Cursed Lemon

New Lemon video rant: "Halo - seesaws and spitpolish"

Alright. But then what is the point of making these videos if you just want to preach to the choir?

I'd love to see you post this on r/halo minus the tone...you would actually convert a lot of people because you have great examples, word choice, and confidence. Seriously.

these videos/posts have been said/done hundreds of times over; over 10 years of this and what do we have to show for it?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

How I picture Cured Lemon...

Cured Lemon? I didn't know he was sick. Sick of bad Halo games, I guess. But how can he be cured, then?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cured Lemon? I didn't know he was sick. Sick of bad Halo games, I guess. But how can he be cured, then?  :kappa:

blah blah blah, fixed.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man I just realized, this video has nothing to do with seesaws OR spit polish, fucking unsubscribed you piece of shit hack fraud!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Solid and articulate rant but with every sequel as evidence...you're just pissing in the wind. And you're obviously intelligent enough to already know this so I don't get why you keep at it.

Just go lan H1 or play whatever sequel you like with cool people and don't worry about trying to convince dumb people to stop being dumb.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Solid and articulate rant but with every sequel as evidence...you're just pissing in the wind. And you're obviously intelligent enough to already know this so I don't get why you keep at it.

Just go lan H1 or play whatever sequel you like with cool people and don't worry about trying to convince dumb people to stop being dumb.

Teachers never give up on their students.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Teachers never give up on their students.

depends on the kind of student Id say.

Love the videos. I didn't know anything about them until multilockon and apk were talking about one of them. Went and checked it out and I thought, "This guy gets it." You should post your stuff in the Halo Discussion at Forgehub. I think you would get a fairly positive reaction. 

Back to not logging on and lurking.

Yeah winged grim would be one of those students Id say

all my teachers gave up on me... :,(

Love the videos. I didn't know anything about them until multilockon and apk were talking about one of them. Went and checked it out and I thought, "This guy gets it." You should post your stuff in the Halo Discussion at Forgehub. I think you would get a fairly positive reaction. 

Back to not logging on and lurking.

See you without your ForgeHub avatar... Feels threatening.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that was really really good...the part in middle where you were knocking off things we don't want...epic. The final words about halo at the end...heartbreaking

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't think a Halo dev has ever looked to improve upon the core issues with the gameplay. They don't think in those terms, rather they look for what they can change, what new gimmicks will stick, what are other shooters doing that Halo isn't, etc. So much of the amazing yet subtle design of the early games has been obliterated.

The animations on power-ups is the most disgustingly blatant "change for the sake of change" decision. No one who has ever player a classic arena shooter can think this change was a good idea. It seems minor, but the fact that it's such an unnecessary change, combined with its negative impact on the flow of gameplay, puts it up there as one of the worst changes made by a Halo dev imo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The animations on power-ups is the most disgustingly blatant "change for the sake of change" decision. No one who has ever player a classic arena shooter can think this change was a good idea. It seems minor, but the fact that it's such an unnecessary change, combined with its negative impact on the flow of gameplay, puts it up there as one of the worst changes made by a Halo dev imo.

As irritating as that might be, I think it's important to keep things in perspective and measure our protest. As a community offering feedback, we don't want to descend into a cacophony of pedantic demands when there's bigger issues at hand.

cha•os theo•ry

n. Pronunciation: /ˈkāˌäs/ /ˈTHirē/

1. The theory that the chain of causality is infinitely perturbed by even the smallest action. 

2. A guy who is smarter than you and I.

"you and me*", not "you and I"

:P

As irritating as that might be, I think it's important to keep things in perspective and measure our protest. As a community offering feedback, we don't want to descend into a cacophony of pedantic demands when there's bigger issues at hand.

I 100% agree, but I also don't want people to hold back on expressing their opinion on the parts of the game that matter to them. I prefer people to post their uncensored opinions on things. I think the honesty is worth the rough edges. That post you quoted is less a demand and more my unfiltered reaction to that decision.

If I were to have an actual back and forth with the person responsible for the changes I dislike, my tone would be much different, if only because I think that would be the most effective way to get them to understand my position. And I'd wager most people on this forum would do the same. 343 has to actually show up to the table with some perseverance before we get there though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As a community, this type of communication or "proper approach" you speak of has been going on for over a decade.  So when you see a video like Lemon's being made, or you see a rant here on the forums by someone - just stop and think before you throw out buzz words like, "demands, protest, feedback, bigger issues.." perhaps this person, has been here for the entire decline of Halo?

OR at least LIST the bigger issues, talk about them, provide examples.

blanket statements like these produce and add nothing. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

"you and me*", not "you and I"

:P

Actually, it's "you and I." You can extend the phrase to "smarter than you and I are smart."

#REQt :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 1