CyReN

NFL Thread

This severely hurts the Saints chance to make it in the playoffs. It's not over yet, the playoffs aren't for another week so a lot can change until then.

GzSZKr.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude I can't wait for Brady to win MVP so everyone can get upset lol

Sorry Matt Ryan maybe you shouldn't lose 5 games

Sorry Aaron Rodgers lol 4-6 record before playing the cupcake table...

Brady is god the sooner you all accept this the sooner we can stop talking about it.

They have accepted it gporter they just don't wanna give you or Mark the satisfaction of admitting it

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wildcard Weekend picks:

Oakland @ Houston -3.5

Detroit @ Seattle -8.0

Miami @ Pittsburgh -10.0

New York @ Green Bay -4.5

I'll take the points in every game except Houston... 

I think Seattle and Pittsburgh still win but the game is close enough to cover the point spread, I think NYG/GB game could go either way too so I'll just take the points. 

Houston and Oakland honestly I'm just taking the home team to win by more than a field goal in that one. 

edit: post your picks guys, doesn't have to feature the spread either, I just like to because it makes things more interesting to me.

I can't believe the NFL is giving the league MVP award to Matt Ryan, and not the greatest quarterback to ever play, Thomas Edward Patrick Brady! Also, that Aaron Rodgers guy is pretty good too...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ryan had staggering numbers I'll give him that... but in the five losses he threw INTs late in three of them, and had a pick six in a 1 point loss... also did you see the KC/ATL game? That was literally 100% on Matt Ryan, he lost them that game. That right there is why I scratch my head when you have a guy like Brady setting NFL record for TD/INT ratio and Rodgers telling the media to relax because we are running the table and then he does, while playing out of his mind... I just don't agree with it going to matty ice, but hey we'll just have to settle for super bowl MVP instead I guess

• Upvote (+1) 3

Carr deserves it 100 %. He was insane this year and the team looks like shit without him.

Brady had just as many touchdowns and do people just forget the patriots got shut out this year without Brady?? Only time in the Belichick era that has ever happened... but they went 3-1(should be 2-2 if Catanzaro nails a 38 yard field goal) so people just write off the 12 games of true dominance by Brady... 8-0 without gronk too, and undefeated road record! NFL already leaked that Ryan won though... nothing to see here, move right along!

All good that award is cursed anyways, Kurt Warner 1999 last time the MVP won the super bowl in same season... yikes!!! Rip Atlanta

2016 was a GREAT year for me! Mainly because I don’t base how good my year was on outside circumstances. Sports, Politics, and celebrity deaths shouldn’t write the book on YOUR year. With that said, I was able to accomplish so many things in 2016, and I couldn’t have done it without you,  all of you… friends, family, co-workers! You’re ALL awesome! God bless you all and have a Happy New Year! 

• Upvote (+1) 6

2016 was a GREAT year for me! Mainly because I don’t base how good my year was on outside circumstances. Sports, Politics, and celebrity deaths shouldn’t write the book on YOUR year. With that said, I was able to accomplish so many things in 2016, and I couldn’t have done it without you, all of you… friends, family, co-workers! You’re ALL awesome! God bless you all and have a Happy New Year!

Taylor Kendrick likes this.

Thanks for blocking Denver and Baltimore from the playoff field, at least.

Former Carolina Panthers and Baltimore Ravens WR Steve Smith Sr. joined ESPN’s First Take to break down the AFC playoff picture. As is tradition, the discussion revolved around “what team can beat the New England Patriots?” Smith shed some light on who might offer the best competition in the AFC, and why the Patriots are so good at disrupting opposing offenses.

“And I think when you’re playing the New England Patriots, you have to be patient. They do a very good job of making teams impatient, a la the Baltimore Ravens. When we become very impatient, you start to do things that are uncharacteristic and when you do that, you make mistakes and then all of sudden you find yourself down 14 points in the beginning of the second quarter, very quickly. I remember that game where we didn’t even have the ball, you know they had the ball for 10 minutes straight. So they do a very good job of dinking-and-dunk.

“You know, Tom Brady is doing a great job without [Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski], without some of the big name guys he’s had in the past, but that makes his legacy even bigger. Because no matter who you put out there, he makes those guys better. He’s very methodical, he can carve you up, just like you said about [Packers QB] Aaron Rodgers, but I think he’s a step above Aaron Rodgers... several steps.”

Imagine that, NFL players showing respect and providing insight to the Patriots and Thomas. I don't hear Smith talking about video cameras and PSI levels in footballs either, shocking. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

ESPN showing ultimate disrespect to the Dolphins, you can't say they didn't earn a spot in playoffs because they did, those are facts.

They did, believe me. You can't win 9 of 10 games in the NFL just by luck.

To be fair to the Ravens, they definitely were better than the Dolphins. They just happened to not win as many games.