CyReN

NFL Thread

Well, without too much effort you can discern that the Cowboys had far more big plays come from the running game than the passing game.

Uh, last I checked it was a hell of a lot easier to pass for 25 yards than run for 25 yards. An adjustment had to be made to even out that discrepancy. And just because a team has a relatively large number of big plays, a la the Jets, that doesn't necessarily mean they're going to win a lot of games.

Well when you categorize a big play as a run at over 10 yards, but a big play as a pass at over 25 yards, then it doesn't mean much.

Edit: this is stupid because it categorizes rushes for over 10 yards as a big play but a pass for over 25 as a big play. So essentially if we are using bare minimums it's 25x26 =650 yards vs 61x10 = 610 yards. So a pass for 15 is considered less than a run for 10 in this chart.

A chart where the Jets offense is ranked 7 isn't one that I would want to use.

Well, without too much effort you can discern that the Cowboys had far more big plays come from the running game than the passing game.

Uh, last I checked it was a hell of a lot easier to pass for 25 yards than run for 25 yards. An adjustment had to be made to even out that discrepancy. And just because a team has a relatively large number of big plays, a la the Jets, doesn't necessarily mean they're going to win a lot of games.

I mean it shouldn't be about how easy it is to get yards. If it's easier to get 25 yards throwing the ball than running, why should it matter when calculating how important a play is? So because it's harder to get 10 rushing yards than 10 throwing yards, the running play is automatically worth more? Last time I checked 10=10

I like how he wants to wait for the regular season, yet continues to say how not signing him was the right choice

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not re-signing DeMarco isn't the issue. Because, from a financial standpoint, it was probably the right call. But not getting anyone to replace him is where they may have screwed the pooch.

I mean I believe that our offensive line was the reason that the team was successful, and didn't want to overpay someone who broke out the year that our O-line was the best in the league, and has also never played a full 16 games. It would have been nice to have him back obviously, but if our RBs can give us 75-80% of the production, then it will all work out.

And you guys act like we have 4 Trent Williams.

The cowboys lawst top 2 rb in the league but fvk that fgt we dont kneed him we have josepg randle! Meet on the bon33333

The cowboys lawst top 2 rb in the league but fvk that fgt we dont kneed him we have josepg randle! Meet on the bon33333

gr8 poast, top tier. 

Cowboys are hard to predict this year really.

Whether or not you believe Murray was vital to success or it was all o-line, you have to think that not having Murray would have lost us several close games last season.

Both Giants games were really close, Texans ot, crazy comeback vs the rams, Seattle... Without Demarco this season, how will we fare in similar games? You would have to imagine worse. The question is whether or not the defense has improved enough to pick up the slack.

The answer? Tough to call. It really looks like the defense has taken that proverbial next step, with young DEs Gregory and DLaw looking exceptional thus far, and the addition of Hardy later in the season shoring up our biggest weakness last season- the pass rush. The DTs have also looked much improved, as have DBs with Pattmon looking excellent, Byron Jones learning fast and Corey white looking way better than sterling Moore last year. It sucks that we lost Scandrick, but for the first time in a long time, I'm actually comfortable with our DB situation. In addition, we have our leader and best player back on the field... How long he lasts is hard to say, but he played on a 70% torn acl for the entirety of his career and it's finally repaired and near 100%, so be could be better than he was before(and reports have indicated he looks faster and more agile than before).

So, predicting us is going to come down to whether you think the investment we made into the defense will make up for the loss of Murray and the drop off to our rbbc. We literally took the $ for a RB and put it in the defense, and I'm very much okay with that.

My personal prediction? Well, we play the afc east and NFC south so I think 6-2 there is reasonable(with my luck we prob lose to Miami and Tampa since I'm going to the games, RIP). In division? I'll say 4-2, splitting with both the eagles and Giants. That leaves the Seahawks and Packers, I think we beat the pack for revenge and lose to the Seahawks, 1-1.

That would put us at 11-5 and in position for the wild card and maybe even the division.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Another thing I'd like to add, Beasley and T-Will have looked like monsters this off season. This is their first camp with Romo, and the rapport they have built has been pretty impressive.

Last year, Romo missed T-Will when he was open quite a bit, opting to go to Dez or Witten who he fully trusted. This year, that may not be the case, and could also help fill the production gap between Murray and our rbbc

Demarco isn't a top 2 RB lmaooooooooooooooooo

Marshawn, AP, Shady, Charles are all better. Demarco had one great year. Before that I was the guy saying how Demarco was going to be a good player.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I honestly think that as a collective group of talent we are better this year. Yes, Demarco is better than our RBs. But I never believed that Demarco was the type of back that outplayed his line. It isn't a secret why last year he all of a sudden became a top 5 back in the league. Our running game will be worse but I think our passing game can be better. Our defense will be better because we have so much more talent. I don't think we will win as many close games as last year, and definitely don't think we will go 8-0 on the road.

Demarco isn't a top 2 RB lmaooooooooooooooooo

Marshawn, AP, Shady, Charles are all better. Demarco had one great year. Before that I was the guy saying how Demarco was going to be a good player.

Shady? huh? What? I...what...?

Shady? huh? What? I...what...?

I've always thought he was better. In 2013 when the Eagles O-line was as good as last years Cowboys O-line he put up better stats. And that's playing with a worse QB, worse recievers.

And the best part is he didn't fumble the fucking ball in key playoff games!!!!!!!!!!