CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm pretty certain the dislikes has nothing to do with you mentioning Goldenboy in a positive way, I personally think he's one of the best casters in Halo right now, obviously there's areas where he can improve, but the same applies to every other caster(person).

Here, have a :dank: picture;

qodmpWp.png

I saved this picture because I thought it looked hilariously close to a young version of my best friend/roommate. Turns out it IS him. God fucking bless you.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Also, I'm not saying specifically goldenboy. I couldn't tag strongside and everyone else, and I know goldenboy would be the most likely to see it. I've never said much about casters but it's just annoying for 3 series straight them stressing the same thing sounding confused about stats and bringing up things like "wow apg not doing well, 39% accuracy too" (WHICH IS A WHOLE DIFF TOPIC, ACCURACY IS TRASH). It's just annoying after 3 hours I guess. 

thank you for clarifying 

I saved this picture because I thought it looked hilariously close to a young version of my best friend/roommate. Turns out it IS him. God fucking bless you.

:wutface: that is crazy lmao

This dude strong side said Ace won global champs a year or so ago.

HE NEED SOME MILK!

I think one of the reasons why we think the casting isn't great is because the casters seem (to me, at least) to be catering to newer players. Meaning the same talking points are repeated over and over, because the alternative is to start to go more in depth into the game, which I'd assume they think would scare off newer viewers.

If this is true, I think it should be reversed. Casual fans know when they're being pandered to and I feel like it loses that air of legitimacy, that "oh shit this is a whole world that I know nothing about, maybe I should start learning more about it" vibe. 

Added benefit of not pissing off everyone on teambeyond.  :simms:

Wish the casters would cast with a much more macro/bird's eye view based approach rather than just narrating every tiny play. Like I watch a lot of Super Smash Brothers Melee, which is a super super fast game, and the best casters aren't trying to commentate every play, but point out important points in the game and explain the though processes/strategies. In Halo, I don't think any of the casters are that great at this, but guys like Audley and Towey are.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does he know he is a meme?

anyone know if the Halo 5 Arena is showing games played off stream, kinda intrigued about the Denial vs E6 games

When the memes come full circle

• Upvote (+1) 1

In Halo, I don't think any of the casters are that great at this, but guys like Audley and Towey are.  

Feels pretty good to be mentioned in the same sentence/category as Towey.  I'm not on his level yet though.  Need more experience.

Wish the casters would cast with a much more macro/bird's eye view based approach rather than just narrating every tiny play. Like I watch a lot of Super Smash Brothers Melee, which is a super super fast game, and the best casters aren't trying to commentate every play, but point out important points in the game and explain the though processes/strategies. In Halo, I don't think any of the casters are that great at this, but guys like Audley and Towey are.  

We're (I'm) putting up a big feedback piece on the home page about commentating/casting and this is a big part of the article. Too much micro-casting when they need to be looking at the bigger picture for both play by play and analysis.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'll probably get hate for saying this, but halo casting has to be the worst out of any esport that I've seen (I actively follow cs, halo, and cod). Not just game knowledge, but simple clarity and following the game is so weak.

• Upvote (+1) 7