CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They are still considerably slow at rotating. It's something they spend a lot of time talking about after games.

its hit or miss, they've been playing much differently than pre/during worlds though...

Getting on for scrims isn't the only thing you can do to ensure you're prepared for tourneys.

Players like Ninja, Lethul, Commonly, Snakebite, they play all day leading up to scrims mostly nightly.

Also @@TiberiusAudley it's the fact that they lost two nights in a row. We can excuse one close loss to liquid, who they beat previously, but another loss to Optic, who they beat previously? Not good.

Tonight, for me, is make or break it. If they lose badly to RNG then I think changes should be made to ensure a dedicated practice schedule.

No real roster change should be looked at till after a tourney loss with Suspector.

And, whoever claimed they haven't changed their playstyle, you're wrong, that was the case months ago, they've changed their playstyle ever since picking up Suspector. The problem is practice.

I'd say I agree with one of EG's issues being their consistency regarding practice, but I think I could also chalk it up to breakdown in their communication.  At least my personal observations during their scrims over the past week or two, it seems to have degraded a bit.  I think this kinda boils down to the core 3 as opposed to Suspector (who in my opinion, communicates how he should).  I know it's always said that "it's just the Twin bickering", but I really think that it could be beneficial for them, instead of throwing blame at the end of a game at a specific play or player, to discuss ways to improve those situations, or what could have been changes to perhaps avoid the situation where blame could be given.  Specific blame on a situation doesn't help a team figure out what they're doing wrong.  Plus, avoiding this helps them focus on the next game type.

Personally if I were in their situation, I'd keep a scrim journal or something.  Write down specific situations between games that the individual thinks they could have improved on as a team.  Then after the scrim is over, hit the theatre and go over it.  Emotions will be more in check and it doesn't reflect over the rest of the series.

Again, this is just my personal views based on recent observations.  I too hope they improve in all aspects of the game as I've been a big fan for a while now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

EG Pistola has a nice ring to it. :thinking:

I'd rather commonly if he'd ever do it.

That's just based off somewhat consistent frustration during scrims for him.

I don't think there's anyone better than Commonly right now besides EG and CLG players. Even then he's better than some on EG.

When you got things to do, but you just want to come to the forums

I see somebody else also visited imgur's homepage.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are we discussing EG so in depth, I get they lost a scrim, but that is not a shock and horror moment anymore. They are barely practicing in comparison to other teams as they are already qualified, so they have nothing really to play for except their ego, which when you have accomplished as much as they have, I don't think they will care about an online scrim. (as i pointed out those players have alot of other things on their mind apart from halo)

If we want to start discussing teams that are in trouble I suggest looking at Liquid (lost 11-2 to optic) or Allegiance (lost 9-0 to optic) those two teams should be worried not EG.

If you think the only thing they have to practice for is their ego, and that it justifies them slacking off, then they are going to take a BIG hit to their ego unless their work ethic as a team changes. There is a reason CLG isn't doing the same.

i dont think there is a team out there that could beat CLG at this point. I like the teams how they are, there is no clear number 2 team, for the first time in a long time.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

EG Pistola has a nice ring to it. :thinking:

I was thinking about it myself. Olas style is more in line with eg anyway. Might as well fit what you do then try to radically change what you arent. Ola stays alive longer and is more controlled too.

i dont think there is a team out there that could beat CLG at this point. I like the teams how they are, there is no clear number 2 team, for the first time in a long time.

quoting for when optic beats clg

• Upvote (+1) 3

Predictions for tonight's scrims:

CLG 11 - 2 Optic

RNG 8 - 5 EG

edit for prop bet predictions:

# of Frosty teabags: 46

# of times Maniac says "Let's goooooo": 78

# of times we hear every second of Views on stream: 4

# of posts tonight talking about how Ninja is too aggressive: 17

# of Ugug radar complaints: 8

# of times Humphlung says some weird shit in Lethul's chat: 2

# of teams wishing they had more practice vs. the Meme Team: everyone but Liquid

My account has ascended to the meme realm.

We're going to Make Halo Great Again.

• Upvote (+1) 3

AMs are really upset about the open circuit and the challenger league

i cant tell if its because they know they aren't good enough for PL or its because they are stupid AMs and thats why they remain as AMs

What are the ammys mad about?

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 vote for Lethul Borat

That post is the exact reason why new regulations need to be drawn up regarding the production, storage, and usage of memes. We can't just sit back and do nothing at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If optic takes more than 4 games off CLG tonight, ill let y'all choose my sig, and ill keep it for a month.

If lethul sees that he might throw 5 just to fix you with a terrible sig.

If a series of 5 had 3 slayers in it I don't think clg would be as untouchable, I see optic at the very least taking a couple slayer maps.

EG was so 2015... It is time to be an Optic fan

Bandwagon bruh, stick with a team no matter the placing
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Formal just went 8-21 at ESWC. Time to come back to Halo  :apg:

Edit: he had 3 kills in the last 10 seconds, so he went 11-21. Still, time to come back bb.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Bandwagon bruh, stick with a team no matter the placing

Player(s)* imo.

I'll follow Heinz, Mikwen, Ola, etc to any team/org they go to.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Formal just went 8-21 at ESWC. Time to come back to Halo :apg:

Edit: he had 3 kills in the last 10 seconds, so he went 11-21. Still, time to come back bb.

The COD team always struggles on Fridays. I have no idea why but slow starts by OG on Fridays have been a thing for over a season. Also Karma just got there today and I don't know if the bluetooth PS4 connection problems have been solved. Them starting slow isn't something to look too much into.

Edit: I don't know why but I have a feeling if they win COD champs this year (fingers crossed) he'll make a return to Halo. When the Halo team wasn't doing well and hurricane Lethul hadn't happened yet, in one of the Vision episodes he said he was wondering why the Halo team was just ok with EG dominating ? (Formals words not mine) and that he was considering going back to try and take them down.

I don't think there's anyone better than Commonly right now besides EG and CLG players.

1v1, who wins, Commonly or Victory X, Commonly or Penguin, Commonly or Ninja.

I think there are 2 types of players, you have the Objective Players and Slayers, Slayers are the ones doing the heavy lifting while Objective players are usually the ones consistently running Flags and for the most part they are always crouching and hiding to get kills so which of the 2 do you consider Commonly to be, a Slayer or an Objective Player?

"Better" infers 1v1, I've seen too many people shit on him in 1v1 scenarios to say he's the 9th best halo player, 9th best support Player, I'll give him that.

• Downvote (-1) 1