CyReN

NFL Thread

Yeah, the talent is still average on offense though; OL playing above their talent. Probably helps when Cam extends plays too. Jonathan Stewart is great when healthy, but always has nagging injuries. Mike Tolbert isn't exactly a great RB maybe outside of the redzone/goal-line.

Olsen is a top5 TE in a league that doesn't have many great TEs, but yeah that's it.

Your arguments are wack.

How does a top 4 oline, top 3 TE and a great backfield equate to average talent lol?

Are you actually reading what you are writing?

How does a top 4 oline, top 3 TE and a great backfield equate to average talent lol?

Are you actually reading what you are writing?

It's called having a great coaching staff. 

The best coaches get the best out of middling talent. Michael Oher was horrible on the Ravens and Titans, their guards not named Trai Turner and right tackle were journeyman UDFAs/practice squad-types before settling in with Carolina. Only stud of note is Ryan Kalil.

Funny thing is they were ready to fire that entire coaching staff less than two years ago.

speaking of coaching, @@-AK do you think McCarthy will take back play calling for Green Bay? 

It's called having a great coaching staff.

The best coaches get the best out of middling talent. Michael Oher was horrible on the Ravens and Titans, their guards not named Trai Turner were journeyman UDFAs/practice squad-types before settling in with Carolina.

Honestly as far as this conversation goes it doesn't matter whether its coaching, raw skill, chemistry or a mix of all 3 causing these players to play well. All that matter is that they are playing well and giving cam newton very strong support.

Newton has a team around him that is playing at a VERY high level.

Yeah, I would say Cam is a huge reason why that offense is playing so well despite the lack of talent. That bravado.

Cam just wins dudes. He won a freakin national championship in college with a coach that got fired less than two seasons later, as well as Heisman, and then was #1 overall pick, and now he's 11-0. The guy just flat out wins. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol

says the only guy on earth who has Rivers ranked at 3 for MVP.

lost any kind of credibility right there

i think we can all agree rivers has good stats but that team sucks ass and it matters when it comes to the MVP award 

every* player who has won the mvp in the last 20 years has been on a team that has won 10+ games

*barry sanders bby

It's the same way in the NBA, wins trump everything else in the MVP vote. 

Cam just wins dudes. He won a freakin national championship in college with a coach that got fired less than two seasons later, as well as Heisman, and then was #1 overall pick, and now he's 11-0. The guy just flat out wins.

If you ignore every other nfl season hes played, ya.

I bet Cooper is offended by Cams dabbing

His what?

I like cam newton. Hes a very exciting player. He just has no business being in the MVP discussion.

Funny thing is they were ready to fire that entire coaching staff less than two years ago.

speaking of coaching, @@-AK do you think McCarthy will take back play calling for Green Bay? 

It is definitely being talked about.  There are some fundamental issues with the offense right now though and a lot of it has to do with the pass catchers.  There isn't enough attention being commanded outside by James Jones and Davante Adams and I believe that is really hurting Cobb.  A player of his caliber should not be struggling to the level that he is though.  Outside of Cobb we have no presence in the middle of the field.  The separation just doesn't seem to be there this year.  Is that a scheme issue?  Maybe idk.  We definitely aren't helping ourselves out either, we had 3 huge drops on the 3rd downs last week that would have been drive extending plays.  Whenever you come within 1 drive of winning the game and you left 3 potential drives on the field, that is a problem.  Brady is making it look so easy with most of his guys hurt and it is making me question everything I know about Aaron Rodgers and I hate it.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

i think we can all agree rivers has good stats but that team sucks ass and it matters when it comes to the MVP award 

every* player who has won the mvp in the last 20 years has been on a team that has won 10+ games

*barry sanders bby

Rivers is an inconsistent stat whore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rivers is an inconsistent stat whore.

"I'm going to beat your ass"

Rivers is out of control on the field sometimes

It is definitely being talked about. There are some fundamental issues with the offense right now though and a lot of it has to do with the pass catchers. There isn't enough attention being commanded outside by James Jones and Davante Adams and I believe that is really hurting Cobb. A player of his caliber should not be struggling to the level that he is though. Outside of Cobb we have no presence in the middle of the field. The separation just doesn't seem to be there this year. Is that a scheme issue? Maybe idk. We definitely aren't helping ourselves out either, we had 3 huge drops on the 3rd downs last week that would have been drive extending plays. Whenever you come within 1 drive of winning the game and you left 3 potential drives on the field, that is a problem. Brady is making it look so easy with most of his guys hurt and it is making me question everything I know about Aaron Rodgers and I hate it.

I dont know why you are. In his last 3 games brady has a 56% completion percentage. He has 3 picks in his last 4 games with 8 tds. Rodgers has a 51 with 2 picks and 9 tds

Schedule softens up quite a bit now though for Patsies.

you think theyll go undefeated?