CyReN

NFL Thread

awful news, that's unbelievable

On a lighter note, anyone hear that Manziel is living with Von Miller, and they're both trying to get the Broncos to sign him lol

Im digging the Clady trade. Dump cap money and pick up a 5th. Not bad. Elway does good in the 5th round. Malik and DannyT were 5th rounders.

Dont get why the Jets didnt keep Ferguson. Way more relaible than Clady

Im digging the Clady trade. Dump cap money and pick up a 5th. Not bad. Elway does good in the 5th round. Malik and DannyT were 5th rounders.

Dont get why the Jets didnt keep Ferguson. Way more relaible than Clady

Ferguson retired.

Ferguson retired.

Yes but I read on, PFT I think, he would have stayed at his full salary.

Yeah, retiring a few days after they ask him to take a paycut makes his position pretty clear

Yes but I read on, PFT I think, he would have stayed at his full salary.

True, but I still wouldn't say the Jets didn't want to keep him. Just didn't want to pay him like an elite tackle.

they just found out he is actually living with josh gordon now.  :dank:

awful news, that's unbelievable

On a lighter note, anyone hear that Manziel is living with Von Miller, and they're both trying to get the Broncos to sign him lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

they just found out he is actually living with josh gordon now.  :dank:

lmao thats worse for him

Gordon should get reinstated soon though, imo

Edit: lol, bad timing

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lmao bruh how do you fail a piss test for pot?!?! Just drink water or a cleanser if you're really that worried...

It was a diluted test, so he probably was drinking a ton of fluids to flush his system. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

idk but in a strangely perfect world he will sign with the Patriots the day he gets cut and all of his off the field issues will magically disappear

another first round bust for the Pats, bye Dominique Easley

He's a genius at finding the late round talent, but jeez Belichick really doesnt pick them well in the first round

DUDE WHAT are you serious????

p1eSbB1.png

Explain how that is considered not picking well?

and Easley was a legend at Florida, injuries really slowed his progression in the NFL, but he played well when healthy in New England. You can't blame Bill for cutting ties.

Dont'a Hightower truly was the unsung hero in that Super Bowl win... go back and look at the room beast mode had on first and goal (when Seattle ran the ball) and tell me that tackle wasn't one of the most clutch tackles you've ever seen... He was phenomenal last year too, probably the best linebacker on the pats roster IMO. Malcolm Brown is gonna be a stud too...

• Upvote (+1) 1

definitely not talking about Dont'a when I say that, future All pro. obviously there's exceptions, lots of good picks in there. verdicts still out on m. brown, but 08-12 was a nice stretch for sure

said that out of frustration in the moment more than anything, but I'll stand by the idea that his hit/miss rate in the first few rounds isn't what it could be, especially on offense. this isn't to say he's not good at evaluating talent, but we've had more than our fair share of 1st/2nd rd busts

also, the impression Im getting is that it was more off the field stuff for Easley (not rehabbing the way he should, not good in the locker room, etc)

So to get RG3 the Redskins had to trade 3 firsts and a 2nd.

To get Wentz + a 4th + 6th round picks ... it costs 2 first, 2 second, and 2 3rd?

It feels like the Rams are paying slightly more than the Redskins did for RG3 (The difference is a 1st rounder vs a 2nd but upgrading a 4th and 6th rounders to 2 3rd round picks) Id rather have 2,3,3 than a low 1 and 4,6. The drop in talent from late 1 to 2 usually isn't nearly as steep as it is from 3 to 6. Is Wentz a better prospect than RG3 was?

I hope the QB they pick is good imagine a bust QB in LA

who cares they have Gurley, just hand the ball off every time and draft BPA (Laremy Tunsil).

If the Rams and Browns both take a quarterback the Chargers can go BPA and get Tunsil, Ramsey or Bosa. Or Buckner. Or Jack. With that many options even the Chargers can't fuck it up. Probably.

• Upvote (+1) 1