CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Cant tell if RNG got a good or bad pull. They dominate optic in scrims but just lost to them in a tourney, and they have struggled with E6 in scrims. Optic and E6 are literally Ninja Killers. 

Optic because of the history ace,naded,and ninja have.

E6 because of how nerdy and crouchy they play, saw it the other night them crouching around cancels out ninjas agressivness because ninja never gets the first or second shot on them.

Going to be a crazy weekend. I will be posting a lot, and probably make my first youtube predictions video. (seems like people like videos more than paragraphs.)  

Storylines of the tourney

Optic beats RNG.

E6 Reverse sweep

where is lifestyle hope he is ok..

OGRE2 makes it in.

Soul red surprises.

Elevate 

people pretty much knew liquid and NV were going to make it in. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

is that a "wheres lifestyle" picture?

yes and i figured the forums could use more mini games and puzzles 

• Upvote (+1) 2

- snip -

i nominate moses as team beyond member of the month. this dude has been doing it all memes and stats. he's made my forum browsing experience better.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Cant tell if RNG got a good or bad pull. They dominate optic in scrims but just lost to them in a tourney, and they have struggled with E6 in scrims. Optic and E6 are literally Ninja Killers.

Optic because of the history ace,naded,and ninja have.

E6 because of how nerdy and crouchy they play, saw it the other night them crouching around cancels out ninjas agressivness because ninja never gets the first or second shot on them.

Going to be a crazy weekend. I will be posting a lot, and probably make my first youtube predictions video. (seems like people like videos more than paragraphs.)

Storylines of the tourney

Optic beats RNG.

E6 Reverse sweep

where is lifestyle hope he is ok..

OGRE2 makes it in.

Soul red surprises.

Elevate

people pretty much knew liquid and NV were going to make it in.

"Dominate optic in scrims"

They won 4-2?

I wish we could stop playing around with the fact that they need to approach their competition with a different attitude by always making excuses for them based off scrims. Something is not clicking when it comes down to show time.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

the halo community has done so many good deeds like this, really makes you proud to be part of it

oyHyZ2h.jpg

Pretty sure I found him, but don't want to ruin the fun for everyone! Good 'shop.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seems like we're nearing the point where Hysteria's attitude will outweigh his skill. 

Considering he's been asshole since H3, you gotta hand it to him for his longevity. Most people would just learn to stop being an asshole, but dude's not a quitter. 

Jokes aside, it's a shame we won't see LANsteria next weekend. It's only during events do we remember why pros still team with the guy.

• Upvote (+1) 8

"Dominate optic in scrims"

They won 4-2?

I wish we could stop playing around with the fact that they need to approach their competition with a different attitude by always making excuses for them based off scrims. Something is not clicking when it comes down to show time.

to be fair rng did dominate old optic in scrims but this optic is a whole new beast

• Upvote (+1) 1

Like I've been saying for a while, let's get our shit together and start testing out various settings.  Try BR starts with and without Pistol,  Pistol only starts, radar/no radar, etc.  See how they all play and pick the best one. 

The Pistol takes far more skill to use than the BR in this game. I honestly never thought these words would ever leave my mouth, but I think BR starts would do nothing but negatively affect the competitive gameplay. 

the halo community has done so many good deeds like this, really makes you proud to be part of it

9/10 shop. would be 10/10 but you missed the perfect opportunity of shopping T2's face over the guy in jail. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

to be fair rng did dominate old optic in scrims but this optic is a whole new beast

i am going to figure out RNG's problem. Ima do some nerdy, past broadcast, deep diggin body language soul searching research. Because it is honestly confusing.I thought commonly and peng would help but cam had an off day as well today.

OR maybe CamJA just had an off day. it happens. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The Pistol takes far more skill to use than the BR in this game. I honestly never thought these words would ever leave my mouth, but I think BR starts would do nothing but negatively affect the competitive gameplay. 

I agree,  but we should test all the possibilities.  I think ideally the perfect start would be Pistol only, but we will never know if we don't test everything.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

i am going to figure out RNG's problem. Ima do some nerdy, past broadcast, deep diggin body language soul searching research. Because it is honestly confusing.I thought commonly and peng would help but cam had an off day as well today.

OR maybe CamJA just had an off day. it happens. 

Since you've probably watched more of Ninja's stream than I have recently, how would you say Ninja is doing on his "overly aggressive" play style? It's no secret that he's been given a lot of flak for it before, but the Halo 5 meta has been shifting towards a more aggressive style of play. W0uld you say that his aggressive nature is helping the team, or it's still an issue, or it's just not an issue entirely? 

This question is open to anyone, I would really like to hear your opinions.

Can someone explain why pool play is the preferred format? Why didn't we just do a round of 16 tournament with a loser bracket, then use the top 8 to seed a round of 8 tournament with a losers bracket?? Genuinely curious why pool play is always the go to now?

• Upvote (+1) 1

(Where's Gary)

I'm so tilted because Gary isn't where Waldo is supposed to be on that.

Like... Waldo is completely missing from the spot he's ACTUALLY placed on that puzzle.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree,  but we should test all the possibilities.  I think ideally the perfect start would be Pistol only, but we will never know if we don't test everything.  

I think that's a good theory on paper, but in practice it'd be a waste of time. BR starts would as bad as DMR starts or AR starts - okay, it wouldn't be as bad as AR starts but that's besides the point. 

I think there are two major testings that need to happen (in order of importance):

1) No Radar

2) Pistol only starts

• Upvote (+1) 1

found him, took me a minute and some change. lets go!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja on the ogre twins

"i never played with ogre 1 only ogre 2, but the first time i played against them both i s**t my pants"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since you've probably watched more of Ninja's stream than I have recently, how would you say Ninja is doing on his "overly aggressive" play style? It's no secret that he's been given a lot of flak for it before, but the Halo 5 meta has been shifting towards a more aggressive style of play. W0uld you say that his aggressive nature is helping the team, or it's still an issue, or it's just not an issue entirely? 

This question is open to anyone, I would really like to hear your opinions.

well. he only slows down when commonly tell him to. other than that hes still super aggressive but his pistol skill has gotten better so being over aggressive has worked in his favor recently. when the server is bad and he cant hit those shots he dies a lot.

Like I've been saying for a while, let's get our shit together and start testing out various settings.  Try BR starts with and without Pistol,  Pistol only starts, radar/no radar, etc.  See how they all play and pick the best one. 

The only way these settings will be implemented is if pros push for them. Pros aren't going to play something that isn't in the circuit, they're playing all they can on the current rule set.

Can someone explain why pool play is the preferred format? Why didn't we just do a round of 16 tournament with a loser bracket, then use the top 8 to seed a round of 8 tournament with a losers bracket?? Genuinely curious why pool play is always the go to now?

Doesn't take as long + reduces chance of a team getting bracket fucked I guess? 

The qualification LAN is the same format as today correct? Just only two groups of 4 instead of four groups of 4? 

It's simply qualifying for the pro league. Doesn't matter who wins just that the teams get put into the league.

Hate to say it but right now, Pistol only starts doesn't make sense. With the abundance of SMGs and Storm Rifles on maps, you NEED to have an AR off spawn to put up a decent fight in close quarters.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dear Halo Gods,

Please let Randa and Hysteria play against eachother in the LCQ.

Praise be to the servers, may they ever be in your favor.

Do explain what happened between them two please thanks.

I was honestly looking for Gary the snail for like 5 minutes until I realized that I found it. I hate you  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do roster locks work for teams in the pro league? Like say OpTic makes pro league, can they make a team change from after they qualify to the start of the pro league? Or is there a roster swap 'time' during the pro league of some sort?