CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Calling out an entire community rather than the individual. He really knows how to get on someone's good side. Weak

Well the entire community hit him pretty hard the first time. I am honestly surprised he still lurks.

2gre & FiS to Denial?

2gre possibly, but that would be too big of a jump in terms of quality teammates for FIS imo. (you dont go from not qualifying for regionals to teaming with two players on a top 3-4 team)

I believe all that was put on twitter was that a player was suspended, same way any single league from any traditional sport puts out publicly that a player was suspended for disciplinary issues.

I can almost understand doing that but the entire scenario is so out of context compared to what happens in actual sports that it just seems like a great way to bait twitter arguments with your own players and give yourself bad publicity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean its early and we don't know how good Allegiance is, but I'm starting to agree that EG isnt going to be able to just plug in a 4th and become a 1st place team.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think we should all really agree on the fact that we're in denial about how funny this Denial situation looks in its v2 form.

• Upvote (+1) 4

okay i skimmed so i'm not sure if this has been said so far but here's my theory

denial wants to ransom off contra and devonator to the highest bidder but wasn't able to do so until they were "suspended" 

• Upvote (+1) 2

lol, "benching" players. I'm dying of laughter over here. Like, how does that even work? Is he going to take their xbox away?

And the supposed reasoning is even worse.

Someone tell Robby Ringnalda that it ain't April 1st yet, stop with the jokes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we should all really agree on the fact that we're in denial about how funny this Denial situation looks in its v2 form.

+ just for the awful pun lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol, "benching" players. I'm dying of laughter over here. And the supposed reasoning is even worse.

Someone tell Robby Ringnalda that it ain't April 1st yet, stop with the jokes.

Did I miss the reasoning? I thought all we heard was "disciplinary reason".

I mean its early and we don't know how good Allegiance is, but I'm starting to agree that EG isnt going to be able to just plug in a 4th and become a 1st place team.

This is like the first night EG has played any sort of competitive Halo since Worlds. 

Winning the series is pretty good considering. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Regarding 2gre maybe teaming with huke and Bubu: Evidently 2gre just started using paddles a week or so ago. They don't make a huge difference, but from watching him and looking at his stat lines it does seem to me that 2gre has been slaying better already. Maybe it is just placebo though so idk. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did I miss the reasoning? I thought all we heard was "disciplinary reason".

"supposed reasoning". You quoted it earlier. The Huke/Devon issue. If that is the case, that is the lamest thing I've ever heard.

got bored watching teams trade wins. update on that eg alg series? tbh would have rather watched alg scrim rng.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sponsorships? Compensated flight and hotel? Increased audience? Cross promotion? Connects?

Increases audience, promotion, and connects have shown to be very little with how many pros leave their orgs. Almost zero increased audience, very little cross promotion, and no connects.

There was 2 lans this year. That's 2 round trip flights and 6 or 7 days in a hotel. The flights would be around 1000 and the hotels would be around 1000.

Allegiances contract was $1,000 a month for 10% of the prize pool. Allegiance won $500,000. 10% of that is $50,000. One fourth of that is what's taken from an individual player.

So allegiance took $12,500 from you to pay you back $3,000 and saved you around $2,000 on hotels/flights.

Care to explain to me where the other $7,500 becomes remotely worth it? I know Allegiance asked for better cuts and all that, but that's a rough estimate on a contract that's publicly known.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Regarding 2gre maybe teaming with huke and Bubu: Evidently 2gre just started using paddles a week or so ago. They don't make that big of a difference, but from watching him and looking at his stat lines it does seem to me that 2gre has been slaying better already. Maybe it is just placebo though so idk. 

I'm going to have to disagree and say paddles make big difference in halo 5. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

"supposed reasoning". You quoted it earlier. The Huke/Devon issue. If that is the case, that is the lamest thing I've ever heard.

The only thing I've heard is that the SUSPENSION is for a DISCIPLINARY ISSUE. Everything else is just players arguing with Denial and Huke evidently being unhappy with Devon or Contra's practice ethic. Those are separate issues.

Increases audience, promotion, and connects have shown to be very little with how many pros leave their orgs. Almost zero increased audience, very little cross promotion, and no connects.

There was 2 lans this year. That's 2 round trip flights and 6 or 7 days in a hotel. The flights would be around 1000 and the hotels would be around 1000.

Allegiances contract was $1,000 a month for 10% of the prize pool. Allegiance won $500,000. 10% of that is $50,000. One fourth of that is what's taken from an individual player.

So allegiance took $12,500 from you to pay you back $3,000 and saved you around $2,000 on hotels/flights.

Care to explain to me where the other $7,500 becomes remotely worth it? I know Allegiance asked for better cuts and all that, but that's a rough estimate on a contract that's publicly known.

No offense but the logic is awful. What if your team only won 75k then the org loses money... The point is there is more than just money to an org. Look at Optic for example...

• Upvote (+1) 4