you maybe prefer 3?

• Placings throughout each round will accumulate seeding points. 

1st place - 9 points

2nd place - 7 points

3rd place - 6 points

4th place - 5 points

5th place - 4 points

6th place - 3 points

7th place - 2 points

8th place - 1 point

I do not expect to have many teams confirmed before the LAN starts. However I'll try to update them as much as I can. Team names are optional.

Confirmed teams:

• LePatch - LegendPimps + Patch (aka Skillz)
  • PhatDick - PhatBastard + McDick
  • BoneFight - Bonesaw + Fight

Rumored teams:

• HalasterBlack + Poonmaster
  • Zephy + Finny
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah that was Gazzo that explained how dumb I was being. It was Trix though that told me I can call out if I wanted but he's able to gather all the info he needs by watching my screen so theres no point.

I live pretty far away from Poland but I guess I can try to get a hold of him anyway

Yea.. I don't know anyone from EU except him and Mat Logan haha. I hope FiL4 uploads everything he has on his hard drive. If there's anyone that has some 2v2 gameplays of the Ogres teaming it would be him.

I'm in favour of 75/25 split. Good stuff to hear guys.

What's the backup plan on the casting? Any ideas yet?

Also what days do you expect the tournament to be? We are having a Montreal Lan on August 12-14 and we were to set aside time to watch the tournament together. Should be a really good time.

Thanks

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm in favour of 75/25 split. Good stuff to hear guys.

What's the backup plan on the casting? Any ideas yet?

Also what days do you expect the tournament to be? We are having a Montreal Lan on August 12-14 and we were to set aside time to watch the tournament together. Should be a really good time.

Thanks

I think that the first few days of the LAN we will rotate in some people who are interested in casting and see how they do. Personally, I don't think we will get the money for T2. Also, as much as wanted T2 for exposure, I just don't think the community can afford to pay that kind of money this year especially when we aren't sure what we can get out of that kind of investment.

I think he'd do a great job. I think he'd bring in a good number of viewers. However I view this year as somewhat of a test run for having a larger scale tournament, even though this years tournament is a lot larger than I expected. Can't thank the community enough for their interest and support. If this year proves to generate a lot of interest, then I have no problem doing what I can to save up and help get a prominent caster in for next year.

As far as the dates go, we were shooting for wednesday/thursday but I should probably double check at this point. I think we chose those dates around Walshy initially so I'm not sure if that will change.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Cool stuff man. Thanks for the info. How pro is this cast gonna be? Will you able to switch between two feeds instantly or is it focused on one POV?

Maybe @@Hard Way could step in the booth :) At least between casts you'd be cool, I love your breakdowns on youtube man. Regardless, someone who is confident and can keep up with the pace for the actual play by play. I was practicing some casting last night of some old jeenyus footage and man it is harder than it looks to keep up and not stumble on names lol.

Cool stuff man. Thanks for the info. How pro is this cast gonna be? Will you able to switch between two feeds instantly or is it focused on one POV?

Maybe @@Hard Way could step in the booth :) At least between casts you'd be cool, I love your breakdowns on youtube man. Regardless, someone who is confident and can keep up with the pace for the actual play by play. I was practicing some casting last night of some old jeenyus footage and man it is harder than it looks to keep up and not stumble on names lol.

Thanks man!  I'm actually really eager to try this out.  I've never done it before but I think it'll be really fun.  Just give me a few games to hit my stride and I think I'll do alright.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys, @@Teapot @@McDick , has anyone considered the possibility of T2 remotely casting (possibly alongside someone who is there)? Not sure of the feasibility of it. Obviously not as ideal as having T2 there in person, but would be far, far less costly. It should work if you send a stream directly to T2 and he rebroadcasts from his PC right?

We already know more about this event than we ever heard from 343 about the Pro League event this weekend, lol. Great job putting everything together guys. Looking forward to watching it all go down.

Yea.. I don't know anyone from EU except him and Mat Logan haha. I hope FiL4 uploads everything he has on his hard drive. If there's anyone that has some 2v2 gameplays of the Ogres teaming it would be him.

