Humpflung

Analyze my gameplay thread.

Would probably be a good option to post your GT and let the reviewer spectate. I know personally, I always like to use the 3rd-person cam/outlines for reviewing film.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would probably be a good option to post your GT and let the reviewer spectate. I know personally, I always like to use the 3rd-person cam/outlines for reviewing film.

Had to change my tag for the 1,000th time. 

Currently: CG HumpflungX

Boom. Now real quick this is not me at my best and this is also without a team. So obviously I play a lot different in these scenarios. lol If it were me at my best there would be nothing new to learn. I may post a "really good" gameplay as well because I am not perfect obviously. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XFpymY12BU

Now that I think about I do have this better play as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like this, always trying to improve but watching my own film doesn't seem to do that much for me.

I've never streamed or uploaded any gameplay before, what's the easiest way to get my gameplay from my xbox to YouTube so I can share it with you guys? Thanks!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like this, always trying to improve but watching my own film doesn't seem to do that much for me.

I've never streamed or uploaded any gameplay before, what's the easiest way to get my gameplay from my xbox to YouTube so I can share it with you guys? Thanks!

What I did is I stream the film through twitch on my xbox.

Make sure your twitch is set to archive your streams. Once you stream your film and stop your broadcast you should be able to find it for replay. You can highlight the part you want so you can cut the extra setup fat, then you will see the option to export it to your youtube once you finish highlighting the video. It's pretty simple. 

Boom. Now real quick this is not me at my best and this is also without a team. So obviously I play a lot different in these scenarios. lol If it were me at my best there would be nothing new to learn. I may post a "really good" gameplay as well because I am not perfect obviously. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XFpymY12BU

Decent gameplay #1, my thoughts:

00:00 Off of the start none of your teammates push camo with you. You see at least two enemy players going for it. At this point you only have two choices, which is either go straight for the camo burn or just immediately run for it while putting in as much cover in between as possible. You decide to just wait outside of camo which is honestly never going to work because they know exactly where you are and can just grab camo and get a free kill on you which is exactly what happens.

00:32 You threw a good nade at camo, and you still have one left, so I’m unsure why you just left him to regenerate his shields.

1:41 You make a good play by rushing their base immediately off spawn to have options on their flag. However if you hadn’t shot the guy not looking at you pushing their base you could have had an easier time getting out of the base, because you give up your position and then proceed to get double teamed.

2:17 Nice kill on the sword player. Had you done the jump to top mid with the sword out you would have made it though.

2:55 If you had naded the guy on p2 street before shooting him you could have easily secured the kill. Challenging him afterwards with a pistol that wasn’t completely reloaded was unfortunate, but you can almost always expect someone on p2 to have some kind of CQB weapon, so I would have at the very least pushed with my AR out.

3:14 Off spawn you push straight towards your teammates x and look top mid. It looks like you got a callout there was a one shot there, but again you waste your thrust going into the fight and die by the guy p2, if you had saved it you might have gotten away.

4:13 The moment the flag guy started hugging the wall you should have pulled your AR out, this way you could have left the fight with more shields.

4:30 You see a guy shooting from car 2, but stay out in the open between car and red, making yourself a very easy kill while looking at the flag that’s out. After you back down that’s exactly why the guy kills you from car 2.

4:54 This death wouldn’t have been a choke if you would have just pulled your AR out the moment he started hiding behind the shield.

5:40 This could  have probably been an easy backsmack because he was still shooting your teammates with his back to you while you started pistoling him, and you should also have pulled out your AR.

6:00 Really not all that sure what you are doing with the flag here. You had a guy on p-street so you could have just pulled it there and almost been done with the cap by the time you had the flag top middle.

6:30 If you are full shield with the flag and you see someone shooting that you could can assist, help them. Until 7:00 you just sit in your attic when you weren’t under any threat, and then you jump out to stare at the flag when there aren’t any targets to be shot and get caught off-guard by the sword. Had the sword not choked, he could have probably gotten the recovery.

7:25 You jump out at the guy on p-street by using your thrust before the battle again, and also don’t have an automatic, and then get cleaned up. Had you been the guy who killed you with the storm rifle, you could have probably walked away with 2 kills here.

8:15 Good awareness to stop challenging the guy on car door when you see the second guy start shooting you.

9:20 especially because you had help, you could have survived this if you had broken the sightline as quickly as possible instead of challenging by either going p3 or just dropping to p1. You really want to avoid these kinds of battles as much as possible because of how easy it is to just get death naded.

10:02 Again, this kill would have been so much simpler with just simply using an AR or even picking up the SMG under base.

