CyReN

NFL Thread

you think theyll go undefeated?

rest of the way? maybe... couple tough games between Texans (playing well on defense) and Jets (always play Pats close) but they should pretty much take care of the rest assuming people get healthy, I believe Hightower and Amendola both practiced today. 

The key is that week 16 match up between Cinci and Denver, winner of that has a shot at the one seed, pats are pretty much guaranteed a 2 seed at this point, probably the one though assuming they take care of business. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It'll be interesting to see how things pan out if Peyton decides to stay another season while Osweiler is showing his guns.

It'll be interesting to see how things pan out if Peyton decides to stay another season while Osweiler is showing his guns.

No way the broncos keep hom around next year.

Hel either retire or go to a team like the texans.

I used to be a Camelot hater but Id vote for him right now for MVP. Palmer and Brady have a much better team and coaching staff compared to Cam. Hes doing more with less.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How is Tom Brady going to the hit on Gronk wasnt dirty but then say you shouldnt be able to go low on defenseless recievers?!?

Imagine not being able to hit receivers high or low.

That day will come. You can only make football so safe before it becomes flag football

Yea I personally don't agree with Brady here, these players know what they signed up for when they put the pads on.

Make throws in between the hashes illegal, and then make it so defenders can only push players out of bounds. Problem solved.

Imagine not being able to hit receivers high or low.

i'm all for penis tackles

Make throws in between the hashes illegal, and then make it so defenders can only push players out of bounds. Problem solved.

This is a too vague statement for football. What if a defender has to run full speed to get close to the carrier? He can't slow down of he might not catch him. At that speed with their weight and muscle, holding back a push or a tackle isn't an option. It's either run full speed to catch up and hit him hard, or don't run full speed and the carrier might get away.

Now if they're running side-by-side and the carrier is a yard away from the sideline and the defender still pushes him 5 yards past the sideline, then yes, that should be a penalty, but football is a very situational sport and if the carrier is running full speed, the defenders are going to do the same and when they clash, it's going to be a hard hit, despite how close they are to the sideline.

There is already a rule set in place for unsportsmanlike tackles near the sideline and the refs make a judgement call, but it's near impossible to describe the rule in one sentence or even ten since there are dozens of situational tackles in the sport.

• Upvote (+1) 1

you do realize he was joking, right?

With all the stupid opinions in this thread, it's hard to keep up with what's sarcastic or not. Maybe I should just go back to subtle jabs at Patriots fans every now and then since they're the most sensitive bunch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

JJ Watt has to win a division before he can be in any of that discussion.