Cursed Lemon

New Lemon video rant: "Halo - seesaws and spitpolish"

I'd limit using the word "competitive" in any capacity in dealing with waypoint/reddit as much as you can, I'd also completely remove

that portion entirely and finally, while this won't make any fucking sense due to the topic at hand but I'm not sure how else to explain it - I'd try to limit using yourself (at least gameplay wise) as an example as much as possible because its only going to be met with the "adapt" response.

This is basically just advising Lemon to tiptoe around the average Redditor's trigger words. I understand the practicality of that advice, but honestly, fuck that.

• Upvote (+1) 6

pre·ten·tious
prəˈten(t)SHəs/
adjective

1. attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

Relativity is in the dictionary as well, and I'd love to see you try to describe that with any precision or rigor. And then use it in any useful way in the context of Halo.

You just invalidated your point. Cursed Lemon has never ATTEMPTED to impress anyone with these videos. He's too angry and frustrated for such a thing. He simply DOES impress people by happenstance. You're mistaking said happenstance for a correlation. Just because someone impresses others doesn't mean they're trying to.

So because the first half of that definition is thrown out the window, the rest of it doesn't matter anymore. My job here is done. :puckett:

• Upvote (+1) 4

No -- there really is a difference, sport. And re: the original comment, what exactly am I trying to appear right about? How exactly am I imposing my "intellectual superiority?" Lol. Get fucking real. I called out Lemon's shitpost video. That's it.

You can disagree with me all you want. But there is a clear, obvious difference between making a small comment in a thread and creating a thread with a video in it that claims authority on a subject.

Annnnnnnd, this is where I stopped reading....

• Upvote (+1) 5

There are plenty of people here who think halo 5 is "just fine" or "only needs a few tweaks."

Those are also the type of people who will never actually engage in a discussion about the game.

I think an unwillingness to take a meaningful, critical look at a game's gameplay is pretty much a prerequisite to fully enjoying h5 so that makes sense.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I lasted 3 mins.

I kept having to pause and google words because your large vocabulary was hurting my brain.

I quite enjoyed the video but then I don't much care for H5 (from a competitive stand point) so it was kind of geared towards me to begin with.

I think a big problem for fans of H1 is how many competitive players now like the team shooting approach that Halo has taken basically since H1. I personally do not prefer it and is one of the reasons I haven't  been quite as dedicated to playing Halo competitively since H1.

A lot of my friends who like team shooting style of Halo like it because team shot would imply teamwork. I don't dispute that having a good team shot takes team work. Of course it does. I just disagree that it is the only way to achieve it in Halo. I hate the idea of sacrificing an individuals ability to dominate on their own in order to achieve team work. Sluggish strafe,  slow kill times and a load of escape-ability mechanics do exactly that.

I have however accepted that if only one game in the series wasn't focused around team shot....we probably won't be seeing a Halo now that ditches that concept and moves to individual power.

No offense but I have no idea how anyone could want to sit through that. Not that you don't have points but they could've been made much quicker.

I love the long analytical videos.

Problem is, the idiots that need to hear this message are the some ADHD riddled morons that can't sit through a video that's longer than 3 minutes.

Watching how quickly people lose interest in a YouTube video using the analytical tools certainly says something about the upcoming generation... Anything that isn't instant gratification apparently isn't worth it.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Problem is, the idiots that need to hear this message are the some ADHD riddled morons that can't sit through a video that's longer than 3 minutes.

Watching how quickly people lose interest in a YouTube video using the analytical tools certainly says something about the upcoming generation... Anything that isn't instant gratification apparently isn't worth it.

There's a difference between instant gratification and taking five hours to get to the point. I liked the video but in some ways taking too long to get to a point hurts more than it helps.

as someone with adhd, can confirm I can only watch videos for so~squirrel!

as someone with adhd, can confirm I can only watch videos for so~squirrel!

Ironically I have ADHD and prefer longer videos. Although that could be because I use them as background noise whilst playing games. Achievement Hunter is the best for that.

Ironically I have ADHD and prefer longer videos. Although that could be because I use them as background noise whilst playing games. Achievement Hunter is the best for that.

I was making a joke, but I'm like you with my adhd, longer videos are great, that's why I binge on Netflix and watch AH stuff a lot.

I'd limit using the word "competitive" in any capacity in dealing with waypoint/reddit as much as you can, I'd also completely remove

that portion entirely and finally, while this won't make any fucking sense due to the topic at hand but I'm not sure how else to explain it - I'd try to limit using yourself (at least gameplay wise) as an example as much as possible because its only going to be met with the "adapt" response.

It's extremely difficult to phrase this issue without describing it in a personal context...and as far as them having an allergic reaction to the word "competitive", well that was the exact reason I was trying to do this experiment. If they came unhinged at that, then I was basically correct.

OF COURSE WE'LL NEVER KNOW NOW

• Upvote (+1) 4

I was making a joke, but I'm like you with my adhd, longer videos are great, that's why I binge on Netflix and watch AH stuff a lot.

I've learned that I just can't play games unless something is playing in the background. And people have to be talking so it can't be music. And I can't understand irony over text.

It's extremely difficult to phrase this issue without describing it in a personal context...

I realize this dude, which is why I said it wasn't going to make much sense due to the topic, especially since its difficult trying to talk about the issue at all.

and as far as them having an allergic reaction to the word "competitive", well that was the exact reason I was trying to do this experiment. If they came unhinged at that, then I was basically correct.

I didn't pick up on this then and I guess the whole reasoning of the post fly over my head.

OF COURSE WE'LL NEVER KNOW NOW

Someone else could post it, or unless you wanted to be the one for some reason?

Someone else could post it, or unless you wanted to be the one for some reason?

The post was meant to be a little test, but that doesn't mean the issue isn't legitimate and it could...theoretically...spark some more debate on the issue.

So if someone wants to go ahead and post it on my behalf, they can.

an unwillingness to take a meaningful, critical look at a game's gameplay is pretty much a prerequisite to fully enjoying h5

Amen to that!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The post was meant to be a little test, but that doesn't mean the issue isn't legitimate and it could...theoretically...spark some more debate on the issue.

So if someone wants to go ahead and post it on my behalf, they can.

I would if I actually knew what the post was.

Including Ogre 2 and a bunch of pros, but I understand that you guys are so OG that you transcend expert opinion

When you see two pros who disagree on something how do you decide what to think about it?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Oh wow. So it seems that it got removed. Congrats Lemon. Even when someone else posts it it gets removed.

It was your thread title. It was incendiary. A more diplomatic title might have gotten some traction.

It was your thread title. It was incendiary. A more diplomatic title might have gotten some traction.

Honestly it wouldn't have. Unless your title catches the eye you can say goodbye to comments.

Anyways why completely remove it? Be like "Hey man could you possibly change the title?" "Sure thing!"