Cursed Lemon

New Lemon video rant: "Halo - seesaws and spitpolish"

First of all, I'd certainly love to see whatever post got me banned, and secondly, so apparently it's acceptable practice to shadowban people on /r/Halo? 

Okay. 

Shadowbans are as frequent on reddit as AR's in the HWC tournament. Because reddit has such an easy barrier of entry that doesn't include a verification to post, it's very easy for people to bypass bans (it takes literally seconds), thus shadowbans were born. It's okay if you disagree with this, it's a touchy subject. You were banned a while ago, like a while ago. Because of reddit's system, there's no way I can get the specific post. But what I can assure you is that we don't ban people who criticize the game constructively.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

No, I'd rather you not get shadowbanned as well. 

Why would he? 

Shadowbans are as frequent on reddit as AR's in the HWC tournament. Because reddit has such an easy barrier of entry that doesn't include a verification to post, it's very easy for people to bypass bans (it takes literally seconds), thus shadowbans were born. It's okay if you disagree with this, it's a touchy subject. You were banned a while ago, like a while ago. Because of reddit's system, there's no way I can get the specific post. But what I can assure you is that we don't ban people who are criticize the game constructively.

Well what I can assure you is that I never went around saying "lol, AR-loving f*g" on /r/Halo, so I'm highly suspicious of the merit of this. 

Whatever, doesn't matter. 

Why would he?

I wasn't aware that a legitimate reason was needed. 

Why would he? 

I wasn't aware that a legitimate reason was needed. 

As long as there isn't vote manipulation (linking threads on here telling everyone to upvote), which is very against reddit rules (reddit.com rules, not our rules), then there won't be a problem with that. We welcome all opinions as long as they're constructive, we've always been like that, despite the general consensus that the /r/Halo community has at the time.

I sure feel like passing on messages directly from a banned user is probably as ban-worthy as whatever happened to me. 

But fine, whatever. Someone else can post it, though that kind of invalidates my little experiment. 

Because everyone here agrees with him.

There are plenty of people here who think halo 5 is "just fine" or "only needs a few tweaks."

What would make me happy is some critical, consequential thinking applied to the Halo series. 

Doesn't matter what form it takes. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

There are plenty of people here who think halo 5 is "just fine" or "only needs a few tweaks."

Including Ogre 2 and a bunch of pros, but I understand that you guys are so OG that you transcend expert opinion

• Downvote (-1) 6

Including Ogre 2 and a bunch of pros, but I understand that you guys are so OG that you transcend expert opinion

It doesn't matter how good you are at playing Halo; "radar improves the game" will never be a true statement. Similar to how "no bloom=no skill" will never be a true statement.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How does being good at the game give you an expert opinion? Does eating lots of food make you an expert food critic? Does being good at basketball mean you'll be a great coach? This thought process has always been completely false.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Does eating lots of food make you an expert food critic?

I like this analogy, but I think it would be more relevant if we were to say, 'does eating a lot of food make you an expert chef?'

That's kinda the exact thing we're saying- consuming a lot of the product does not automatically make you an expert manufacturer of said product.

Playing a ton of halo, and being good at it, does not automatically make you an expert in game design or settings choice.

In fact, statements like "no bloom=no skill" proves you're kind of clueless in that regard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

cha•os theo•ry

n. Pronunciation: /ˈkāˌäs/ /ˈTHirē/

1. The theory that the chain of causality is infinitely perturbed by even the smallest action. 

2. A guy who is smarter than you and I. 

I miss his epic posts here in the forums, it was good to see from time to time.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Do you have examples, whoever you are?

I'm not going through your history to cite examples of your shitty posts even though I probably wouldn't have to go past the first page. I mean just look at you go off in this thread alone.

The "whoever you are" is a nice touch, and definitely helps your cause lol. Would it even matter if I thought you were one of the worst posters? Who cares? I just thought it was funny to see you call someone else out on this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not sure where people are getting "pretentious" from :/

I can see how some might be turned off by the more aggressive tone but from what I've watched i'm not seeing pretentiousness

I enjoyed the video, but I believe that what people meant to say was condescending. But he certainly does that on purpose.