10:17 You knew the guy on p2 was going to shoot you because he engaged the first battle, so you should have either kept waiting in the attic for him to challenge or gone somewhere else instead of giving him free damage.

10:30 Good job getting away, but you could have hugged the wall a bit closer to get around the corner quicker if you had timed the thrust slightly better.

10:33 You see all your teammates dead. At this point you should have immediately looked for cover. Had you slide thrusted into car 1 you may have lived here, or you could have run into your base challenging the guy there, cutting off the sightlines from top mid. Again, you thrust before the battle.

11:00 and onwards: This was honestly really weird. You had help and camo, so you really shouldn’t have been running the flag, but it somehow works out until you die car 1.

11:30 You picked up a storm rifle but didn’t use it.

Overall, I think the biggest things you can improve are using your automatics a lot more, not shooting everyone immediately as you see them, and always grabbing a rifle/automatic combo every time you leave the base. You should also try to avoid a thrust unless you have a good reason, and slide thrust instead of jump thrusting.

Hopefully some of this helped and didn’t sound too critical.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hopefully some of this helped and didn’t sound too critical.

Not. Too critical is what I need. I'm not an awful player. I just die too much and I needed to know what it is causing it lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

My review: OP is bad at H1/2/3/4 1v1s wut :P

Seriously though, I might use this if the first few reviews look useful. Props to anyone who takes the time to do so.

• Upvote (+1) 2

-snip-

I love how there are people out there that take the time to watch the video and give very detailed feedback - this is what can help people in my opinion!

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My review: OP is bad at H1/2/3/4 1v1s wut :P

Seriously though, I might use this if the first few reviews look useful. Props to anyone who takes the time to do so.

H1 I just suck massive cock at. That I will admit. The H1 pistol just dose not compute in this brain. 

H1 I just suck massive cock at. That I will admit. The H1 pistol just dose not compute in this brain. 

Can't be as bad as the partner I had today that went -3-32 on Beaver Creek.  (I somehow managed to pull out a 26-22). 

Can't be as bad as the partner I had today that went -3-32 on Beaver Creek.  (I somehow managed to pull out a 26-22). 

Team play I'm okay. 2v2 and 1v1's? Nah lmao

Team play I'm okay. 2v2 and 1v1's? Nah lmao

I miss the 4v4 playlist.  Too much of a gamble for 2v2 if you are running solo. 

I've been thinking about doing gameplay reviews again. I may tackle that second gameplay, Hump.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been thinking about doing gameplay reviews again. I may tackle that second gameplay, Hump.

I'm down for it. It's nearly a perfect game but I wanted one to mix things up. Obviously there is something to improve on even in that match. 

I'm down for it. It's nearly a perfect game but I wanted one to mix things up. Obviously there is something to improve on even in that match. 

Didn't realize it wasn't a 4v4 game when I posted that.  I don't like reviewing uneven games.  Shit that works in those games may not work in an even one.

I do want to get back into doing these again though.  I would prefer to use spectator mode, so I'm not restricted to a single POV.  If anyone is interested in me doing a commentary for youtube on your gameplay, I have 7 examples already.  Just click on the link in my sig if you want to see how I do them.  If you're interested, lets set up a time where I can spectate you for a few games and I'll put one up.

Didn't realize it wasn't a 4v4 game when I posted that.  I don't like reviewing uneven games.  Shit that works in those games may not work in an even one.

I do want to get back into doing these again though.  I would prefer to use spectator mode, so I'm not restricted to a single POV.  If anyone is interested in me doing a commentary for youtube on your gameplay, I have 7 examples already.  Just click on the link in my sig if you want to see how I do them.  If you're interested, lets set up a time where I can spectate you for a few games and I'll put one up.

Oh shit is it not an even game? lmaoooo I had no idea XD

For your first death going for camo I just want to said that you want to maybe go close to P2 stairs, or keep away all together and then just view the situation a little bit. If you stay at the stairs you can easily nade down on the camo, or you can kill the guy at top. If you stay back and nade the camo when someone is trying to take it you might not get it but you get a kill, and most likely will survive. 

It's going to be the same feel as going for the camo on the pit in Halo 3. You never want to rush for the camo there in the beginning of the map. You want to throw a couple of prenades and wait and see. If someone goes for the camo they are most likely going to die, and you survive. If you can't protect it, at least you won't die. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh shit is it not an even game? lmaoooo I had no idea XD

lol no worries.  yeah there was the idle guy who I think eventually quit.  i could just tell by how quiet the game was.  then i started paying a little closer attention to the kill feed.  pretty sure it was 4v3.