CyReN

NFL Thread

packers got way to many weapons for them to to go unoticed there gonna do great things

They're gonna lose Week 1, sorry but that's how I feel.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They're gonna lose Week 1, sorry but that's how I feel.

Their running game is still super weak, which is going to hurt them. Even with the acquisition of Eddie Lacy, they still don't have very good depth at the running back position which I think is their downfall currently. When they won the championship in 2010, their running game wasn't phenomenal but it did enough to get the passing game very good looks. Now is the lack of a running game crippling to the Packer's game like it is to the Lions? Hellllll no. They have depth in a lot of other area's that help balance it out. I still expect them to overall have a good season.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Their running game is still super weak, which is going to hurt them. Even with the acquisition of Eddie Lacy, they still don't have very good depth at the running back position which I think is their downfall currently. When they won the championship in 2010, their running game wasn't phenomenal but it did enough to get the passing game very good looks. Now is the lack of a running game crippling to the Packer's game like it is to the Lions? Hellllll no. They have depth in a lot of other area's that help balance it out. I still expect them to overall have a good season.

I'm saying the Packers are gonna lose cause the Niners are my team lol. But totally they need Eddie Lacy or Cedric Benson or both to step up in a big way to take pressure off of Rodgers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm saying the Packers are gonna lose cause the Niners are my team lol. But totally they need Eddie Lacy or Cedric Benson or both to step up in a big way to take pressure off of Rodgers.

I was agreeing with you, just stating why I agree :-P

• Upvote (+1) 1

Matt Stafford definitely deserves more credit than he gets. I'd compare him to Brees. Can't do much when your offensive line sucks, but he still threw for what close to another 5k yards?

Falcons look like the team to beat this year.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Matt Stafford definitely deserves more credit than he gets. I'd compare him to Brees. Can't do much when your offensive line sucks, but he still threw for what close to another 5k yards?

5038 yards in 2011, 4967 in 2012. He does deserve more credit and as a Lions fan I'm trying to say that without sounding biased. I think as far as QB's go in the league, he's just below what we consider the Elite in the league. He seems to consistently improve, and barring he can continue to stay healthy *knocks on wood* he should post another phenomenal season. Now I just hope the additions to the team we made and getting back Burleson and Broyles he'll be able to make some more plays. However a lot of that relies on the play calling of Scott Linehan, which I'm somewhat iffy about.

Falcon's always perform but moving to the other side and looking at the AFC, I have my eyes on the Bengal's to make some big noise. 

My biggest question for this off season is Ed Reed on the Texans? He's only 34, which is about 128 in football years, so I'm curious if the change of scenery affects positively or negatively.

5038 yards in 2011, 4967 in 2012. He does deserve more credit and as a Lions fan I'm trying to say that without sounding biased. I think as far as QB's go in the league, he's just below what we consider the Elite in the league. He seems to consistently improve, and barring he can continue to stay healthy *knocks on wood* he should post another phenomenal season. Now I just hope the additions to the team we made and getting back Burleson and Broyles he'll be able to make some more plays. However a lot of that relies on the play calling of Scott Linehan, which I'm somewhat iffy about.

Falcon's always perform but moving to the other side and looking at the AFC, I have my eyes on the Bengal's to make some big noise. 

My biggest question for this off season is Ed Reed on the Texans? He's only 34, which is about 128 in football years, so I'm curious if the change of scenery affects positively or negatively.

Damn near half those yards were to Megatron himself, damn that guy is a beast. The Falcons do well during the regular season and then choke in the playoffs, they were the #1 NFC seed going in only to get handled. The Bengals are gonna make a hostile takeover of their division and are gonna be a force in the AFC for years to come with that young Offense. I'm glad Ed Reed left the Ravens, I couldn't stand that team but I liked him. The change of scenery should be good for him.

