CyReN

NFL Thread

Oh Philly fans thought their signing was good???

What a way to grade a signing

Most knowledgeable and passionate NFL fans in the nation. 

Philly was also excited when people picked them to win the super bowl after they won some preseason games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"We beat the Packers without Aaron Rodgers but I honestly think this 35 point victory is a sign of things to come!!!!!!"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Forte, Bilal Powell, Khiry Robinson... now if only the Jets had a QB

i'll trade you sanchez for a bucket of footballs 

Wouldnt the broncos be better than last season by a long shot if they signed fitzpatrick? Can they not afford him or something

I mean in Philly the response was overwhelming positive. We needed a Corner REALLY bad, Chip went out and spent money on the best one available at the time. He didn't live up to the hype, that doesn't mean it was a bad move at the time. Too many fans are monday morning QBs. 

So because the Texans just spent money on the best QB available it means it's not a bad move?

That is some dumbass logic you got built there. 

Also the best corner available last year was Revis. So you're wrong again. 

I laughed at the Byron Maxwell signing.  Anyone who thought that was a good move was just buying into the idea that Chip actually knew what he was doing.  Its almost like some Eagles fans are still trying to save face for a coach that is already out the door. 

I laughed at the Byron Maxwell signing.  Anyone who thought that was a good move was just buying into the idea that Chip actually knew what he was doing.  Its almost like some Eagles fans are still trying to save face for a coach that is already out the door. 

GO BIRDS CAACAWW CA CAWWW

uh why are jets going full eagles and signing 3 rbs?

should have just kept ivory

So because the Texans just spent money on the best QB available it means it's not a bad move?

That is some dumbass logic you got built there. 

Also the best corner available last year was Revis. So you're wrong again. 

Yawn, everyone knew Revis was going back to NY. He wasn't even considering anywhere else. 

As for the Texans, no its not a bad move. Would I have done it? Probably not when I could have gotten RG3 cheaper or Kaep for a 3rd, but its not a bad move. They locked up a young QB. 

Literally everyone here hates on Chip. No ones trying to save face for him, hes been getting beat up in the media for the past month.

i'll trade you sanchez for a bucket of footballs 

I'll take Sanchez for a 2nd round pick. Meaning the Eagles would have to give the Jets a 2nd round pick to take him off your hands. 

Seems like Denver is getting closer to signing Kaep. That would give leverage back to the Jets negotiating w/ Fitz. At that point, I can't see anyone else offering Fitz big $ that also have a good offense for him to work w/. 

Yawn, everyone knew Revis was going back to NY. He wasn't even considering anywhere else.

As for the Texans, no its not a bad move. Would I have done it? Probably not when I could have gotten RG3 cheaper or Kaep for a 3rd, but its not a bad move. They locked up a young QB.

Brock was a modest comparison. At least he's had games where he was he number 1 at his position and not held up by three other players.

Where as Maxwell never showed he could be a number 1 outside of Seattle.

Literally everyone here hates on Chip. No ones trying to save face for him, hes been getting beat up in the media for the past month.

You are literally in here trying to defend some of his moves lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wouldnt the broncos be better than last season by a long shot if they signed fitzpatrick? Can they not afford him or something

Doesnt really fit Kubiaks offense. I dont think he wants to change his offense again this year.

No quarterback can have success in that offense unless Denver can generate a competent running game.

uh why are jets going full eagles and signing 3 rbs?

should have just kept ivory

Ivory got 5 years $32 mil. (average $6.5)

Forte got 3 years $12 mil. (average $4)

Although Ivory only has $10 mil guaranteed. Forte got $8. The risk is that the Jets are on the hook w/ Forte for at least 2 seasons.

forte is still going to be really good but i think ivory is a much better runner at this point, plus if you combine the salary of khiry Robinson it is even closer

You are literally in here trying to defend some of his moves lol

I meant "here" as Philadelphia. 

But yes, I'm defending some of his moves. Only because any other GM would have made the same moves in his situation. They didn't work out and thats fine most moves GM's make, don't. 

No quarterback can have success in that offense unless Denver can generate a competent running game.

Agreed. Just gotta be frustrating as hell for DT and Sanders. They're one of the top WR duo's in the NFL and stuck with shitty QBs and no run game. 

Manziel to Jets, Broncos, Niners, or Cowboys.

Which one guys?

Manziel to Jets, Broncos, Niners, or Cowboys.

Which one guys?

no way he lands in NY, i'd say 9ers cause they suck or cowboys

Manziel is trash I don't understand why people talk about him