Sign in to follow this  
Beltway Bounce

Hypothetical Halo 5 Draft

Since a Halo draft was a hot topic in the HCS Pro League thread I figured I'd put together a mini draft to get an idea of what the player distribution would look like. To keep things simple we'll keep it to 6 teams/organizations drafting. Draft will be a four round snake format so the team that picks 1st in round one will pick last in round two (I'll randomly generate an order once we get five other guys willing to participate). Just to make things a little more realistic assume every player you draft is being signed to a two year contract so obviously if you think a player only has a year left at a top level his value will be decreased. First five guys to post will get the remaining five spots, but please don't take up a spot if you know you won't be able to post for a while. If it's your turn to pick just post your pick in the thread. I'll update this post with the order and picks once they're decided. Draft will start as soon as we fill up all the spots and the order is randomized. If you want in just post your team name. GLHF

Draft:

RD1

Zebra: Snakebite

Gio: Royal 2

Chad: Roy

NCrazy: Lethul

Belt: Spartan

Brute: Frosty

RD2

Brute: Commonly

Belt: Jimbo

NCrazy: Snipedown

Chad: Penguin

Gio: Suspector

Zebra: Bubu dubu

RD3

Zebra: Rayne

Gio: Contra

Chad: Unlegit

NCrazy: Heinz

Belt: Ninja

Brute: Ogre 2

RD4

Brute: Cratos

Belt: Ace

NCrazy: APG

Chad: Stellur

Gio: Naded

Zebra: Hysteria

Teams:

Zebra: Snakebite, Bubu dubu, Rayne, Hysteria

Gio: Royal 2, Suspector, Contra, Naded

Chad: Roy, Penguin, Unlegit, Stellur

NCrazy: Lethul, Snipedown, Heinz, APG

Belt: Spartan, Jimbo, Ninja, Ace

Brute: Frosty, Commonly, Ogre 2, Cratos

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think a player by player draft would be 1000x better than a team draft. Considering teams disband, and orgs leave and join the scene pretty consistently.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think a player by player draft would be 1000x better than a team draft. Considering teams disband, and orgs leave and join the scene pretty consistently.

Thats what this is. Everyone is picking 4 players to build a team

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thats what this is. Everyone is picking 4 players to build a team

Oh, ok. Was confused by the format of the first post.

Count me in for a team then.

are you in or not?

I'm in but I don't know what this is :p

Is it like a fantasy league type of thing?

If so yes 100% in lol

I'm in but I don't know what this is :P

Is it like a fantasy league type of thing?

If so yes 100% in lol

not a fantasy draft. pretend you're the owner of an org and all players are free agents and are a part of a draft. Put together the best team you can.

Alright guys the order has been randomized and is posted on the original post. @@Zebradamus you're up first. Pick your player and then second pick can pick theirs. I'll update the first post as we go. Feel free to explain your picks is you feel the need to. Don't forget you're signing these guys to 2 year contracts.

We should get Simms in here to cast these picks :simms:

This is only a test. But if a real draft were to happen. Would absolutely want to do it via stream.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm in it gives me something to do sounds kinda fun and will add extra hype to watching games. Just let me know what I need to do/my turn to pick.