I'm sorry but Stafford's numbers are so inflated.  4-12 record, usually down 2+ touchdowns thanks to the injury-plagued secondary last season so they're constantly throwing it. Also, he really needs to improve the short to intermediate throws; not that solid when it comes to checkdowns.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sorry but Stafford's numbers are so inflated.  4-12 record, usually down 2+ touchdowns thanks to the injury-plagued secondary last season so they're constantly throwing it. Also, he really needs to improve the short to intermediate throws; not that solid when it comes to checkdowns.

And an injury plagued receiving core where your two other slot receivers were out for the year and your TE dropped a ball whenever he heard footsteps. He made the best of the situation he was given. Which was passing to his single offensive weapon, Calvin Johnson. Were his 2012 numbers inflated? Sure, one could argue that. The same cannot be said for 2011 however; where he had 60 more yards, 60 less drop backs, and 20 more TD passes and 1 less INT thrown.

• Upvote (+1) 1

who did he have to check down to last year? nobody, we didn't have a RB that could catch the ball, Jahvid Best didn't play and he was the only receiving back we had on the roster, wait till you see him this season with Reggie Bush in the backfield, gonna be amazing to watch...

we had a 4-12 record because of injuries and we were never down by 2 touchdowns

Week Date Kickoff Opponent Results Game site TV NFL.com

recap Final score Team record 1 September 9 1:00 PM St. Louis Rams W 27–23 1–0 Ford Field Fox Recap 2 September 16 8:20 PM at San Francisco 49ers L 19–27 1–1 Candlestick Park NBC # Recap 3 September 23 1:00 PM at Tennessee Titans L 41–44 (OT) 1–2 LP Field Fox Recap 4 September 30 1:00 PM Minnesota Vikings L 13–20 1–3 Ford Field Fox Recap 5 Bye 6 October 14 1:00 PM at Philadelphia Eagles W 26–23 (OT) 2–3 Lincoln Financial Field Fox Recap 7 October 22 8:30 PM at Chicago Bears L 7–13 2–4 Soldier Field ESPN # † Recap 8 October 28 1:00 PM Seattle Seahawks W 28–24 3–4 Ford Field Fox Recap 9 November 4 1:00 PM at Jacksonville Jaguars W 31–14 4–4 EverBank Field Fox Recap 10 November 11 1:00 PM at Minnesota Vikings L 24–34 4–5 Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome Fox Recap 11 November 18 1:00 PM Green Bay Packers L 20–24 4–6 Ford Field Fox Recap 12 November 22 12:30 PM Houston Texans L 31–34 (OT) 4–7 Ford Field CBS # Recap 13 December 2 1:00 PM Indianapolis Colts L 33–35 4–8 Ford Field CBS Recap 14 December 9 8:20 PM at Green Bay Packers L 20–27 4–9 Lambeau Field NBC # Recap 15 December 16 4:05 PM at Arizona Cardinals L 10–38 4–10 University of Phoenix Stadium Fox Recap 16 December 22 8:30 PM Atlanta Falcons L 18–31 4–11 Ford Field ESPN # † Recap 17 December 30 1:00 PM Chicago Bears L 24–26 4–12 Ford Field Fox Recap

only game we got destroyed was week 15 and 16 because we had 1 receiver and no defensive backfield

• Upvote (+1) 1

who did he have to check down to last year? nobody, we didn't have a RB that could catch the ball, Jahvid Best didn't play and he was the only receiving back we had on the roster, wait till you see him this season with Reggie Bush in the backfield, gonna be amazing to watch...

