CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

ALG should be embarrassed of themselves for rage quitting. That's not how professionals act.

elucidate por favor good sir

• Upvote (+1) 2

I figured this OpTic honeymoon rampage spree would end after a couple days. Glad to see it still going.

there is no denying it any longer, optic is... good. if the story of HWC was lethul leaving evil geniuses for counter logic, then this appears to be the big story of pro league. i cant wait to see how far they go.

• Upvote (+1) 3

elucidate por favor good sir

They rage quit a scrim last night

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah as an RNG fan I was embarrassed for them to hear they ducked out of a scrim early.

Now ALG rage quitting.  

That is the most bitchmade shit ever, finish the fucking scrim.  

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Teams that ragequit practice will never win anything important.

Greenwall.

Come on Hecz, give me that Naded Optic shirt... my wallet is open.

Not sure but I think it's getting held up because MLG and OpTic had a store deal or something, could be wrong. Wouldn't mind rocking a Naded shirt if it's stylist though.

We are still hurt that bad by bags? I wish it happened more. It makes it fun to watch and (apparently) can cause mental issues to throw people off their game.

But what will we tell the children?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

From what Maniac said Contra bagged first within the first couple minutes of the first game. Makes it fair game imo.

Not only fair game, that makes it kind of funny tbh

• Upvote (+1) 6

We are still hurt that bad by bags? I wish it happened more. It makes it fun to watch and (apparently) can cause mental issues to throw people off their game.

Way to spoil the meme team's super secret strats

• Upvote (+1) 3

scrim scores

Denial 7 - 3 Soul Red

Renegades 8 - 5 Liquid

OpTic 9 - 0 Allegiance

CLG 9 - 4 Enigma6

Elevate 9 - 4 nV (bless your heart @@ssbChad)

@@wow, wtf man, that avatar is not working 4 me

I guess I misread your post and thought you were suggesting that one series takes 4-6 hours, and that playing more than one would be impossible because it would then be "super draining."

I still completely disagree with you though. I know of no other form of competition where you can get away with practicing 2-3 hours a night and being the best. Like, what do you think Olympic athletes do? I'm pretty sure their training is much more draining than playing Halo for a few hours, yet I can promise that they aren't practicing under 20 hours a week. Then you have teams like EG who might play only 4 nights a week. I just don't understand how you can play 12 hours a week and expect to be the best in the world at anything. I feel like a really talented team like EG, RNG, Optic or whoever would improve so much by doing a minimum of two scrims a night 5-6 days a week. If they truly care about winning and beating CLG, as Mikwen suggested, then I think that's the only way they'll ever accomplish it.

Halo isn't in a good enough spot where players can just play halo 8 hours a day like it's a full time job... because almost all of them either have an actual full time job or go to school. Halo isn't like LoL yet - expecting pros to practice like they are LoL pros is absurd.

Yeah, I do understand. You also have some guys like Lunchbox for whom playing past 2 AM is just an impossibility because he has more important IRL responsibilities. And getting serious practice in isn't like training for a marathon. You can only practice when other players are on.

But, aren't there a lot of pros who don't have fulltime jobs? I don't actually know the answer to this, but I feel like there's a lot for whom it wouldn't be a real problem to practice whenever because they have no responsibilities other than Halo.

Ehh, yes and no.  The Halo scene is an older audience than the CoD scene.  CoD pros are 18-23/4 at the most.  Ogre 2 (who admittedly is on the older side) will be 30 this year.  It's a different style for them.  The streaming and content making likely isn't supporting themselves, so they work.  Then you have people like Lunchbox who has a wife and other IRL stuff.  In order to get 2 scrim series in you would need to start around 7-8, have a small break after the first, and then another later.  I just don't see that happening though. 

Like I said before.  The other scenes may appear to be practicing for 8 hours a day, but 5-6 of that is in matchmaking or with subs or money  8's and not actually scrimming.  That's because the streaming pays their bills.  With Halo, it's really not big enough at the moment for that to be feasible outside of the very top ones like Ninja or Snip3down.   

What are we talking about?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Way to spoil the meme team's super secret strats

We stream all our scrims against top teams so they know what's coming. In the last tournament, Liquid clearly studied our VODs and made a nice effort..

There will be revenge.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With Contra at the helm, the rage quitting is no surprise.  I don't see Ryan/Goofy ever doing that.  

Why do you find it unsurprising that Contra would do that, has he done something like this before? Was it Contra that initiated the rage quit?

• Upvote (+1) 1

We like basketball analogies, right? Teabagging is basically staring down your opponent after dunking on him. It's a fundamental part of the game.

Why do you find it unsurprising that Contra would do that, has he done something like this before? Was it Contra that initiated the rage quit?

Sure it is just an assumption.  I've seen him rage quit his stream before.  

Edit:  Inb4 he comes in here defending himself Kanye West style.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is there an easier way of finding scrim results, other than browsing through page after page here?

@@wow, wtf man, that avatar is not working 4 me

His avy is Ryanoobs face after Contra rage quit

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll be honest, if I was getting bagged that frequently and furiously, I might nope outta there

If a team can't surpass a simple psychological attack, then by no means are they ready for the pro leagues. In fact, I hope any team that plays ALG tbags them all time because they tilt so easily.

Secondly, getting upset by tbags and having dead bodies shot is ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 2