CyReN

NFL Thread

He shouldn't be suspended 2 games, allowed to use Ravens facilities, get support from his team, while other relatively pedestrian "crimes" get at least 4 weeks to a full year.

These are just the worst arguments. Hey, we fucked up in the past, so why can't we keep fucking up now!

They're just as bad as the obviously smoking weed is worse than hitting someone arguments.

WHAT Rice did is a PROBLEM. It is a problem that shouldn't be tolerated by anyone. It is a problem that wouldn't be tolerated by practically any other kind of work. It's a problem that the legal system gave him a year probation. It's a problem the NFL thought 2 games was the right suspension length for this kind of act. It's a problem that people want to say them being together means this isn't a big deal. It's about the miseducation of domestic violence and how poorly the decision makers in the NFL and legal system acted. 

So just stop. 

Why does it matter if its a woman or a man? An assault is an assault....I thought feminists wanted equality? 

He shouldn't be suspended 2 games, allowed to use Ravens facilities, get support from his team, while other relatively pedestrian "crimes" get at least 4 weeks to a full year.

If you punched your wife (And were not in any legal trouble, which Rice isn't), would it have ANY impact on your job? No.

Bill is literally the worst at making points and arguments

what a joke

If I was a Celebrity and public figure like Ray Rice and video of me punching my wife came out. Yes I would lose my job

Philly fans are as trashy as they come

If I was a Celebrity and public figure like Ray Rice and video of me punching my wife came out. Yes I would lose my job

Philly fans are as trashy as they come

Doubt it. You most likely wouldn't. This shit happens to celebs all the time. 

Please don't comment on my fandom. Has nothing to do with the city I'm from or who I root for. 

Why does it matter if its a woman or a man? An assault is an assault....I thought feminists wanted equality? 

Did I mention anything about it being a man or woman? That's all you got from that... that's sad. 

This is about domestic violence, the failure of the prosecutor and the NFL to recognize and punish it properly. The failure of people to realize the problem that it is and the psychology surrounding it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you punched your wife (And were not in any legal trouble, which Rice isn't), would it have ANY impact on your job? No.

Absolutely it would. If they found out that you beat women you would be fired on the spot. 

Domestic violence is no joke. It's probably the worst thing that can happen to a couple.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People calling for him out of the league are ignorant. You had Stallworth, Vick, etc do just as bad if not worse crimes. Obviously they should increase his suspension to the new minimum 6 or even 8 games

People calling for him out of the league are ignorant. You had Stallworth, Vick, etc do just as bad if not worse crimes. Obviously they should increase his suspension to the new minimum 6 or even 8 games

This is what I'm saying.

If he gets 4-5 more games (Which I expect to happen) thats cool with me. I'm not a Ravens fan, nor a Ray Rice fan. But I'm just calling out people for being hypocrites.

You're really fighting the good fight. 

Interested in how the Ravens and NFL respond to all of this. There needs to be some type of response. 

what about Irsay?

His punishment was bullshit too. 

Another complete failure by the NFL and prosecuting agency. 

Starting to sense a pattern, but it's alright because they messed up in the past, so they should keep messing up now!

Problem is Goodell just picks numbers out of a hat instead of having a clear policy on what crime gets what punishment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm putting all my money on him getting released. 

Lol @ ESPN having Ray Lewis tackle this new revelation on MNF.

It's sending a message that hitting a woman isn't a big deal. The comish of the NFL seems to be just drawing random suspension lengths out of the hat. Do Addy in a public venue?? 4 games. Maybe smoke pot? A full year. DUI? 6 games. Beat your wife? 2 games and full support by the team. It's a joke.

So how does a paparazzi website get that footage but not the player's employer that is a multi-billion dollar corporation that was doing a legal investigation?

It was reported that they saw it by multiple sources and now they are saying they didn't. 

TMZ requested it from what I know and they have to release that kind of information as public record. 

Hmm...Mathis "only" has an MCL sprain...hopefully the O-line can manage until Lane comes back in October, and maybe we'll get Mathis back in November.