CyReN

NFL Thread

lol at the patriots wearing white

dude it's actually important...

11 of the last 12 super bowl winners wore white, lone exception being Super Bowl 45 Green Bay wore green...

NE wore white in 2004, 2014, and 1997... blue in 2001, 2003, 2007, and 2011... and get this, they wore red in 1986, and you know how that ended up! lol

Another very interesting stat: Patriots haven't trailed in their last 7+ games... similar to 2003, took lead late in week 12 and didn't trail again until the super bowl... a super bowl that was ALSO played in Houston, against an NFC South team...

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you must know, they alternate between NFC and AFC on who is the home team. Away team always wears white, NE was away two years ago, Denver home last year, now AFC goes back to away... so you can take whatever theory you may have had and throw it out the window. 

Is it just me or did the NFL become extremely boring the past few years?

I think it's just you.

What is it that made the NFL so interesting a few years ago that it doesn't do now? 

These playoffs have been brutal (unless you're a Pats or Falcons fan) because of all the one sided games... but I've said it for years that home field advantage in the NFL playoffs is the biggest advantage there is in pro sports! You want to know why I love the NFL? because the season is so short and the regular season matters (unlike the NBA, NHL, and MLB for the most part) Not saying winning in regular season isn't important in those leagues either but only to an extent. NFL has much fewer games and once you get into playoffs having a bye and home field advantage leading up to the Super Bowl is very critical. Just look at the way the Patriots have fared in the past without it. Not great (Brady 3-4 playoff road record) 

I will say this though, the last GREAT game I watched in the NFL was the Super Bowl two years ago with Seahawks and Patriots, probably one of the most bizarre fourth quarters/endings you'll ever see. Great game between two great teams, Patriots finally had the football gods on their side! lol 

So yea to your defense, it's been hard for the NFL to top that game since (they haven't) but maybe this game with Atlanta won't be one sided and you'll enjoy yourself.

Also, good luck to my Falcons fans in here! Y'all are awesome, such a great season! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sportsceneter sucks now like holy shit. I remember when I was wee little boy I used to love Sportscenter. Shit was dope with great segments. Now I feel like I'm watching CNN covering sports. They even do commercial breaks in the middle of the top 10 now. Is that legal? The only part worth watching is C'mon Man but I feel like modern Sportsceenter should always be #1 on that list.

Sportsceneter sucks now like holy shit. I remember when I was wee little boy I used to love Sportscenter. Shit was dope with great segments. Now I feel like I'm watching Fox News covering sports. They even do commercial breaks in the middle of the top 10 now. Is that legal? The only part worth watching is C'mon Man but I feel like modern Sportsceenter should always be #1 on that list.

completely agree, it's almost entirely unwatchable now

• Upvote (+1) 1

That was absolutely incredible.

Greatest comeback in NFL history and first overtime in Super Bowl history. And the greatest sports comeback I've ever witnessed. Maybe the same for you?

I didn't think that was going to happen.

I've always disliked the Patriots but to deny Tom Brady as the best QB in history is insane at this point. What a fucking game btw. What a fucking game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was in tears most of the night 

- Geoff Porter

I am crying right now 

- Mark Mountain

I eat my own poop

- Jbee 

• Upvote (+1) 6

definitely cheated but tom brady still had to throw the ball and the catches still had to be made

if you aren't cheating in this life you aren't passionate enough about what you are doing

gg to the goat

• Downvote (-1) 1

definitely cheated but tom brady still had to throw the ball and the catches still had to be made

if you aren't cheating in this life you aren't passionate enough about what you are doing

ggs to the goat

Cheated? What?