CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No Lifestyle vid yet :huh:

I was interested to see what he had to say about the whole thing but I don't think it will ever come out. 

Lifestyle scumbagging again.

Honestly I think we're seeing that E6 is just a low tier pro league team. They'll battle to get out of 7-8th, which I don't see them even doing. It's clear they're better than AM teams, but I really see Cratos as the downfall of the team. He only seems to turn up when he plays amateur teams (him going off during the Eden TS vs Str8 for example) but he doesn't perform vs big teams and his strats just don't hold up. We'll see if he can prove himself, but I don't think we'll see anything out of him. I use to think the weak link on ALG was Naded, but now I see it was Cratos.

I do think it's funny that, in the post-Worlds roster shakeups, the dialogue was how no one likes Naded/wants to team with him. He clearly went to Optic because what other option does he have? He may as well make money, because they sure won't be competitive! :kappa:

In all seriousness, I think that ALG was greater than the sum of their parts specifically because Naded approaches the game so clinically (strategically). That's part of why Optic is looking so formidable as well. I mean, adding Str8 Sick certainly didn't hurt, but the biggest factor to me is that Maniac actually looks like he knows what he's supposed to be doing now. Part of that is him deciding to grind harder (why not, it's your living after all), but I'm sure a ton of that is due to Naded.

Naded feeds off of his own volatile emotions. Recently he's been extremely focused, happy-sounding, and crazy good. He's even been putting up huge slaying numbers. I'm sure part of that is because Optic is destroying our expectations at the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Group 4th Place Teams

Group C: Indecisive - no games played. DQ'd.

Wish you would have made the graphic and just put zeroes in the number places.

There are only a handful of people regarded as highly as those 3. So that's just not going to happen.

Right? How does that look?

2gre

Ola

Walshy

...Ninja?

Certainly not at this point in time. How can we talk about him wanting to crack into the T5 all-time, when his career isn't on par (yet) with people who don't even make the T20? or 30?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rip new avi 5/5/16 11:41 A.M. - 5/5/16 11:43 A.M.

What was it?  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

BREAKING NEWS: Sudd1 ate two 16 inchers

:intel:

TMZ reports it may not have been the first time

• Upvote (+1) 3

Did Lifestyle issue his apology yet?

Lifestyle's apology (I'm sort of paraphrasing):

"Yeah, so I didn't go. I'm alive. I'm done with Halo. No, I didn't decide to quit the day of the tourney. No, I didn't TELL my teammates that. Thank you supporters. Subscribe to my YouTube!"

Seriously

Something missing from the "apology" I'd wager

Hey Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster.  I have been following the Halo scene since H3.  Felt compelled to post as I have been following ALG very closely.

IMO Allegiance probably has the most potential out of any team in H5 right now to improve.  When they are on, they seriously can wreck.  Here is what I see to be their main problems right now:

Tilt Factor - Particularly Devon and Contra are prone to going full tilt.  I don't think they are "giving up" as much as not noticing how bad their attitude is effecting the entire team and their play.   Dev\Contra are the stronger personalities on the team and if they brought a positive attitude, not getting tilted when losing, and talking constructively about how to improve, this team could drastically improve.  When you lose your patience, all your prove is that your tilt factor is the ceiling in your game, and you are down the road to building the habits that are the hallmark of an inconsistent team member.  You guys gotta figure out how to stop being prone to Halo rage!    

Feedback - After you guys do poorly in a game, giving feedback that does not relate to specific things that need to change does nothing to help, especially when its overtly negative.  If you are going to say non-specific things after a bad game it should be to encourage your team, not tear them down.  You can't have an agenda to blow off steam and expect your team to improve as a result.  

Communication - Huge need to improve here, though I think if you deal with the attitude and tilt factor this will get much better.  

Ryanoob - I think you let others on the team, when they are on tilt or being negative, dominate the team too much.  You know it's unhelpful, and need to stand up to it and contribute more positive and constructive things to the conversation.

Goofy - I am not a Halo player so I could be way off here, but once watching your stream I noticed in close 1v1s that you were not challenging the last shot and instead would easily die to a nade or another angle cleaning you up leaving the person you were battling alive.  I would work on building confidence in close 1v1s and using thrust to get that last shot in.  

Contra - I have noticed watching your stream something likely is wrong with your internet connection.  You have one of the best shots in the game and I saw so many players that it seems you clearly put enough shots into them not die.  not sure what is up there.  Hope this gets fixed soon.

Devon - Changing your attitude could bring the greatest improvement to this team period.  

Just my 2 cents!  

Welcome to the world of posting on Team Beyond! :dank:  :weback:  :beyond:  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey,

If there was a possibility of some fun/less competitive but still Halo tournaments happening soon, what would people want to see?

basketball,infection, hide n seek.hunger games.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey,

If there was a possibility of some fun/less competitive but still Halo tournaments happening soon, what would people want to see?

Could you give us an example of what you're thinking? Like are you thinking Grifball or fiesta tournaments, or are you thinking smaller tournaments to try and promote local scenes but still HWC settings, or are you thinking tournaments with a mix of HWC settings and Breakout, and snipers, etc.?

Also, are you thinking online or LAN?

Hey,

07 final boss v the world

Could you give us an example of what you're thinking? Like are you thinking Grifball or fiesta tournaments, or are you thinking smaller tournaments to try and promote local scenes but still HWC settings, or are you thinking tournaments with a mix of HWC settings and Breakout, and snipers, etc.?

Also, are you thinking online or LAN?

More 2v2, Snipers, forge-only maps, etc...

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hey,

swordball is fun

oddball with swords, usually played 2v2 or ffa

not sure if it would work with H5 though

Hey,

- Breakout:  Not sure this will ever fit into the pro scene, but I honestly thoroughly enjoyed watching breakout games when it was on part of the gametypes for the pros.  The idea of playing halo in a way where you only get one life is extremely interesting to me.  The maps suck tho IMO.

- 1 Pro with a team of Amateurs:  this could be fun to watch.  Which pro can lead amateurs the best?

- Anything to discover breakout talent - MLG used to do the combine events to find upcoming talent and some awesome pros came out of it.  I think the key to making this interesting is having top tier casters.

- Interesting Game Types \ Settings:  No Radar?  No Sprint?  Different weapons?  Start with BR?  I haven't played Halo 5 so I dont know whats possible with custom games but this could be really fun to watch.  

Hey,

As self-anointed captain of the Meme Team, you've piqued our interest.

My vote would be a blind tournament, meaning no releasing of the map or gametype until an hour or so before the tournament.

Hey,

Tournaments with forge maps to be considered to add to the rotation, 2v2, FFA, and Sword Ball if it works in H5

• Upvote (+1) 1

So who have we decided is scrimming tonight?

We need to see a RNG vs EG rematch.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1