we had a 4-12 record because of injuries and we were never down by 2 touchdowns

Week Date Kickoff Opponent Results Game site TV NFL.com

recap Final score Team record 1 September 9 1:00 PM St. Louis Rams W 27–23 1–0 Ford Field Fox Recap 2 September 16 8:20 PM at San Francisco 49ers L 19–27 1–1 Candlestick Park NBC # Recap 3 September 23 1:00 PM at Tennessee Titans L 41–44 (OT) 1–2 LP Field Fox Recap 4 September 30 1:00 PM Minnesota Vikings L 13–20 1–3 Ford Field Fox Recap 5 Bye 6 October 14 1:00 PM at Philadelphia Eagles W 26–23 (OT) 2–3 Lincoln Financial Field Fox Recap 7 October 22 8:30 PM at Chicago Bears L 7–13 2–4 Soldier Field ESPN # † Recap 8 October 28 1:00 PM Seattle Seahawks W 28–24 3–4 Ford Field Fox Recap 9 November 4 1:00 PM at Jacksonville Jaguars W 31–14 4–4 EverBank Field Fox Recap 10 November 11 1:00 PM at Minnesota Vikings L 24–34 4–5 Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome Fox Recap 11 November 18 1:00 PM Green Bay Packers L 20–24 4–6 Ford Field Fox Recap 12 November 22 12:30 PM Houston Texans L 31–34 (OT) 4–7 Ford Field CBS # Recap 13 December 2 1:00 PM Indianapolis Colts L 33–35 4–8 Ford Field CBS Recap 14 December 9 8:20 PM at Green Bay Packers L 20–27 4–9 Lambeau Field NBC # Recap 15 December 16 4:05 PM at Arizona Cardinals L 10–38 4–10 University of Phoenix Stadium Fox Recap 16 December 22 8:30 PM Atlanta Falcons L 18–31 4–11 Ford Field ESPN # † Recap 17 December 30 1:00 PM Chicago Bears L 24–26 4–12 Ford Field Fox Recap

only game we got destroyed was week 15 and 16 because we had 1 receiver and no defensive backfield

pretty sure it was more than injuries that lead to you only winning 4 games...

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

pretty sure it was more than injuries that lead to you only winning 4 games...

and what do you think that was?

Nah it was injuries that plagued the Lions last year, their secondary and receiving corp was in shambles last season. This season is gonna be intense because every team in the NFC North got much better this year.

Titus-Young-Calendar.jpg

What's his deal? His dream came true and he's playing in the NFL. Chill out brah.

Nah it was injuries that plagued the Lions last year, their secondary and receiving corp was in shambles last season. This season is gonna be intense because every team in the NFC North got much better this year.

What's his deal? His dream came true and he's playing in the NFL. Chill out brah.

He has some real mental issues going on, hope it isn't football related by concussions or something.

He has some real mental issues going on, hope it isn't football related by concussions or something.

It's something, why would you battle people who are trying to help you? He doesn't make sense.

He had issues extending back to and before college. Simply a problem child I think.

I just wanted to remind everyone in here that the Redskins are the team to beat in the NFC. 

We have the greatest QB in NFL history. 

Oh, you thought I was talking about RG3? He's good, but has nothing on this guy. 

124723125_crop_650x440.jpg?1315864682

• Upvote (+1) 1

Easily the worst post ever made, my god. Do you know anything?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

There is just so much wrong with this post. Brees' footwork is basically god while Stafford's is inconsistent (throws off his backvfoot way too much), which is why he's very shaky when it comes to the checkdowns and intermediate throws. Brees arguably had a worse o-line than Stafford last season, and even though he pressed more than usual, he still put the ball anywhere he wanted to. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

There is just so much wrong with this post. Brees' footwork is basically god while Stafford's is inconsistent (throws off his backvfoot way too much), which is why he's very shaky when it comes to the checkdowns and intermediate throws. Brees arguably had a worse o-line than Stafford last season, and even though he pressed more than usual, he still put the ball anywhere he wanted to. 

Stafford is how old again? Stafford has a cannon arm, I'd take him over Brees anyday. Tom Brady to go to the Superbowl again, maybe against the Falcons/Packers. Seahawks to prove they were a fluke, I hate their defense.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Stafford has a cannon arm, I'd take him over Brees anyday. 

tumblr_m6c5kkqORI1rpnowt.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1