Cursed Lemon

New Lemon video rant: "Halo - seesaws and spitpolish"

Could you please start doing these videos like, once a month?

This type of content is exactly what the Halo community needs- this is way more important than some montage/team scrim footage.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I got through 5 minutes and 1 usage of the phrase "chaos theory" before the rambling pretentiousness of this video made me fucking suicidal.

Jesus Christ. 17 Minutes of this? Really?

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 28

No offense but I have no idea how anyone could want to sit through that. Not that you don't have points but they could've been made much quicker.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Subscribed

Edit:  To add onto the scenario where you spoke on what maps made it hard to come back on you could add IMO Construct from H3.

I got through 5 minutes and 1 usage of the phrase "chaos theory" before the rambling pretentiousness of this video made me fucking suicidal.

Jesus Christ. 17 Minutes of this? Really?

No offense but I have no idea how anyone could want to sit through that. Not that you don't have points but they could've been made much quicker.

The bdobbins of Beyond....if that's something to be proud of

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I'm not sure where people are getting "pretentious" from :/

I can see how some might be turned off by the more aggressive tone but from what I've watched i'm not seeing pretentiousness

Agreed.  IDK why he called himself Rush Limbaugh either since he didn't sound like an out of right field dipshit about things.  Enjoyed the hockey reference and I don't even like hockey.

I'm not sure why some of you guys seem...surprised, at the tone of the video. 

Like...you know me. lol

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly, I find your videos to be pretentious and only targets low hanging fruit.

That was an accidental neg btw

I'm not sure why some of you guys seem...surprised, at the tone of the video. 

Like...you know me. lol

You gotta understand though that if you're trying to persuade people, an aggressive tone isn't gonna help much...and this is coming from someone who enjoyed the video
  • Upvote (+1) 3

The only problem I have with your videos is that you could say what you say in 17 minutes much, much faster. A lot of it seems like filler or you just repeating yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 3

He's a great writer and a great speaker. When it comes down to the actual content a lot of it is obviously done for comedic effect, which can easily turn people off from seeing the real message.

It's not a great way to persuade people on the other foot but its a great way to engage the people who are genuinely interested about what he has to say.

That was an accidental neg btw You gotta understand though that if you're trying to persuade people, an aggressive tone isn't gonna help much...and this is coming from someone who enjoyed the video

I do understand that. It's the reason I don't post these videos on /r/Halo or Waypoint.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I do understand that. It's the reason I don't post these videos on /r/Halo or Waypoint.

Alright. But then what is the point of making these videos if you just want to preach to the choir?

I'd love to see you post this on r/halo minus the tone...you would actually convert a lot of people because you have great examples, word choice, and confidence. Seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The video isn't pretentious. It's verging on pedantic, but it needs to be because of how hung up this community gets over the words "unbalanced" and the ever-forbidden "broken" that occasionally someone might have the gall to use when describing some less than desirable mechanic.