Teapot

Beach Lan 5: $3,500 Halo CE Tournament - Powered by Weedmaps

I'll play you casually. You won't get good games though. I'm garbo.

I'll play you casually. You won't get good games though. I'm garbo.

Lol I was gonna say I'd definitely play too and get prepared for a 50-10 shellacking

I'll play them too. First time I ever experienced a soul crushing defeat was on XBC in like 08 to Patch and Shade. Halo CE is a weird game where when I lose matches that badly, I rarely am upset or mad. It's more or less impressive to me.

I imagine there will be some relatively skilled people there that also have egos. We could possibly see about setting up some small money matches on stream and see if they get reality checked by P+L. I'm sure nobody would put up their own money to face them but I'd throw down some cash on it.

I'm pumped to be there as the photographer/videographer thanks to @!

I'll be the dude with the camera but I'd jump in some games here and there if I have time.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm pumped to be there as the photographer/videographer thanks to @!

I'll be the dude with the camera but I'd jump in some games here and there if I have time.

Nice! I knew we were looking into getting someone for media coverage but I didn't realize we were going all out  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alright I'll be the guy with the FUCK HITLER shirt on

With a picture of McFührer on it?  :kappa:

Pat and Sean should absolutely be allowed to team, if it's a foregone conclusion that they will win then that is a testament to their skill and they deserve to win.  Who would want to win a tournament with a giant asterisk next to it anyways?  McFuhrer might as well just tell everyone who their team is going to be while he's at it.

Boys, I believe we can get T2 to come cast if we can raise the money for it.  Unfortunately, there was some miscommunication and we have T2 lined up but not the money.  I'm thinking it will cost between $1,500 to $2K for have him come and cast the stream.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Boys, I believe we can get T2 to come cast if we can raise the money for it.  Unfortunately, there was some miscommunication and we have T2 lined up but not the money.  I'm thinking it will cost between $1,500 to $2K for have him come and cast the stream.

Can we re-allocate some of the prize money towards getting him to cast? Now that the pool is so large I would definitely donate towards this effort first and foremost.

@ what do you think?

Can we re-allocate some of the prize money towards getting him to cast? Now that the pool is so large I would definitely donate towards this effort first and foremost.

@ what do you think?

Isn't walshy already going to be casting though? I think between him and the other veterans the casting would be in good hands regardless, but T2 is an excellent caster so if it is possible I agree it would be a good idea to get him to come. 

Isn't walshy already going to be casting though? I think between him and the other veterans the casting would be in good hands regardless, but T2 is an excellent caster so if it is possible I agree it would be a good idea to get him to come. 

Walshy fell through.  I thought we were locked in, but I guess he's about to make a move across the country and needed more time than expected to get his affairs in order.

I'll leave it to the popular opinion of people going to Beach LAN (McDick, Patch, Teapot, Hard Way, I think Oh 4? Perhaps some other people). If they would rather the money go towards T2, I'll happily put the money towards that. But if any of them have an issue since I said I would match tournament prizing donations, I'll stick to it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Boys, I believe we can get T2 to come cast if we can raise the money for it. Unfortunately, there was some miscommunication and we have T2 lined up but not the money. I'm thinking it will cost between $1,500 to $2K for have him come and cast the stream.

Uh, why is it so expensive?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll leave it to the popular opinion of people going to Beach LAN (McDick, Patch, Teapot, Hard Way, I think Oh 4? Perhaps some other people). If they would rather the money go towards T2, I'll happily put the money towards that. But if any of them have an issue since I said I would match tournament prizing donations, I'll stick to it.

I don't believe any of us would mind if you put it towards the prize pool or put it towards acquiring a caster since either way would help us a lot regardless. To be honest we have a decent amount to figure out over the next couple days. I'm not quite sure if we can raise that kind of money even with your generous donation.

Uh, why is it so expensive?

First off, thank you guys so much for helping us out on numerous fronts. I can't imagine having a thread on any other website that would get even hundreds of views or a handful of replies. We really appreciate the support as well as the awesome donation. I really can't see myself making it onto the mic but I can try to tell who ever is to give some props over to the site here. Ideally, I want to bring my laptop and update this thread with brackets and schedules and stuff so if thats the case than I would imagine we would be plugging it a lot. Not sure if I'm bringing it just yet.

Anyway, that number is pretty expensive to me. I guess that's all expenses paid trip for the week.. Airfare, Room, Appearance Fee, Massages, Continental breakfast, 7x Lobster dinners, and all day pass to McDick's own USGA certified 18 hole golf course?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks to all those people who have donated money to this year's event.  The only reason these Beach LANs work is because of all the help I get.  I think T2 would be a nice addition, but between the unprecedented turn out, neutral host on every station, a casting booth, and the weedmaps sponsorship, this LAN will be the best yet either way.  T2 is doable, it's just a question of whether you guys want it to happen.  If we don't reach the goal, I will return the T2 money to the donors.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thanks to all those people who have donated money to this year's event. The only reason these Beach LANs work is because of all the help I get. I think T2 would be a nice addition, but between the unprecedented turn out, neutral host on every station, a casting booth, and the weedmaps sponsorship, this LAN will be the best yet either way. T2 is doable, it's just a question of whether you guys want it to happen. If we don't reach the goal, I will return the T2 money to the donors.

If it were me personally, I wouldn't spend $2k for (1) guy to come out on a limited budget. Use that for the prize pool.

Isn't Puckett going? Ask Puckett to cast when he isn't playing, rotate people in and out of casting matches when they aren't playing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The cost does seem a bit high for T2 if we're talking $2000.

What about the money that was intended for Walshy to fly in?

Yeah idk. This kind of money is crazy. I wouldn't pay anyone, from our collective pockets, to cast. Not Marv Albert or Charkes Barkley. Now if a company is looking for a return on their investment by reaching so many people, sure. But is that what we are looking for? I'm confused as to why fans, who will already watch, would want to pay a specific person?

I'm clearly not grasping something

• Upvote (+1) 2

There isn't going to be any greater media presence spectating this tournament. Don't pay anyone shit to cast it. 

Yeah idk. This kind of money is crazy. I wouldn't pay anyone, from our collective pockets, to cast. Not Marv Albert or Charkes Barkley. Now if a company is looking for a return on their investment by reaching so many people, sure. But is that what we are looking for? I'm confused as to why fans, who will already watch, would want to pay a specific person?

I'm clearly not grasping something

Any extra draw for more viewers would be important and beneficial. I'm not the one to say if it's worth it or not or how many viewers he could bring in, but the chance is there to increase viewership. 2k for 10 extra viewers wouldnt be worth it, but 2k for 1000 viewers? Possibly.

People put in countless hours of free time into building the Halo 1 community, far more time than 2000 dollars is worth, IMO. Spending money isn't too much different than spending time, and no one ever questions it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any extra draw for more viewers would be important and beneficial. I'm not the one to say if it's worth it or not or how many viewers he could bring in, but the chance is there to increase viewership. 2k for 10 extra viewers wouldnt be worth it, but 2k for 1000 viewers? Possibly.

dont think t2 would be bringing in 1000 viewers. I would love to see walshy or puckett cast when they aren't playing