CyReN

NFL Thread

I appreciate all the optimism in this thread so far.

GO BROWNS!

I can't even be optimistic about my team :(

• Upvote (+1) 3

No one can argue with the Browns fan base's loyalty though... I understand. My city hasn't had a major sports championship since the 70's by a team that moved to OKC now... (Fuck the thunder)

Go Seahawks!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Am I the only Bills fan here? Because of course I am...

But this is the year! 

GO BROWNS!

I can't even be optimistic about my team :(

Defensive minded Head Coach with one of the best Offensive Coordinator's ever, Trent Richardson is my Keeper is Fantasy Football for a reason, this year is gonna be awesome for them, I see Wild Card potential.

No one can argue with the Browns fan base's loyalty though... I understand. My city hasn't had a major sports championship since the 70's by a team that moved to OKC now... (**** the thunder)

Go Seahawks!

The Hawks are loaded, it would take the world's dumbest asshat of a coach to screw that up, this is coming from a Niners fan.

Am I the only Bills fan here? Because of course I am...

But this is the year! 

Brand new Head Coach teamed with EJ Manuel, Fred Jackson, Stevie Johnson, and CJ Spiller. The Patriots are finally starting to get some competition on the AFC East. The Bills are the Dark Horse of that division.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Defensive minded Head Coach with one of the best Offensive Coordinator's ever, Trent Richardson is my Keeper is Fantasy Football for a reason, this year is gonna be awesome for them, I see Wild Card potential.

I agree. It just wouldn't fair for me to hold them up to Wildcard expectations this year, especially after last year. 7-9 or 8-8 would be a good year overall in my eyes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree. It just wouldn't fair for me to hold them up to Wildcard expectations this year, especially after last year. 7-9 or 8-8 would be a good year overall in my eyes. 

Oh yeah, any progress is good progress but it looks to me like the Ravens and Steelers are nose diving and fast, the emergence of the Browns and Bengals as the division powerhouses is right around the corner.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh yeah, any progress is good progress but it looks to me like the Ravens and Steelers are nose diving and fast, the emergence of the Browns and Bengals as the division powerhouses is right around the corner.

Yeah, the Ravens and Steelers are starting to show their age. The Bengals, on the other hand, are incredible. Almost every draft pick they made in the last 3 years has been a home run. It's crazy how good they are for being so young.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, the Ravens and Steelers are starting to show their age. The Bengals, on the other hand, are incredible. Almost every draft pick they made in the last 3 years has been a home run. It's crazy how good they are for being so young.

Exactly and the Browns are right behind them, they just need a good Offensive Coach to bring out their potential and Norv Turner is one of the best at it. The Browns are damn near the youngest team in the NFL.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Exactly and the Browns are right behind them, they just need a good Offensive Coach to bring out their potential and Norv Turner is one of the best at it. The Browns are damn near the youngest team in the NFL.

I would love to see the AFC North flipped upside down like that. Should be a great year for football  :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Hawks are loaded, it would take the world's dumbest asshat of a coach to screw that up, this is coming from a Niners fan.

Naww I ain't mad about us now ha. The years before this were painful... Great drafting by Pete Carrol set us up and than Percy Harvin will make our run game and Rice much more effective.

NFC Worst into top 2 best division in football. Should be a crazy year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Naww I ain't mad about us now ha. The years before this were painful... Great drafting by Pete Carrol set us up and than Percy Harvin will make our run game and Rice much more effective.

NFC Worst into top 2 best division in football. Should be a crazy year.

Exactly, I can't wait for Week 2, it's gonna be brutal and should set the standard for Football all season.

Curious as to weather the colts will regress or make more progress this year. We havent really been in the spotlight at all this offseason, most of it has been on RGIII, or the Broncos with welker, or the new amazing nfc west ( all those teams should be very good this year, rams with the improved line hopefully will challenge for the top i think, and if arizona figures out there QB situation...). I feel a lot of people felt we got lucky last year or rode the chuckstrong emotion train, which i can see, but i think we will surprise again this year. Go Colts!

As a Steelers fan I was happy to see how much the Ravens lost during their offseason this year. Unfortunately, as you just said, the Bengals are quickly become the powerhouse of the AFC North and now there is one less team to keep them down. I think my Steelers and the Ravens could hold on to the top spots for this last year, but I can see it flipping around very soon. If the Browns suck again this year, they could very easily pick up Bridgewater or Boyd from the draft next year and will instantly become the 2nd best team in the division behind the Bengals. Gonna take a couple years for my Steelers to build up a new defense, which hurts. :(

Good thing to look forward to though, is the future obviously. I think the Steelers drafted well this year. Le'veon Bell and Landry Jones is the future, and I'm happy for those picks. Bell could be a force this year though, honestly. 

How about the 50th Super Bowl being at the new Niners stadium!?
It's 5 minutes from my house! 
Let's just say someone's going to be sleeping in my bed for a week so I can make some extra cash...

• Upvote (+1) 2