CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You mean the guy who's pro Halo career is almost entirely based around Reach and 4? I thought we couldn't use 'crap' games like those and H5 to judge a player's skill @@Cooper?

(On another note, why is it that linked names never seem to show up for me...)

Wow, meanbean just took out the trash with this post. I don't even have to say anything else. Meanbeans Bitch. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

You mean the guy who's pro Halo career is almost entirely based around Reach and 4? I thought we couldn't use 'crap' games like those and H5 to judge a player's skill @@Cooper?

You can compare Reach- H5 era accomplishments against each other. When did I ever say you couldn't? I said you can't really compare Reach- 5 to HCE -3.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Get off work and hit the thread to see if anything is going on.  See a discussion about who being good at which game and not these games because they suck etc etc etc and i'm just like

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can compare Reach- H5 era accomplishments against each other. When did I ever say you couldn't? I said you can't really compare Reach- 5 to HCE -3.

You're in over your head with that one m8
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Your logic is flawless man. They're the best because they won 250k and have a record of like 56-8 W/L.

Honestly, whose to say the new talent wouldn't be good at halo 1/2 if they had been around during that time?

You can sit there and dick ride OGRE 2 but the fact is a majority of his accompliments were at at time when the scene barely started, playing gametypes like 1 flag on zanzibar.

I guess post-2005 doesn't count then, neither does holding the most tournament wins record at 40.

Fuck I wonder what qualifies in your eyes as GOAT  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Theoretically, APG is gonna be on painkillers during the LAN.

He's gonna be so Las...err..focuss..*yawn*..ed...*passes out*

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't seen the schedule for tomorrow anywhere. Does anyone have it?

Wow, you got me! I guess you're still mad that us young whipper snappers could handle the pressure against your beloved old pros. 

And great argument on the games dude, but I think I'll survive. 

6dc6fa1f9222789615dcfdd01abc1d19.png

8d804917669d621cf2095636f4983e5b.png

0e7fbf2e8bd65b397216273c351e47ac.png

Say what you want about Lxthul, the dude isn't afraid to be blunt. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can sit there and dick ride OGRE 2 but the fact is a majority of his accompliments were at at time when the scene barely started, playing gametypes like 1 flag on zanzibar.

Zanzibar 1 Flag > Any H5 Gametype-map combo. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 11

We got ourselves a BTB kid.

BTB and proud!

We're here, we're BTB. Get used to it. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just skimmed through a few pages to catch up.

Hope APG is ok.  When I was a teenager I got into a similar accident, was extremely brutal.  With a little hope and insurance(and maybe a lawyer if its needed.) and a few trips to the dentist, he will have a fresh grill in no time.

W0uld being super cringey as usual.  Everytime it looks like he is about to get that full bar he gets all

tumblr_inline_mgp7uaPFrz1rttthv.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Your logic is flawless man. They're the best because they won 250k and have a record of like 56-8 W/L.

Honestly, whose to say the new talent wouldn't be good at halo 1/2 if they had been around during that time?

I can't say I've watched all the early H2 tourneys, was there actually 1 Flag on Zanzibar?

For half of H2 people didn't even use headsets, it was a bunch of idiots yelling. To say you can't compare accomplishments in different games due to the skill that each one takes is so short sighted. Look at the competition and how intense it was for each game.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can't say I've watched all the early H2 tourneys, was there actually 1 Flag on Zanzibar?

No, it was a BTB gametype.

Edit:

Had to do a double take, Saw snipers in pool play in philly 05.  @@Philosopher was very much correct.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes there was. There was also team snipers on Sanc & Colossus. Interesting times in MLG settings

• Upvote (+1) 2

Okay, "majority" may have been a bit harsh.

Just saying there were dumbass gametypes in the early times of Halo tournament life and we should factor that in too if we're gonna wear nostalgia goggles.

• Downvote (-1) 4

You are a fool. The people that played in halo 1 and 2 put a lot more time in, and shitty gametypes like 1 flag zanzibar were only around for an event or 2. I'm not even saying new people couldn't be good, but don't try and downplay the competition back then.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So Formal winning a bunch of H4 tournaments and a Reach LAN means he is the best Halo player in the world. However, @@LethuL wins almost every single major LAN in H2A and H5 and he still can't "even be considered in the same breath as old pros"?

Interesting.

(Note: this isn't a knock on Formal at all, he's an incredible fps player, just pointing out some dumbass logic).

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2