CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hey,

If there was a possibility of some fun/less competitive but still Halo tournaments happening soon, what would people want to see?

Ricochet.  :lxthul:

Hey,

If there was a possibility of some fun/less competitive but still Halo tournaments happening soon, what would people want to see?

Halo Wars 2

more competitive  :walshy: 

Hey,

Shotguns and ARs only and markers over everybody's heads. I want to see non-random and positional gameplay.

A few things on my mind this morning:

Someone else mentioned on here that NV should make a change and I sort of agree with you, but not splitting Mikwen/Ola. To be honest, I kept advocating for Spartan to get a shot on this team before they decided on el Town because I honestly thought it could work. If Liquid and NV both under perform this upcoming Lan and their online scrims continue to spiral downwards, I would love to see Spartan on NV, to at NV least run games. At the end of Spartan's montage, he thank Ola, Mikwen and el Town, so I am surprised that when NV was looking to run games with players, they didn't run with Spartan at all. Maybe he didn't want to, maybe NV didn't see the need to, but oh well, what do I know? I am just a spectator.

I hope teams quitting scrims before they are finished does not become a new habit moving forward. I say that if a team starts quitting scrims routinely, other pro teams should not scrim that team for a few days, that way they learn to finish scrims, in my opinion. Might seem a bit harsh, but it just sucks to see something like that as a viewer who loves watching scrims/Halo. 

Lastly, scrims I would love us to set up for tonight would be:

NV vs Optic

RNG vs EG

Hey,

Breakout

If it allows you to win a series for a chance at $20k. Would you do it?

it's effective gamesmanship 

embrace the bag

If I were playing for real money, I would bag after literally every kill, don't get me wrong lol ... in matchmaking it seems a bit unnecessary

@@Saucey @@Infinity @@Clicked

On the subject of forge maps; would it be possible for some of the future Beyond tourneys to feature competitively viable ones?

I mean we'd have to find some, but that'd be pretty damn neat and great for the forging community!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey,

2v2 with only Forge maps would be cool. ForgeHub runs tournaments like that with a new map for each round and they're super fun. It's still competitive but not TOO competitive since no one really knows the maps. 2v2s are great because anyone can put together a team for them, but the h5 maps are built very exclusively with 4v4 in mind, so forge maps are necessary.

On the subject of forge maps; would it be possible for some of the future Beyond tourneys to feature competitively viable ones?

I mean we'd have to find some, but that'd be pretty damn neat and great for the forging community!

We'll wait for both the new HCS Maps/Gametypes to be released as well as the Doubles playlist that is supposedly on the way before we make any decisions but it's definitely possible we could throw in one or two community maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To those saying "Pro teams leaving scrims isn't a thing that happens in other games."

In LoL, it's actually really hard to practice late game scenarios because most of the time, once a team has established a lead in the early game, the other team will go ahead and either leave the game or tell the other team to push mid.  Scrims aren't taken seriously at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bagging always just seems so silly/immature to me ... like when it happens to me in game, it doesn't upset me, I'm just mystified by it.  It just seems like something a 12-year-old would do

I mean if you begin to get hosed by a storm rifle from behind and proceed to turn around and 5 shot him - I don't see another viable option but to bag

The only time bagging hurts me is when I'm running solo and a few teammates get dropped or quit and I'm involved in a one sided orgey for the whole 10 minutes - 343 plz gives us a surrender option. 

it's effective gamesmanship 

embrace the bag

You merely adopted the bag, I was born in it, molded by it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yes. One thing to consider, the more things you require competitors to do, the harder it is for some people. Using default maps that everyone has is generally a good way to go, to prevent confusion and player frustration. 

We have people who sign up every week who have never played in a tournament before, new to the site, new to our platform, downloading maps, etc - can cause confusion and potentially end up delaying the tournament for everyone else. 

I am not against Forge Maps by any means, but just offering another perspective. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You merely adopted the bag, I was born in it, molded by it.

I'm pretty sure that's not how you get pregnant.  :kappa: 

Hey,

A BTB tournament would be fun.

It might be difficult to organize but I think you guys could pull it off.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Yes. One thing to consider, the more things you require competitors to do, the harder it is for some people. Using default maps that everyone has is generally a good way to go, to prevent confusion and player frustration. 

We have people who sign up every week who have never played in a tournament before, new to the site, new to our platform, downloading maps, etc - can cause confusion and potentially end up delaying the tournament for everyone else. 

I am not against Forge Maps by any means, but just offering another perspective. 

Other side of the coin would be, make the players adjust to new things(maps) and therefore we keep the competitions "fresh", obviously the forge maps would have to be good and tested before hand and make sure to get these maps to the players with some time in advance so they can at least see some basic strats on power weapons and powerups.

#newMeta

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pretty sure that's not how you get pregnant. :kappa:

What do you mean? How else would spartans be bred?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So today is my 30th birthday guys, guess im too old to play and care about video games now.

get the fuck out, happy birthday dude <3

:beyond:

i'm glad you made the forum transition with me

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shoutout to the H2F fam of 2005-2007.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Thanks Mike <3

Im super proud of all the work you're doing here and its def nice to see a familiar face :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

a tournament all empire strongholds

He said "fun."

You might be confused because he said "fun/less competitive" and you thought that he meant "funless."

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1