CyReN

NFL Thread

US Patent Office cancelled the Redskins trademark. Where are the skins fans at? We need to start brainstorming for a new team name.

I am offended that people are all of the sudden so offended by the name

maybe we should change to the "Washington Redskins, no offense" which coincidentally would also describe our team last season

They should change the name to the Washington SeeRedskins

RIP VIP

I am offended that people are all of the sudden so offended by the name

maybe we should change to the "Washington Redskins, no offense" which coincidentally would also describe our team last season

I have been offended by Washington's team name for a long time now. please do not act like you speak for anyone, and particularly for my people.

If some species of bears, and bears lovers themselves thought that Da Bears was offensive, then I would gladly change our name to something else. But lets be honest that's not going to happen soon

The Redskins however are the most rascist organization ive ever heard of, and for them to be allowed to exist in this day and age truly baffles me. If people want it changed, then fucking change it and move on.

Redskins is racist, fact.

and you are a bigot for supporting them, fact

you lost get over it

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

funny how the patent office didn't think it was offensive when they granted them the trademark

again, I have yet to find one person who uses the term Redskins in an offensive manner

also, the fact that during the discussion of all this, people still say "Redskins" constantly proves how unoffensive it actually is, if you were really offended by it you wouldn't be saying it

but idk why I'm trying to make a serious point here, this isn't really the medium for that

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I would think that genocide is worse than the existence of the "negro" league, but what do I know

@@Echo I don't know anyone who uses the N word, other than gporter. The thing is no one uses the term redskin or red anymore because 1) we killed most of them 2) we are beyond racial slurs, for the most part

The FACT is, it offends people, and you don't give a fuck

but your entire organization and fans use it proudly.

282903_10151431699959574_1423154707_n.jp

but idk why I'm trying to make a serious point here, this isn't really the medium for that

That was a serious point? lol

you are clearly just a homer who lacks perspective on this situation.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

^case and point

funny how you didn't use the term "Redskins" in that post after I told you not to

Just like how most everyone is just claiming it to be offensive cause they heard others were offended, not because they actually feel that way

Everything will offend someone, regardless of intent, and the group that is claiming to be offended by the name is a small group, but since it is about racism it has gained media popularity and others have jumped on the bandwagon because they don't want to be seem as being offensive in any way to others. Maybe you should do some research on both sides of the argument before making a decision. There are more Native Americans who are actually fine with the name than those opposed, but that's not a juicy story

http://thinkprogress.org/sports/2014/06/18/3450333/in-landmark-decision-us-patent-office-cancels-trademark-for-redskins-football-team/

"US Patent Office Cancels Trademark!!!"

Looks like one of your "points", is no longer a point lol

how do you expect me to take this level of stupidity, and *redacted* seriously?

thank you for linking the origin of this discussion here, glad you have caught up, now actually read what I said before posting instead of thinking you are clever by saying "*redacted*" every time you post.

^case and point

funny how you didn't use the term "Redskins" in that post after I told you not to

Just like how most everyone is just claiming it to be offensive cause they heard others were offended, not because they actually feel that way

Everything will offend someone, regardless of intent, and the group that is claiming to be offended by the name is a small group, but since it is about racism it has gained media popularity and others have jumped on the bandwagon because they don't want to be seem as being offensive in any way to others. Maybe you should do some research on both sides of the argument before making a decision. There are more Native Americans who are actually fine with the name than those opposed, but that's not a juicy story

Too much of this post is based on assumptions

The group is small for a reason, genocide. If they are offended, it does matter to me. but its apparent that you don't value the views of minorities, specifically native americans. Which is really sad and just goes to prove my point

I also did use the word Redskins, and you are missing the point. its not about the word as much as it is  what it stands for and what it represents. and the fact that your organization and fans don't give a fuck.. when in reality its just a team name, get over it

thank you for linking the origin of this discussion here, glad you have caught up, now actually read what I said before posting instead of thinking you are clever by saying "*redacted*" every time you post.

I have been caught up to speed, but you haven't.

In your previous post you made the point that they granted the patent, well they just reversed it, so I figured you forgot

wanted to bring everyone up to speed (including you) in case they missed it, youre welcome

I will keep calling you a racist *redacted* until you stop acting like one

and again, you didn't actually read my post, cool

anyways, the only name I would be fine with changing to is the Washington Americans

and again, you didn't actually read my post, cool

anyways, the only name I would be fine with changing to is the Washington Americans

I would be ok with that.

but you already have the Nationals, so maybe something more creative?

I also did use the word Redskins, and you are missing the point. its not about the word as much as it is  what it stands for and what it represents. and the fact that your organization and fans don't give a fuck.. when in reality its just a team name, get over it

I love it when people prove my point for me

It stands for a football team. It represents a football team,  which is why it isn't offensive. You saying it on an internet forum is just as racist as them using it as a team name for the past 80 years.

I love it when people prove my point for me

It stands for a football team. It represents a football team,  which is why it isn't offensive. You saying it on an internet forum is just as racist as them using it as a team name for the past 80 years.

Theres a big difference between me talking about your teams racist origins, and your teams racist origins, that's like saying people who talk about slavery are slave owners or are proponents of slavery... also most of my posts are incredibly racist according to modern standards

horrible logic but look at you getting all excited :), thatsss cuute

Claiming offense to a word, then repeatedly using it is absolute hypocrisy. I mean I know you aren't actually offended and just like trolling, but you lose whatever credibility you have when you do that

you are trying to hard, but ill humor you. look at the context of it. I can use it in my argument, I have to

I would use the N word if I was writing about the N word, wouldn't I?

edit: although I guess I could refer to them as Washington! ty