CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We've been taking team picks on the twitter since the website isn't 100% done yet, you can pick your 4 on twitter or you can just reply to this post with your four and I'll make sure ypure included

Str8 Sick, Spartan, Huke, Penguin.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We've been taking team picks on the twitter since the website isn't 100% done yet, you can pick your 4 on twitter or you can just reply to this post with your four and I'll make sure ypure included

Str8 Sick

Naded

Pistola

Mikwen

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't care if there's a correlation.

Edit: Actually I do. Where is the casual explosion we were promised when we were given these default settings?

All goodwill/hype for the game was destroyed by 343 when they did Halo 4 and the disaster that was the MCC release.

https://twitter.com/fantasyhcs/status/728751732294045696

How is this going to work in the future, are we going to pick a new lineup before each tourney or pick and hold 1 team through each season?

@@CyReN I dont suppose you could give me a full red bar, I have given up on the gold bar dream.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

JuicyFruit, G00fy, Seduce, and Mvnoz

Would you bother really lol, I am asking for a full red bar, it just seems pointless

• Downvote (-1) 2

@@CyReN I dont suppose you could give me a full red bar, I have given up on the gold bar dream.

Never give up, even if it takes 5 more years you can do it.   :kappa:

That's a thing we can ask for?  I'm quite tempted myself now.

Premium members can.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Premium only I believe.

--

Jimbo and X-Men are having a rough time against Online Warriors right now. 

The rest of your argument has been addressed by myself and others in this thread but I just wanted to talk about this point really quickly.

Complexity dominated Black Ops 2 after picking up Clayster

Complexity/EG dominated a large part of Ghosts before falling apart in large part due to dedication/attitude issues

OG dominated a large amount of online and LAN tournaments in AW

OG has dominated online scrims and online tournaments in BO3 and won the most recent LAN. The first LAN was said not to count by Rise and the second LAN had widespread controller issues

All of these teams probably had more dominance than any team in H3, but would you say that these games have as much of a skillgap as H3?

Any game where the #1 team is far better than all the others has a skill gap. I see the point your trying to make but games play differently. It's how you perceive said "skill gap".

Every eSport has different mechanics where people could argue it's nooby. Now CoD is definitely the most "naturally" nooby because it is not made for competitive at all. Even with BO3's pick & ban system the players still have gentlemans agreements. What I do think though is CoD has a very small % of actual talented players. Thats why you always see the same few teams/players on top every year. I'm not sure if I'm able to convey my point all too well over text without it being too long, but I think Halo has a lot more "capable" players who can win... I think this is both a testament to the players being more skilled as well as the game itself being more competitive.

Most of the people who get/got into CoD eSports played the game casually then learned about the competitive side, hence the lower talent pool IMO. Hell, only reason Huke got into CoD eSports was because my college roomate was a pro CoD player (Pluto).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't wait to see Ogre 2 play again.

Edit: off topic, but all of this radar discussion (that will no longer take place here) has caused me to get my first signature, which illustrates the awesomeness of not having radar.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Most of the people who get/got into CoD eSports played the game casually then learned about the competitive side, hence the lower talent pool IMO. Hell, only reason Huke got into CoD eSports was because my college roomate was a pro CoD player (Pluto).

And you think Halo players are different? You think everyone immediately jumped into ranked or knows about ESL/MLG?

Whats this Fantasy League thing? @@Moses_FPS

In beta stage at the moment, the site will be live before the pro league starts, they are just testing at the minute

Sorry I know the question isn't addressed to me but I imagine Moses is busy inputting every1's requests lol

Will this event be pool play or group double elim brackets?