CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

When people see me on Halo they ask me "how much for the gamer tag" 

IDDZWxZ.png

im guilty of asking the OG "would" to buy his. he has not been on live for like 4 years =/

im guilty of asking the OG "would" to buy his. he has not been on live for like 4 years =/

I'm hoping they do another cleanup of old gamertags now that the 360 is EOL. I know they did it a few years ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Two incredible players in 2 iconic video games

ChTfZYaUgAAnjrC.jpg

Walshy and? Is that Dick from High Fidelity?

1364316765233.jpg

• Downvote (-1) 3

So, if no one from a team is streaming, we won't be able to watch that match?

I wanted to see Sentinels playing. RIP my dreams.

I messaged the Quinny Gamertag during the Halo 3 days, saw he was a 50 who played alot so I asked him to 1v1 for the gamertag. Im still waiting for him to accept :(

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thanks Tiberius, I wholeheartedly agree. If you gain a lead by two kills and decide to play passively, you're not making it very difficult at all for the opposing team to catch up to you. If you're trailing by two, then slow the game down you've now brought everything back up to 4v4 and the opposing team is just as likely to get a pick and force numbers as your team is. 

Listening to Walsh cast a game on Rig Slayer, said something to the effect that he doesn't like the idea of teams getting one pick then pushing numbers to flip control of the map. He said he would rather hold inside/bunker area after you get two kills. I love Walshy but I really feel like this passive style is an outdated understanding of the meta. Top teams like CLG know to push number advantages after even getting one kill because it allows them to gain a snowball effect of developing a lead in a gametype like Slayer. 

I was wondering where I could learn stuff like this? I'm really interested to learn all the strategy stuff but it's hard to find a good source. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was wondering where I could learn stuff like this? I'm really interested to learn all the strategy stuff but it's hard to find a good source.

Follow Tiberius Audley on twitch.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If you want to learn, you need to try and absorb as much Halo as possible - both through playing and watching streams.  When watching streams, you can't just passively watch what's going on.  You need to be actively paying attention, questioning why the pro (or whoever) you're watching is doing what they're doing.  And if they die, what they could have done differently.

Personally, I can attribute a lot of what I've learned from playing with or against pros and watching pro streams.  Specifically Elumnite.  I subbed his stream a couple months back, and he has taught me so much.  He does sub games CONSTANTLY.  During and after games he lets his team know things to work on.  About a month ago I was barely around Onyx 1800 in Arena, after learning from Elumnite, I've gotten to 2200 (without seriously grinding).  

I'll have EGLx on in the background, but will be focused mainly on finding matchups in the LAN qualifier. 

Awesome day of Halo.

There isn't any one place but there are multiple resources. Like someone said, Tibs videos can be useful and some members on here like @ have written lengthy posts in other threads trying to spur discussion about the meta and strategy. Not trying to self-promote in any way, but he and I are also part of a community discord where many of us regularly play custom 8s and discuss strategies and have a resource page that has compiled various source of information that can help you improve your gameplay and understanding of the game. I can PM you the link to the discord if you like. Dont worry about your own abilities because the discord has members of a variety of skill levels. 

There is one statement that applies to every competitive game: When you're ahead, GET FURTHER AHEAD.

8Zp5jvL.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Also, thought this was funny. For those who saw Spartan's montage yesterday, you may have noticed members from ANZ team x5 made multiple appearances. Here's one of their players reactions to the video. 

LOL

some posts deserve more +rep than others, we need 'Super Plus Rep'