CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So the 4 Halo nominees for the Budlight all-stars are;

Ninja

T2

Walshy

Ace

Interesting choices 

Edit: Also that was the most cringe worthy thing I think I have ever watched on Twitch...  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2

No radar in slower non sprint games (as we previously know) vs. a game where you can get across maps so fast with spartan abilities (halo 5).

It could become a shit show imo. Probably an unpopular opinion but i'd like to think radar helps Halo 5 play very fluid. Yes people can crouch but you can still punish crouching by "soaring" out together as a team once you gain a number advantage. Crouching becomes less efficient as time goes on due to players being more aware of the maps/crouching spots. PLUS, the game will involve a lot more "sound whoring" with no radar which IMO is the most nooby shit of all. Storm Rifles/SMG's may be nooby and need to be nerfed but at least you still gotta kill someone. Sound whoring has got to be the noobiest of skills to use to your advantage.

This game has a HUGE skillgap regardless of how many people think crouching/AR's are nooby dooby. CLG proves that time and time again. Even with radar this game takes the most teamwork I've ever seen. Take that as you'd like.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 3

No radar in slower non sprint games (as we previously know) vs. a game where you can get across maps so fast with spartan abilities (halo 5).

It could become a shit show imo. Probably an unpopular opinion but i'd like to think radar helps Halo 5 play very fluid. Yes people can crouch but you can still punish crouching by "soaring" out together as a team once you gain a number advantage. Crouching becomes less efficient as time goes on due to players being more aware of the maps/crouching spots. PLUS, the game will involve a lot more "sound whoring" with no radar which IMO is the most nooby shit of all. Storm Rifles/SMG's may be nooby and need to be nerfed but at least you still gotta kill someone. Sound whoring has got to be the noobiest of skills to use to your advantage.

This game has a HUGE skillgap regardless of how many people think crouching/AR's are nooby dooby. CLG proves that time and time again. Even with radar this game takes the most teamwork I've ever seen. Take that as you'd like.

Sound whoring is stupid. But if you honestly think for a second that radar is less nooby then you are insane.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 5 is a great game. And although I prefer radar be removed, I don't think anything annoys me more than seeing a flashlight on a sniper rifle across map as I'm about to get ripped.

For some reason that just gets me. Idk. I'm on team no-radar though.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Boomba How can using your own ability to listen in-depth to game sounds. Having the ability to pin point players on the map and the situation occurring in that direction, with just ears, possibly be "nooby shit of all". Especially when comparing it to radar...

I guess im a huge noob then  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sound whoring is stupid. But if you honestly think for a second that radar is less nooby then you are insane.

It's nooby but how nooby can it be if this game still has a huge skillgap?? And I guess I'm insane then lol. Sound whoring takes zero actual skill, radar at least you see eachother most the time and then it comes down to execution & still having to ACTUALLY kill the person.

Within the context of Halo 5, I think radar runs pretty smooth. Previous halo's, not so much.

• Downvote (-1) 8

It's nooby but how nooby can it be if this game still has a huge skillgap?? And I guess I'm insane then lol. Sound whoring takes zero actual skill, radar at least you see eachother most the time and then it comes down to execution & still having to ACTUALLY kill the person.

Within the context of Halo 5, I think radar runs pretty smooth. Previous halo's, not so much.

In a 4v4 game with 7 other people running around and firing, sound whoring is much less of an issue. Radar tells you whether they are above/below you AND how many people there are without you even having to listen. I definitely do not agree that sound whoring is more nooby. You actually have to guess things too like when they'll actually turn a corner. Radar literally tells you right there. In a perfect work both wouldn't be a problem though. And I still disagree that radar isn't "as bad". It still does the exact same thing it always has it just has less range. But it also tells you if the enemy is on a different elevation and I hate that more than anything.

I'm done playing this game after today. I still will watch HCS, but damn if sprint/radar hasn't ruined a solo que experience. It's not even about shooting precision weapons anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Boomba How can using your own ability to listen in-depth to game sounds. Having the ability to pin point players on the map and the situation occurring in that direction, with just ears, possibly be "nooby shit of all". Especially when comparing it to radar...

I guess im a huge noob then :mj:

Yeah it's a skill you gotta learn but the point I was making is that ANYONE can actually learn how to soundwhore. It's not a physical attribute of the game. Halo 5 would play so slow in certain scenarios with no radar due to noone wanting to thrust/sprint to be soundwhored, it'd be the equivalent to crouching with radar.

Again, unpopular opinion and I'm not against testing no radar because why not?? Just stating I think we'd find out radar runs smoother on H5 given all the mechanics. And again, ANYONE can learn to soundwhore. I know people who've played Halo for years and still can't play it st a high level, because it's HARD to execute/kill people which actually takes skill.... Not directional hearing that I could teach a 10 yr old.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Reading all these pro radars/sprint/autos in competitive posts makes me sad. We will never go back to having a great Halo again.

-1wGed.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

One night without big name scrims and this shit show happens. MEME TEAM SAVE US.

Set us up a scrim. Lets hope they don't dodge.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I remember needing 6 melee's to kill someone in Halo 2. Not a great time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I barely post here, and I always do from mobile so I've never gotten to check my rep or whatever, but I was shocked to see I'm almost at light green with how little I actually do post. Just want to say thank you guys for being so generous. Normally I rarely plus rep or down rep because I'm too damn lazy, but I'm gonna start spreading some love to the posts that's deserve it!

Also OT, Optic will qualify as the 2nd place team in their pool, Renegades will qualify first. nV and Allegiance to qualify in their pool mainly because I'm concerned about APG's ability to communicate. Just a scare, hope it's not affected too much if at all though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember needing 6 melee's to kill someone in Halo 2. Not a great time.

Jump melee you noob.  :walshy:

Jump melee you noob.  :walshy:

I was so bad back then I had to play Heroic campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everyone has been tense tonight so here is a gif for you.

gfqFokl.gif

I was saving it for tourney time :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I was so bad back then I had to play Heroic campaign.

Pffft, some of us were so bad back then we played the campaign on normal.

Damn, you had that shit ready to go lol.

I've heard CLG state several times that it's not about the money. That it's about being the best. You'll never be the best though because you refuse to push 343 to make a game that will allow you guys to even be considered in the same breath as old pros.

Dumb statement.

If the game was so easy, wouldn't the "old pros" just be shitting on CLG then?

• Upvote (+1) 5

OK

Then- 100s of thousands of people playing at all times.

Now- 10s of thousands.

Your logic is flawed. We all wish there was a larger player pool, but I think the pro scene is about the same size..in terms of teams with a legit shot to place and compete for 1st. I would say there is probably not a huge difference in the amount of skilled players playing now as there were back then, just a lot less terrible players. And they are all mainly in warzone anyways.

I've watched and played since day 1, and I don't understand the hate Halo 5 is getting. For how completely different it seems on the surface, I think this is the first Halo that has been as fun/felt as competitive as Halo 2 and 3. I think sprinting/clamber/hover(though I wish spartan charge didnt exist) add a lot of complexity to the game play.

I also don't understand the clamoring for no radar, as I don't think it would work well with the extreme difference in verticality/movement this  game has compared to Halo 2 and 3.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

when are they gonna let random am teams sign up for online tournies

Dumb statement.

If the game was so easy, wouldn't the "old pros" just be shitting on CLG then?

He's an idiot just forget the dude.