CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Next weeks vision is gonna have clips of OG destroying Allegiance while the sudds YouTube series "Lack of vision" is gonna debut to a 13-0 loss to OG followed by Sud 1 and 2 fighting, cant wait.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

While the draining takes a factor, you also have to take into account the time of day.  They aren't starting until 10 or 11 every evening because that's when the teams get on to scrim.  2 scrims for a total of 4+ hours would leave you past 2 in the morning.  You won't learn a damn thing from the second scrim because it's so late your mind won't take it in.

For the athlete comparison I agree, but they won't be doing 8+ hours of hard physical training in a row.  They would do a couple hours in the morning, rest and eat and do whatever, some more in the afternoon, and then some later.  So while the total is higher, it's spread over 12+ hours (assume 7-7 or 8-8), and they aren't going until 2 in the morning.  If the pros did an afternoon scrim and then a night one maybe, or start at 7-8 instead of 10-11, they could fit 2 in.  

Yeah, I do understand. You also have some guys like Lunchbox for whom playing past 2 AM is just an impossibility because he has more important IRL responsibilities. And getting serious practice in isn't like training for a marathon. You can only practice when other players are on.

But, aren't there a lot of pros who don't have fulltime jobs? I don't actually know the answer to this, but I feel like there's a lot for whom it wouldn't be a real problem to practice whenever because they have no responsibilities other than Halo.

nV has not been doing well in scrims recently, but then again it was the same story before PAX - this team really shows up on LAN. 

ALG also not doing well, but again, Contra/Dev did a LOT better on LAN last season than online. 

Hope both these teams make it this weekend, but TL is looking really strong in scrims, and is no slouch on LAN either. Probably the most underrated team right now besides E6.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nemassist is such a sneaky player. Always making crouch plays and flanks. 

Denial up 3-0 on Soul

He has an unusually soft voice too.

They needed to oush more on truth flag

Yeah, I do understand. You also have some guys like Lunchbox for whom playing past 2 AM is just an impossibility because he has more important IRL responsibilities. And getting serious practice in isn't like training for a marathon. You can only practice when other players are on.

But, aren't there a lot of pros who don't have fulltime jobs? I don't actually know the answer to this, but I feel like there's a lot for whom it wouldn't be a real problem to practice whenever because they have no responsibilities other than Halo.

Ehh, yes and no.  The Halo scene is an older audience than the CoD scene.  CoD pros are 18-23/4 at the most.  Ogre 2 (who admittedly is on the older side) will be 30 this year.  It's a different style for them.  The streaming and content making likely isn't supporting themselves, so they work.  Then you have people like Lunchbox who has a wife and other IRL stuff.  In order to get 2 scrim series in you would need to start around 7-8, have a small break after the first, and then another later.  I just don't see that happening though. 

Like I said before.  The other scenes may appear to be practicing for 8 hours a day, but 5-6 of that is in matchmaking or with subs or money  8's and not actually scrimming.  That's because the streaming pays their bills.  With Halo, it's really not big enough at the moment for that to be feasible outside of the very top ones like Ninja or Snip3down.   

• Upvote (+1) 1

Toilet Views.

So are the 6 and the 9 Drake was talking about supposed to be a drawing of the water swirling down the drain?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Denial looking much better tonight. They'll need Towey to carry them to Pro League though  :kappa:

Does anyone know if 2gre's playing at home right now, or somewhere else? 

Denial looking much better tonight. They'll need Towey to carry them to Pro League though  :kappa:

Does anyone know if 2gre's playing at home right now, or somewhere else? 

He said earlier that his internet was working but he didn't know why. 

Yeah I honestly think with how much we play my team will compete for first by the time the events happen. I think I got 3 of 6 players outside of CLG that could compete with them

who are the other 3?

Looks like the Denial series is over, they won 7-3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

did the Sudds quit against Optic?

i stopped paying attention by game 3 so im not sure lol

i think optic got bored

Ehh, yes and no.  The Halo scene is an older audience than the CoD scene.  CoD pros are 18-23/4 at the most.  Ogre 2 (who admittedly is on the older side) will be 30 this year.  It's a different style for them.  The streaming and content making likely isn't supporting themselves, so they work.  Then you have people like Lunchbox who has a wife and other IRL stuff.  In order to get 2 scrim series in you would need to start around 7-8, have a small break after the first, and then another later.  I just don't see that happening though. 

Like I said before.  The other scenes may appear to be practicing for 8 hours a day, but 5-6 of that is in matchmaking or with subs or money  8's and not actually scrimming.  That's because the streaming pays their bills.  With Halo, it's really not big enough at the moment for that to be feasible outside of the very top ones like Ninja or Snip3down.   

Does Ogre 2 work?