CyReN

NFL Thread

The Chargers airing this bullshit in front of the general public for sympathy is pathetic.  If the Chargers didn't start out with that joke of an initial offer on which they stewed over for 2 weeks I doubt they would be in this situation.  They started at like 57% up front WITH offset language. Ramsey the 5th pick got 83% up front and no offset language.  They should have traded the pick and moved down to their perennial 7-9 range where they belong.  People that side with the organization in these matters are beyond me.  Lets side with the owners pocket book!   

The Chargers airing this bullshit in front of the general public for sympathy is pathetic.  If the Chargers didn't start out with that joke of an initial offer on which they stewed over for 2 weeks I doubt they would be in this situation.  They started at like 42.5% up front WITH offset language. Ramsey the 5th pick got 83% up front and no offset language.  They should have traded the pick and moved down to their perennial 7-9 range where they belong.  People that side with the organization in these matters are beyond me.  Lets side with the owners pocket book!   

100% agree. 

People just love siding with the media and the organizations. Pretty stupid if you ask me, everyone should know that the players get shafted at every opportunity in the NFL. 

And then you get the counter argument of they're making millions to play a game, they should shut up and play. That's not necessarily my viewpoint, just throwing it out there.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Would have worked out for me if Lacy wasn't horrible.

That's some great logic

Bill you gotta take the L on that one.  AB won me 2 leagues.

And then you get the counter argument of they're making millions to play a game, they should shut up and play. That's not necessarily my viewpoint, just throwing it out there.

That's not a counter argument.

It's just shit logic. 

Take a bad deal!

Do it!

For the organization!

We really need the help and the little bit of extra cash it will cost us!

Fans always being on the organizations side is infuriating. 

Untitled_2.png

Is it just a bad deal because if he busts and gets cut and signed by another team he doesn't get to double dip?

Go ahead and dump on me some more for taking the team's side. I don't really like how they're going after him through the media, but I do like having this specific information of what they're offering. And I still can't wrap my brain around why he refuses to sign.

Those points are misleading though, especially the last 2.  Goff is taking less this year for tax purposes plus he has no offset in his contract, so it would make sense that the only other person drafted above him would be getting more than he is.  The last point is essentially moot because the Chargers have never drafted anyone as high as 3rd since the inception of the CBA.  And the first point is a little confusing, but essentially all it is saying that the first installment of the percentage is going to be the highest, but they aren't really paying him more over the first calendar year.

What I think is happening is that the original lowball offer from the Chargers was insulting for a 3rd overall pick and it soured Bosa's camp.  Plus unlike say 80% of the guys that come into the NFL, Bosa comes from a well off family and can afford to stick it to the Chargers.  I'm not sure he is going to budge at all.

The largest payment part of the third bullet point is misleading, but a percentage is a percentage. 29 of the 31 first round picks who have signed have offset language in their contracts. Goff and Ramsey are the only ones who don't. Wentz and Zeke both do, with Bosa sandwiched in between.

It'd be interesting to see him take this all the way. Be a martyr for no offset and bonus structure. I think it's dumb, but it's his call.

I couldn't care less about Joey Bosa or the Chargers, I'm at the absolute floor of my caring ability

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thats such a bs call on Talib. Keenum was in bounds still...... that dumb fuck should have slid or ran out of bounds