CyReN

NFL Thread

Imagine the judge for the trial getting blowies from the Pats cheerleaders and free helicopter rides w/Brady

Imagine the judge for the trial getting blowies from the Pats cheerleaders and free helicopter rides w/Brady

Is it too late for me to go to law school?

I specifically didn't draft any patriots players to avoid having to talk about them when discussing my fantasy team... but you guys (mostly scalzo) keep bringing them up in a mostly negative way. I would much rather not talk about them, nothing has to be said. Everyone has their opinion, it's like discussing religion or politics. Totally pointless

Isn't the patriots fumble rate rediculously lower the rest of the league's fumble rate for like the past 5 seasons?

Tell that to Stevan Ridley.

Isn't the patriots fumble rate rediculously lower the rest of the league's fumble rate for like the past 5 seasons?

Yes, the Patriots* are frauds. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I specifically didn't draft any patriots players to avoid having to talk about them when discussing my fantasy team... but you guys (mostly scalzo) keep bringing them up in a mostly negative way. I would much rather not talk about them, nothing has to be said. Everyone has their opinion, it's like discussing religion or politics. Totally pointless

You can not talk about them. 

Let me ask you a question, as a fan of football (not the bears or any teams you may hate) do you not respect what you've seen the Patriots do the last 15 years? In terms of consistency and continuity. I literally don't get why people are always looking for reasons to discredit winning organizations. 

Sure, as a Red Sox fan I hate the Yankees, but they have 27 world championships. No matter what I think, do, or say... they have 27 world championships. Did Eli Manning play poorly for three quarters and have one short pass to a guy who got a huge gain after catch and then the ridiculous pass and catch to Tyree? Sure, but I still tipped my fucking cap and showed respect to the fucking champs. 

Nobody likes the Spurs, they are boring and stupid @@amo819 can attest to this, but we all still understand and respect them as champions. 

Maybe it's because I'm a Pats fan, so I've witnessed Roger Goodell first hand conduct a witch hunt with no evidence. Or because I'm in Florida and know lots of FSU fans, so I've also witnessed ESPN first hand run a smear campaign filled with libel and zero retractions ever issued. Or maybe it's because I'm not a sheep, because good God people you can't notice propaganda when it's right in front of you?

• Downvote (-1) 1

The Spurs are the furthest thing from boring and stupid, so please don't slander my name with that horrible opinion.

Also, 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Let me ask you a question, as a fan of football (not the bears or any teams you may hate) do you not respect what you've seen the Patriots do the last 15 years? In terms of consistency and continuity. I literally don't get why people are always looking for reasons to discredit winning organizations.

Sure, as a Red Sox fan I hate the Yankees, but they have 27 world championships. No matter what I think, do, or say... they have 27 world championships. Did Eli Manning play poorly for three quarters and have one short pass to a guy who got a huge gain after catch and then the ridiculous pass and catch to Tyree? Sure, but I still tipped my fucking cap and showed respect to the fucking champs.

Nobody likes the Spurs, they are boring and stupid @@amo819 can attest to this, but we all still understand and respect them as champions.

Maybe it's because I'm a Pats fan, so I've witnessed Roger Goodell first hand conduct a witch hunt with no evidence. Or because I'm in Florida and know lots of FSU fans, so I've also witnessed ESPN first hand run a smear campaign filled with libel and zero retractions ever issued. Or maybe it's because I'm not a sheep, because good God people you can't notice propaganda when it's right in front of you?

Because the teams they root for aren't as successful and they'll sink their teeth into any little thing to try and justify it to themselves.

It's like the St. Louis Cardinals this year with the whole hacking the Astros thing. It was embarrassing, sure, but in the grand scheme of things it's virtually meaningless. Yet every time a tweet pops up about the success the Cardinals are having this season the comments will be full of people bringing up the hack.

"There has to be a reason my team isn't as good as some other team. And it's not because other teams are more well coached or have better players or make more sound financial and personnel decisions. No, that's not it at all. It's because they're cheaters. Yeah, that's it."

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh thats right the Cardinals are another great example of a team who just always wins! lol

Pretty much, except when they lost to the fluky, fraudulent Red Sox in the World Series.

Pretty much, except when they lost to the fluky, fraudulent Red Sox in the World Series.

well technically "that" season they had the best record in beisbol, but yes on paper that team was average at best! Completely overachieved. 

well technically "that" season they had the best record in beisbol, but yes on paper that team was average at best! Completely overachieved.

Boston Strong conspiracy, playoffs were fixed. #BostonMarathonbombingreparationsgate

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not gonna lie, watching a team progress through a championship playoff run via winning multiple series is so much more entertaining than three or four games like in football. It's understandably the nature of the sport, but I feel like the NFL is the one sport where the best team doesn't ALWAYS win. Best team on any given Sunday does though and that is kinda what makes it so entertaining. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Because the teams they root for aren't as successful and they'll sink their teeth into any little thing to try and justify it to themselves.

It's like the St. Louis Cardinals this year with the whole hacking the Astros thing. It was embarrassing, sure, but in the grand scheme of things it's virtually meaningless. Yet every time a tweet pops up about the success the Cardinals are having this season the comments will be full of people bringing up the hack.

"There has to be a reason my team isn't as good as some other team. And it's not because other teams are more well coached or have better players or make more sound financial and personnel decisions. No, that's not it at all. It's because they're cheaters. Yeah, that's it."

Its not even that bj. Youre reaching. I honestly dont have a team. Unless you consider justice, freedom, integrity, dignity, and self respec.... oh wait none of those words would describe any element, component, or entity of the National Football League and its associates