"And who are only there to get a free fuckin' REQ pack in the fuckin' first place!"

I lol'd so hard to that.

Overall good shit Lemon :halo: .

• Upvote (+1) 5

I love when one person assumes the person they're arguing with doesn't know something (with no evidence to support the claim), then calls he/she pretentious. Yes, because that makes a load of sense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love when one person assumes the person they're arguing with doesn't know something (with no evidence to support the claim), then calls he/she pretentious. Yes, because that makes a load of sense.

Totally separate things. And I'm not the one making a 20 minute video about it. Do you see the difference?

Totally separate things. And I'm not the one making a 20 minute video about it. Do you see the difference?

there isn't much of a difference dude, in denigrating the intelligence of others (for literally no reason) you're trying to make yourself seem like you're in the right by imposing you're supposed intellectual superiority on them. Pretentious is pretentious, be it a 3 line post or 17 minute video.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

there isn't much of a difference dude, in denigrating the intelligence of others (for literally no reason) you're trying to make yourself seem like you're in the right by imposing you're supposed intellectual superiority on them. Pretentious is pretentious, be it a 3 line post or 17 minute video.

No -- there really is a difference, sport. And re: the original comment, what exactly am I trying to appear right about? How exactly am I imposing my "intellectual superiority?" Lol. Get fucking real. I called out Lemon's shitpost video. That's it.

You can disagree with me all you want. But there is a clear, obvious difference between making a small comment in a thread and creating a thread with a video in it that claims authority on a subject.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No -- there really is a difference, sport. And re: the original comment, what exactly am I trying to appear right about? How exactly am I imposing my "intellectual superiority?" Lol. Get fucking real. I called out Lemon's shitpost video. That's it.

You can disagree with me all you want. But there is a clear, obvious difference between making a small comment in a thread and creating a thread with a video in it that claims authority on a subject.

oh I guess you're right, a post on the internet can't be pretentious at all /s.

Let's go back to your post:

"I sometimes forget this forum is populated by 18 year olds who still think that excessive flourish and hyperbole are effective methods of communication. And since it has been brought up nonstop, referencing "chaos theory" in a video about Halo (ignoring the fact you probably have no idea what chaos theory actually is) is basically the definition of pretentious".

this is both incredibly presumptuous and condescending for no reason, with the intent to denigrate lemons intellegance, in the process attempting to place yourself above him (and other forumers for whatever reason) intellectually. I'm not arguing lemons video didn't have unnecessary moments, but that doesn't change the fact that you're not acting all that different in principle.

Alright boys, it's time for a little test. 

I've made a post here about the lingering aiming problems. 

No venom, no accusatory tone, no entitlement, just a straight explanation of the problem and an insistence that something be done about it. 

Let's see what happens when I enter the lion's den with a white flag up. 

EDIT: Boy I'd sure love to know why my post isn't showing up under "new" in the sub.

@@EagleBurn

I'd limit using the word "competitive" in any capacity in dealing with waypoint/reddit as much as you can, I'd also completely remove

It's no secret that I don't particularly care for Halo 5 on the whole, I'm sure many of you have seen my pessimistic posts in the past about what I think is wrong with this game's philosophy. However, the most absolutely crucial issue that prevents me from enjoying Halo 5 - as well as many that I know and talk to

that portion entirely and finally, while this won't make any fucking sense due to the topic at hand but I'm not sure how else to explain it - I'd try to limit using yourself (at least gameplay wise) as an example as much as possible because its only going to be met with the "adapt" response.

• Upvote (+1) 2

and finally, while this won't make any fucking sense due to the topic at hand but I'm not sure how else to explain it - I'd try to limit using yourself (at least gameplay wise) as an example as much as possible because its only going to be met with the "adapt" response.

No this makes sense actually. If he uses himself as an example they will surely accuse him of being a dysfunctional player at the game, a player that cannot adapt like the rest.

It is very important to be as general as possible with your language when speaking with them.

This is an ad hominem. They will begin attacking him, instead of attacking his rhetoric.