CyReN

NFL Thread

How about the 50th Super Bowl being at the new Niners stadium!?

It's 5 minutes from my house! 

Let's just say someone's going to be sleeping in my bed for a week so I can make some extra cash...

I've been to two Super Bowls in New Orleans and if you're thinking about going to this one, you better be at your computer the second they are available. Only 1/3 (if that) are available to the public. They rest are given to high profile companies to give out to their top employees and investors. You can get them from other sites when people are selling them but the markup is at least 50%. Buying Super Bowl tickets is serious business.

Great experience though. Always arrive as early as possible to enjoy the events they hold. At least in New Orleans they do that, don't know about other cities.

I've been to two Super Bowls in New Orleans and if you're thinking about going to this one, you better be at your computer the second they are available. Only 1/3 (if that) are available to the public. They rest are given to high profile companies to give out to their top employees and investors. You can get them from other sites when people are selling them but the markup is at least 50%. Buying Super Bowl tickets is serious business.

Great experience though. Always arrive as early as possible to enjoy the events they hold. At least in New Orleans they do that, don't know about other cities.

There is NO WAY my family is wealthy enough to get tickets. My parents are planning on renting out my house for the week to people that are going for extra money.

My family will either be watching from my grandparents house or watching from a restaurant. I was just stating that the super bowl is going to be about 5 minutes away at the new niners stadium.

It's crazy how fast they're building it!

Vikings fan checking in...

Any success we hope to have pretty much depends on Christian Ponder actually looking like an NFL quarterback.

SUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Lions fan here. I can't wait to see what comes of the free agency moves they made.

Is it football season yet? I am bored on Sundays.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Curious as to weather the colts will regress or make more progress this year. We havent really been in the spotlight at all this offseason, most of it has been on RGIII, or the Broncos with welker, or the new amazing nfc west ( all those teams should be very good this year, rams with the improved line hopefully will challenge for the top i think, and if arizona figures out there QB situation...). I feel a lot of people felt we got lucky last year or rode the chuckstrong emotion train, which i can see, but i think we will surprise again this year. Go Colts!

I doubt they regress but I'm not sure they move forward either, a big part of why they did so well was because Bruce Arians is a very good QB coach and damn good Offensive Coordinator. Chuck is a defensive minded coach so unless the Colts brought in a good OC then their Defense has to step up big time to start winning games.

Vikings fan checking in...

Any success we hope to have pretty much depends on Christian Ponder actually looking like an NFL quarterback.

Ponder will improve, with every D-Coordinator scared to death of AP it makes that a lot easier. On top of that the Vikings went huge in the Draft this year, bringing in Jennings and drafting Patterson will give Ponder a couple more prime targets for him to air it out. Xavier Rhodes in the secondary is gonna make the weakest part of the Vikings D so much better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

megatron.png

Absolute monster, the best WR in the NFL hands down, a Keeper on my Fantasy team, it's not possible to stop this guy. Now that the Lions have some more offensive toys to play with Megatron is gonna conquer the NFL world.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lions just need Suh, Fairley and the rest of the d-line to play up to the level they're capable of, would help their secondary tremendously. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Losing Cliff Avril was a big hit to that D-Line but they should be able to stay strong and get after it.

Cliff Avril made the best out of a good situation, I'm not saying Avril wasn't good but you're going to look more like a stud when your two internal linemen (Suh, Fairley) are taking on 4-5 people on their own from the offensive line, it's going to inevitably leave someone open to make a play.

I doubt they regress but I'm not sure they move forward either, a big part of why they did so well was because Bruce Arians is a very good QB coach and damn good Offensive Coordinator. Chuck is a defensive minded coach so unless the Colts brought in a good OC then their Defense has to step up big time to start winning games.

They brought in pep hamilton i believe his name is, he was the OC of stanford. So i say they got a pretty good guy!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cliff Avril made the best out of a good situation, I'm not saying Avril wasn't good but you're going to look more like a stud when your two internal linemen (Suh, Fairley) are taking on 4-5 people on their own from the offensive line, it's going to inevitably leave someone open to make a play.

Yeah teaming with Suh and Fairley would be idle for any D-Lineman, he made his presence known from time to time.

They brought in pep hamilton i believe his name is, he was the OC of stanford. So i say they got a pretty good guy!

Andrew Luck's old coach huh? That's gonna help them tremendously.

Andrew Luck's old coach huh? That's gonna help them tremendously.

I'm hoping so!

• Upvote (+1) 1