CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No offense but the logic is awful. What if your team only won 75k then the org loses money... The point is there is more than just money to an org. Look at Optic for example...

orgs don't make their money from tournament winnings they make their money from sponsorships 

2gre & FiS to Denial?

I don't want a legend like 2gre to have to go to such a terrible organization....

okay i skimmed so i'm not sure if this has been said so far but here's my theory

denial wants to ransom off contra and devonator to the highest bidder but wasn't able to do so until they were "suspended" 

Well, they can do that anyways suspension or not - it's like the Forg1ven situation from League, back when he was with CW. He didn't want to play with them, they withhold salary until the contract is up, hoping that someone will buy him out. In this case it doesn't matter if Devon or Contra want to play, they suspend them for 'conduct detrimental to the team' or some such and wait for buyouts, while saving on salary.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, they can do that anyways suspension or not 

maybe, maybe not

we don't know the exact language of the contract 

In this case it doesn't matter if Devon or Contra want to play, they suspend them for 'conduct detrimental to the team' or some such and wait for buyouts, while saving on salary. 

^this is probably what is happening 

I want EG to be good. I think they have the best shot at challenging CLG. I just don't think shuffling 1 player is going to make a difference. The issues are not the 4th, its the way they play the game.

Maybe just a mentality change, Roybox talk to each other a little different to how they talk to the other two, and I feel that needs to change. I could be wrong on that, but it does sound a bit different.

Does OG2 claw still? If so I dont see why they'd make that big a difference for someone thats been clawing for more than a decade.

When he was first trying his scuf he was talking about how he was still naturally clawing occasionally.  He was just sitting in warzone for a few nights just forcing himself to use paddles.  I'm pretty sure he even said he was hitting the paddles with his pinkies.  

A shame we haven't seen anyone make a change to one player and then dramatically change their entire playstyle

clg-trophy-win.jpg-1c0f31fdb6514b22b404c

Clutch is a coach now, but I get what you're saying. He straight up carried CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Increases audience, promotion, and connects have shown to be very little with how many pros leave their orgs. Almost zero increased audience, very little cross promotion, and no connects.

There was 2 lans this year. That's 2 round trip flights and 6 or 7 days in a hotel. The flights would be around 1000 and the hotels would be around 1000.

Allegiances contract was $1,000 a month for 10% of the prize pool. Allegiance won $500,000. 10% of that is $50,000. One fourth of that is what's taken from an individual player.

So allegiance took $12,500 from you to pay you back $3,000 and saved you around $2,000 on hotels/flights.

Care to explain to me where the other $7,500 becomes remotely worth it? I know Allegiance asked for better cuts and all that, but that's a rough estimate on a contract that's publicly known.

First off, you're using Allegiance's figures which are very minor league for an organization compared to the big league orgs like CLG, EG, etc. If you think an Allegiance player's contract looks anywhere near as lucrative as a CLG player's, you're very mistaken

Regardless, to respond to your first few points, the new audience a player gains doesn't just magically disappear after they leave an org. Look at what joining EG has done for Suspector in just a week. Look at how Lethul's viewership has exploded after joining EG and then leaving them for CLG. In the same essence, the connections you make while you are under an org just don't disappear overnight after you leave that org.

As for cross promotion, please go look at the follower numbers of an organization's Twitter. Those are, for the most part, all people who had minimal exposure to Halo until that org got involved with Halo and started tweeting out when their players have gone live or have published a video on Youtube.

Ola Mikwen and Rayne are running games with Swift Kill.

Sick! This is the team that I said I wanted to see when people were making nV roster predictions. Think it could be a really solid squad.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I approve of this tryout. Swift'll be a good fit with those 3, I think.

Ive been hoping Swift Kill gets on a top team since IG Atlanta. And after the way Elevate showed up at Worlds i cant see why anyone wouldnt give him a shot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

CLG has to crush dreams and scrim those teams.

Would have loved to see maybe-rng vs alg.

EG played well but damn it was still a trio of player picking only 1 new up.. for that their communication was really weird sometimes

• Upvote (+1) 1

2gre would never join denial after two bad situations. He's smart enough to pick a different org. My guess is he would persuade Huke and Bubu to leave denial and join him with different org (Hopefully TSM but who the fuck knows).

• Upvote (+1) 1

EG WON A SCRIM, PRAISE JESUS

32-20 Suspector in that last Fathom CTF game. Hot +12. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh boy.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sogl7v

DENIAL FINAL ROSTER DECISION TO BE MADE TOMORROW

As some of you may know, in esports, org owners are always faced with difficult decisions. In the past i have been forced to make decisions based on loyalty and deciding which players to work with or not work with. Replays always comes to mind when i regret decisions i have made. I did not want that to happen in Halo with Huke. So when the team talked about dropping Huke i immediately wanted to remove myself and think about the repercussions. Cody, Devon and i have had a few misunderstandings as well as them comming into the org with a negative mindset towards orgs because of having to deal with Noble in a negative manner in the past. I had a lot to prove as an org owner to earn their respect. After talking with the team Marcus Jesse Huke and i decided we did not want to make the change and if we couldn't keep the team the same (which we still want to do) we would be going with Jesse and Huke into the future of the game. This ended up resulting in what i did not want to happen with one sided discussions behind players backs and avoiding what i wanted to occur which is transparency. So i decided to tweet that i was benching Cody and Devon to show the community what was going on and make sure we didn't end up causing Jesse and Huke to miss out on potential players. I think it was a mistake but i stand by it and will move forward knowing what to change next time. 

We spent 3 hours talking on skype as a team and i think the whole team learned a lot from it, we will be making final roster decisions tomorrow around 3pm est. I personally would still like to move forward with this 4 knowing that a team needs to develop as a team not individually. #wolfpack

• Upvote (+1) 8