FiL4.....turn back the clock moment.  I remember back in 07 when FiL4 said that Patch couldn't name 50 players better than him.

http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/forums/t/The-Best-H1-Team-7788946-p101

• Upvote (+1) 2

tfw you see all this cool ce stuff but you live in europe :)))))))))))

theres an ok amount of ppl in eu... Every1 is seperated. on xbc I used to see ppl from france and uk. I watched cali's stream and he was playing with some ppl from the UK in like 2k13 (he lives in norway). Then theres a good number of ppl from poland that i haven't heard from in almost a decade

theres an ok amount of ppl in eu... Every1 is seperated. on xbc I used to see ppl from france and uk. I watched cali's stream and he was playing with some ppl from the UK in like 2k13 (he lives in norway). Then theres a good number of ppl from poland that i haven't heard from in almost a decade

There's a number of players in Poland that Fil4 plays with, Flaha, Uzny, Bobek, Boczek, Zimol, Cichy, Zielony, Trella, Juanmag, Grizz, Motor, Soul, Goldi, Psychol, Kila, YoYo.....

I think 4 of them came to that Maryland madness tournament but I'm not sure how they did.

Back in the day Fil4 had a nice FTP site with some great halo CE vids on it.

I've caught up with Fil4 and Bobek since MCC dropped and got a few games in before everyone abandoned the game. Played with Bobek much more because Fil4 wasn't usually able to jump on during a decent hour. From what I saw he would mostly run 1v1s with his boys but I am not sure if it was mostly because of MCC things or if he lost interest in 2s.

On topic: What are the chances of getting T2, Walshy or whomever to simply host the Twitch channel? Isn't that a thing? If it comes down to it perhaps offer a little cash just to host the stream. While it won't pull the typical audience that those dudes would likely receive, nor address the whole official commentator thing, I feel it's a realistic backup plan which requires little effort for a nice viewer spike (assuming this was a part of the reason you'd want to bring those guys in). If all else fails just throw a tuxedo shirt on Jeenyus and mic him up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Umm, almost everybody makes call outs.

Certain callouts in context could be annoying or unnecessary, but most people talk in addition to watching screens. If you're *screaming* "one shot red 3" and lack the awareness to realize your partner was also shooting that guy and already knows, they might tell you to shut up.

Watch ANY player for a few games at a lan and you'll see them miss things on their OWN screen, let alone their partner's.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Umm, almost everybody makes call outs.

Certain callouts in context could be annoying or unnecessary, but most people talk in addition to watching screens. If you're *screaming* "one shot red 3" and lack the awareness to realize your partner was also shooting that guy and already knows, they might tell you to shut up.

Watch ANY player for a few games at a lan and you'll see them miss things on their OWN screen, let alone their partner's.

My issue was I was just being dumb about it and using bad habits from gaming online. Rather than pure locations of the players I kept adding in shit like "behind you", "above you" etc. Call outs that gave the enemy team just as much information.

I've caught up with Fil4 and Bobek since MCC dropped and got a few games in before everyone abandoned the game. Played with Bobek much more because Fil4 wasn't usually able to jump on during a decent hour. From what I saw he would mostly run 1v1s with his boys but I am not sure if it was mostly because of MCC things or if he lost interest in 2s.

On topic: What are the chances of getting T2, Walshy or whomever to simply host the Twitch channel? Isn't that a thing? If it comes down to it perhaps offer a little cash just to host the stream. While it won't pull the typical audience that those dudes would likely receive, nor address the whole official commentator thing, I feel it's a realistic backup plan which requires little effort for a nice viewer spike (assuming this was a part of the reason you'd want to bring those guys in). If all else fails just throw a tuxedo shirt on Jeenyus and mic him up.

It would be great to have any of them host the stream. It's hard to reach them on my end so I'll see if someone else can.

Hey guys, @@Teapot @@McDick , has anyone considered the possibility of T2 remotely casting (possibly alongside someone who is there)? Not sure of the feasibility of it. Obviously not as ideal as having T2 there in person, but would be far, far less costly. It should work if you send a stream directly to T2 and he rebroadcasts from his PC right?

Would that work? I don't know anything about casting a stream remotely other than in H5 with spectator mode.

Would that work? I don't know anything about casting a stream remotely other than in H5 with spectator mode.

Probably not, Twitch has an automatic delay they put on all streams unless you're a partner in which case you can set the delay yourself. Unless T2 captured the Beach LAN stream, then streamed on another channel with his commentary over top, or you guys found another way to get the game footage to him while he skypes in, I believe you're out of luck.

Perhaps @@GoldenboyFTW knows a different/better way to go about it.

Blood Gulch, No Shields, 200% health, pistol starts until we lead to championship 1v1's on side winder.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Blood Gulch, No Shields, 200% health, pistol starts until we lead to championship 1v1's on side winder.

I think we need these announcers.  Their command of halo is unparalleled.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Forget T2, let's pay 2k to get Travis Oates to cast!