CyReN

NFL Thread

Brady supplanted a lesser QB but BRO WHAT IF YOURE RIGHT?

Imagine Brock 2015

Well for all we know Peyton is the lesser QB and Brock will be the GOAT

Well for all we know Peyton is the lesser QB and Brock will be the GOAT

Peyton is a worse quarterback than Drew Bledsoe?

Drew Bledsoe was pretty gewd

Word. He was no Peyton, though. 

But I think Peyton is worse than Bledsoe was when Brady took over, so let's just pretend I never said anything in the first place.

No chance? They've got a cupcake schedule, a dominant defense and a quarterback playing at an MVP level. While I don't think it is likely that they run the table, I wouldn't say they have no chance.

Newton is so overhyped this season it's unbelievable. Prime example of a QB getting too much credit for team success.

He's playing well. But i'd put him at about #15 on the MVP list.

MVP LIST!

1. Brady

2. Palmer

3. Rivers

4. Dalton

5.Watt

6.Julio Jones

7.Deandre Hopkins

8.Rodgers

9.Antonio Brown

10.Gronk

11.Peterson

12.Wilson

13. Newton

14.Josh Norman

15.Chandler Jones

16.Doug Martin

17. Eli

18. Carr

• Downvote (-1) 3

lol come on bro Cam #13 like I get it he's got a low completion % but that's not how the MVP award works. Winning is all that matters, otherwise JJ Watt would have been MVP last year. 

I don't get why people hate on Carolina/Cam so much, I mean what did they do to make you dislike them? So what if he dances and has some fun, the guy can play. 

MVP LIST!

1. Brady

2. Palmer

3. Rivers

4. Dalton

5.Watt

6.Julio Jones

7.Deandre Hopkins

8.Rodgers

9.Antonio Brown

10.Gronk

11.Peterson

12.Wilson

13. Newton

14.Josh Norman

15.Chandler Jones

16.Doug Martin

17. Eli

18. Carr

replace cam with rivers and i think its a pretty solid list

MVP LIST!

1. Brady

2. Palmer

3. Rivers

4. Dalton

5.Watt

6.Julio Jones

7.Deandre Hopkins

8.Rodgers

9.Antonio Brown

10.Gronk

11.Peterson

12.Wilson

13. Newton

14.Josh Norman

15.Chandler Jones

16.Doug Martin

17. Eli

18. Carr

This is like the worst list I've ever seen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

replace cam with rivers and i think its a pretty solid list

Lol

Rivers is carrying what is probably the worst team in the league on his back and hes still dominating.

Cam plays on a stacked team. Ranks 20th in passing yards with a near 50% completion %. The panthers are winning despite newton most of the time due to his inaccuracy.

stacked team = a team going into the season with 4 OL that were UDFAs, no WRs or skill position players of note minus Greg Olsen, and a secondary with no one of note other than breakout-year Josh Norman.

Rivers dominating = 3 points vs the Chiefs

It's Brady, Cam and Palmer for MVP honors and no one else.

Palmer is gonna go to the Super Bowl instead of Cam. Gonna be a rematch of what would have been in 2008 had Brady not gotten hurt. 

stacked team = a team going into the season with 4 OL that were UDFAs, no WRs or skill position players of note minus Greg Olsen, and a secondary with no one of note other than breakout-year Josh Norman.

Rivers dominating = 3 points vs the Chiefs

It's Brady, Cam and Palmer for MVP honors and no one else.

What does what their roster looked like going into the season matter lol?

On offense they have a solid Oline and running game. Top 5 TE

Defense

Kuechly and Norman and All pro players(best players at their position in the league). Charles Johnson and Thomas Davis are pros bowlers. Shaq thompson is a break out rookie. This defense is great on all three levels. The only defense in the league that can rival the panther's is the Broncos'.

The only weakness on this team is at WR. Even then, that doesn't matter too much with this team because the offense isn't designed around WRs as their Qb is not a great passer. The only team with as much overall talent as the panthers are the broncos and cardinals.

Rivers is completing nearly 70% of his passes. Ranks 2nd in yards and has a Qb rating over 100 on a team that cannot run at all. Or pass block. Or get open. Or get anyone off the field on defense. Rivers is playing at an incredible level this year.

@@Cooper Just saying, the roster isn't stacked at all; playing above their talents. Dominant front 7 and that's essentially it. Cam balling out this year.

And yeah, Rivers is the MVP of empty calorie stats. Not his fault though since the Chargers defense is straight dumpster fire.

Rivers is a better quarterback than Cam; this is not up for discussion. But Cam is a top MVP candidate for the following reasons: his team is 11-0, his running ability, his success with a perceived lack of quality skill players, his performances in nationally televised games and the notoriety he has gained for his celebrations and whatnot.