CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Am i alone in thinking OpTic shouldn't scrim CLG until after Burbank? Their chemistry is really clicking and a bad night against CLG could break that at the worst possible time. 

Am i alone in thinking OpTic shouldn't scrim CLG until after Burbank? Their chemistry is really clicking and a bad night against CLG could break that at the worst possible time.

Scrimming CLG is the best practice though....
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I love how you said it was the event of your life but not only did you drop a breadstick on Championship Sunday with 100,000 people watching, but you were also outshone by Suspector, Naded, AND El Town. Kinda makes you think how well ALG would've done with a better 4th.

was I? Wasn't aware of this
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Chemistry that is that easily broken shouldn't exist in the first place. I think Optic should play the best teams possible and improve as much as possible, and maybe take an easy scrim or 2 right before the event to get them feeling even better. But they should definitely play CLG/EG/RNG these next 2 nights at least.

was I? Wasn't aware of this

Kinda seems like it, seeing as Sal, Ayden, and Brett ended up on better teams than you. But hey, at least you get to ride in a private jet. :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Scrimming CLG is the best practice though....

idk he may be onto something. I think optic should ride the wave, and avoid any and all negativity, they are having so much fun as a unit right now.

also

sorry you got grouped in the loony bin with me u don't deserve it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

idk he may be onto something. I think optic should ride the wave, and avoid any and all negativity, they are having so much fun as a unit right now.

also

sorry you got grouped in the loony bin with me u don't deserve it.

Meh, screw the haters, should have ignored 'em.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Chemistry that is that easily broken shouldn't exist in the first place. I think Optic should play the best teams possible and improve as much as possible, and maybe take an easy scrim or 2 right before the event to get them feeling even better. But they should definitely play CLG/EG/RNG these next 2 nights at least.

I think it depends on the teams tbh. Some players want to ride that momentum and would rather ride the wave. Some would rather continue to play the best under any and all conditions. 

But if you're trying to go in on a high note, just play Matchmaking and dont drop any games:D

• Upvote (+1) 1

people keep telling me that....i just like metaphors!

on commonly's stream he victory, and penguin all said they want to finish out the series. Ninja said he didn't and i guess within that one minute of all of them saying they wanted to continue, he had already typed in the group Skype that he was done and yall had left. kinda hard for me to know whats going on in the skype chat that i just figured out existed, and im still mad that ninja would want to end a scrim early and not finish it out. but they moved on.

other than that..

the whole ninja/kobe thing?

Ninja challenges a lot, Kobe challenged a lot, when Kobe challenged too much he got yelled at, when ninja challenges too much he gets yelled at. When Kobe wins everyone was happy when he loses Sportscenter does a 30 minute video on how he shoots to much. When ninja's team wins everyone was playing great, when they lose ninja gets a lot of the blame, not from his team, but from trolls in the chat.

i dont think im in a fantasy world, i thought today of all things were pretty grounded lol guess not.

Kobe would not get yelled at lol. Kobe does as kobe wills. Kobe was the 2nd highest paid player THIS year, thats how much kobe can do what he wants; selfishly set back his franchise a year to honor all he's brought to the organization. Kobe has won many championships, ninja has not. That's the difference. Sports/esports comparisons are so different because the games change, whether it's a new title or the same with many patches taking place over time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People are really underrating E6, because of one bad LAN, and cause people dislike @@Cratos . Didn't they beat nV pretty handily in scrims yesterday? 

Also, stats matter even less when you're playing CL fucking G. Cratos was a huge part of the comeback against RNG, and was arguably the best player in that series. It's fine to dislike some of the stuff he says / personality, but let's not be delusional about his skill. 

(Also, Shooter & Bubu were the ones underperforming at PAX IMO).

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't post on forums very often, but I wanted to say I'm really glad @@GoldenboyFTW is casting this weekend.

I think every team that's even slightly in the running to qualify for pro league needs to scrim CLG as much as they can. How can you compete with the best if you don't practice with the best?

• Upvote (+1) 4

People are really underrating E6, because of one bad LAN, and cause people dislike @@Cratos . Didn't they beat nV pretty handily in scrims yesterday?

Also, stats matter even less when you're playing CL fucking G. Cratos was a huge part of the comeback against RNG, and was arguably the best player in that series. It's fine to dislike some of the stuff he says / personality, but let's not be delusional about his skill.

(Also, Shooter & Bubu were the ones underperforming at PAX IMO).

Last three nights they beat Liquid 7-5, Denial 13-0, and nV 10-5. Now I do not take scrims as black and white at all as it is a scrim and I'm a firm believer in tourney results>scrims any day, but people take it as if E6 is just some trash lowtier team with little to no chance or something. Just my observations though. Clearly they are the underdogs and got a tough pool for being a #1 seed, but I feel like the PAX performance was the perfect chance for people to go ahead and discredit them because of players they don't like on the team.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

true Man you're right my team isn't that good. We are just a average top 8-12 team

Carlos, man, I'm not trying to make you pull a Gary. I still think you're gonna make Pro League, I just think it's pretty clear that your placings this season are gonna be lower than last season's.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

...E6...I feel like the PAX performance was the perfect chance for people to go ahead and discredit them because of players they don't like on the team.

"players" or 1 player in particular?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait what?

Are people seriously arguing that PROFESSIONAL teams should avoid playing CLG because it may dampen their confidence? Oh god i could rant for pages on end about this topic, as this is a serious flaw with modern society and the everybody is a winner or in the interest of fairness philosophy, so I will try and keep this short.

In what world does that logic make sense, "in order to be the best, you have to play the best", "you are only as good as your competition", "wining is teaching", "learning is loosing", do these phrases mean nothing any more. If players are seriously this mentally inept that they cannot overcome a loss then they should just give up as they will never make it. learning to pick yourself up from a defeat is fundamental in every single sport across the world, whether it virtual or not. It is inherent in all competition. Teams will never improve by as much, playing teams of a similar skill level, as they have no need to push the boundaries of what is possible, as they are already within touching distance of success. When you are within touching distance of success  it is about refining your strategy, when you are getting hammered, you are doing something wrong and you need to (1) PAY FUCKING CLOSE ATTENTION TO WHAT THE OTHER TEAM IS DOING AND (2) MOVE ON and Revamp your your gameplan as your doing something wrong or at least inferior.

This logic is completely counter productive and only favors CLG, as teams will never catch up. If teams are loosing heavily to CLG they are doing something wrong, let us please not kid ourselfs and say CLG'S dominance is solely down to gun skill, which is harder to develop, no their understanding of the game, their team chemistry and their mindset is just miles ahead of everyone, very little of it has to do with individual ability. I can't remember what sports personality said it but he said something along the lines of 90% of wining is mental attitude. There are teams with the raw gun skill to match CLG but few with the mental attitude of CLG. So how on earth will that improve if teams do not play them. Can anyone imagine the psychological effect this would would have on teams playing against CLG, teams would be shitting bricks, as they have placed CLG on a massive pedestal, instead of viewing them as just more competition. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I know what Kobe did, but ninja sometimes pulls the equivalent of Kobe taking the ball and sprinting down the court without dribbling and getting mad at a travel call.

But when ninja went ok let's call it early, and when hamy said no you can't leave there's only 2 more games he just said "I'm leaving right now" idk how you thought it was us leaving and not them

OH MY TJ, that first part I literally fell out of my chair laughing! Come on though that's being a little harsh

• Upvote (+1) 1

STRONGLY disagree with everything here besides optic potentially winning their pool

OpTic house pool confirmed?

:intel:  :intel:  :intel:

I heard that's why Frosty turned down Maniac's offer... rumor has it hitch is looking to throw some poolside bangers

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am really interested to see, how will be the picks&bans system implemented into the pro league. When watching Smite, this is literally the most fun thing for me and it builds a ton of tension even before the match starts.

If done properly, it could really add another layer to both viewers and players experience. I was thinking about how it could work but it raises too many questions. Gametypes are not moba characters. For example strongholds, ctf, slayer (and assault and oddball if they get added) should be all present in every match so your team cannot ban all slayers only becouse it is your weakest gametype. Therefore picks%bans should be based on maps I think, but I have no idea how exactly would that work so it could remain fair at all times.

Also there is no ingame interface for that so I guess there must be some special online app where teams can easily pick and ban so it would smoothly translate to the stream. Can't see it working trough skype chat or such.

Also I hope the studio will be sick and we will get things like post match interviews and in depth stats (not just simple ingame pgcr).

Hope we will get all the info on this soon. Like really soon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i see your logic. i was in commonly's stream, and when the first player on your team left i just remember him saying "oook i guess they are done then?" i must not have heard Ninja. 

accidental neg.  was tired and finger fell on click.

I've got a few options of people that I want to bring in for the next Pro Player Spotlight but I'm going to wait and hold off until we see the results of the Burbank Qualifier. I'm going to try and snag one of the players off the teams that qualified for obvious reasons. 

I'd love to get somebody from Optic or Envy, assuming they get through:) 

Str8 Sick maybe?

• Upvote (+1) 1