HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

n36EHBe.jpg

v2

if i forgot you please bitch at me and i promise i'll add you to the senate

Mom, take the camera!
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

too long

if i missed anyone just complain about it and i'll save ur avy and add you!

I didn't see this beautiful Venom avi in there.....who doesn't want an alien symbiotic there?  :kappa:

Edit: I take that back. Venom is there. You are the man. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I literally didn't say that in any way, but ok.

Then what are you trying to say? You said a bunch of stuff about the game being unpopular, using no region lock and no party restrictions to back it up. Your conclusion was that MM is horrible because the game is unpopular. Then you asked Snakebite to push harder to get 343 to 'fix this game'. Fix what? Snakebite's post directly mentions the he doesn't have many issues with settings, you quoted it. So now you're trying to tell me that your first paragraph about the game's unpopularity has nothing to with your second paragraph. It's just something you threw in, completely unrelated. Okay.

Is it though? I feel as though a lot of the pros and people that are wrapped up in pro "stuff" are kind of living in this fantasy world where h5 is ok and everything is alright. Let's be real here. The population of this game is so low that all region locks are gone(yay lag out the ass) and they cannot institute any kind of party restrictions(yay parties of 4 out the ass). The MM experience for most people is utter shit because this game is so unpopular.

You like the game the way it is. That's awesome. For you. Unfortunately most people don't agree with you. At some point it would be cool for the rest of us if you guys could look at the big picture and take advantage of your prominent positions to try to fix this game or more importantly, fix the road this franchise is going down. Maybe you are pushing. Maybe you guys are bringing stuff up to 343. Please push more. Please push harder.

Some thoughts to the contrary...

I don't know what fantasy world we're living in, but H5 is clearly OK. As people have said, it could use some tweaks here and there, but it's a great game that's a lot of fun to play.

Pretty sure region locks are gone because the EU experience was miserable. I haven't experienced any additional lag (as an American) since they made the change.

I think the parties of 4 issue is exaggerated. It's certainly an easy excuse for me when I'm solo-searching and get destroyed, and I use it often in the moment when tilted... but it seems like 8/10 times I'll go back and see that I was actually playing two teams of 2 or even four solos. By the way, even if it were a major issue, this is easily remedied by solo searching a couple games and finding some cool people to team up with. It's fun.

"Most people". I haven't seen any evidence that suggests most people dislike this game. I have seen people dislike the Arena experience (since fixed, the gametype/map combos are almost all great now, aside from Empire SH, thanks for listening 343!). But yea, I think there's just a very loud minority that continuously express their disgust with the experience for whatever reasons. I think "most people" would agree that it's not that dire and the game is pretty good.

"Please push more. Please push harder."

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

"The new 24/7 esports channel will feature broadcasts of all of ESL’s biggest events including ESL One, Intel Extreme Masters as well as Pro League competitions..."

Holy shit this could be huge.

Edit: @@Timo @@Vivi can you clarify?

Can't confirm at this point that HCS Pro League will be part of the programming. 

n36EHBe.jpg

v2

if i forgot you please bitch at me and i promise i'll add you to the senate 

Looking for myself like. 

giphy.gif

200.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

well my lurking days are over, finally wanted to post something bad enough.

It amazes me, thinking about it, how good of a job 343 did with H5's 'out of the box settings', considering how many updates and versions halo 3 and halo reach got to them. IMO H5 only needs small nerfs to the AR/storm rifle, and two more solid maps. It would be cool if one of those maps was a fan made forge map, obviously approved by the community or pros.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Genuinely curious, if the current HCS settings had no radar, does anyone on this forum actually think there would be a larger number of people asking for radar to be implemented?

If the current settings were no radar, what arguments would people be giving in favor of replacing no radar with radar?

Then what are you trying to say? You said a bunch of stuff about the game being unpopular, using no region lock and no party restrictions to back it up. Your conclusion was that MM is horrible because the game is unpopular. Then you asked Snakebite to push harder to get 343 to 'fix this game'. Fix what? Snakebite's post directly mentions the he doesn't have many issues with settings, you quoted it. So now you're trying to tell me that your first paragraph about the game's unpopularity has nothing to with your second paragraph. It's just something you threw in, completely unrelated. Okay.

I didn't mention ARs or radar.

Did you notice I said the most important thing to "fix" is the overarching road this franchise is heading down?

So who will be the one to restore balance to the HCS?  Who will fulfill the prophesy?  :walshy: 

E6. They are the most powerful eSports organization in the world  galaxy

• Upvote (+1) 5

Can't confirm at this point that HCS Pro League will be part of the programming. 

When a Purple name responds, I instantly get excited.

Finally, I find it funny that any Pro player who speaks out against the current settings (Naded) is a champion for the community...but we should ignore the comments of pro's who take less issue with the settings... because they are obviously biased by their Halo5 income...

This is so backwards. When Snakebite makes a post about it, he's told "finally, a pro speaks their mind about the issues". When Naded does the same, he gets called salty, and every excuse under the sun is pulled for him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't mention ARs or radar.

Did you notice I said the most important thing to "fix" is the overarching road this franchise is heading down?

The conversation started about settings. You quoted a post Snakebite made where he said he was mostly okay with settings. Most settings discussions are about AR balance or radar. Your contribution to the topic is 

"the most important thing to "fix" is the overarching road this franchise is heading down"

ROFL

You're exactly the type of poster he's talking about. Not one single constructive thing said, feedback that's not in any way specific or remotely helpful.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even when they are saying "I can't answer that question at this time"

?

• Upvote (+1) 8

dPJhgzQ.jpg

the HCS senate

Awesome

Halo lobbyists holla at your boy

Some thoughts to the contrary...

I don't know what fantasy world we're living in, but H5 is clearly OK. As people have said, it could use some tweaks here and there, but it's a great game that's a lot of fun to play.

Pretty sure region locks are gone because the EU experience was miserable. I haven't experienced any additional lag (as an American) since they made the change.

I think the parties of 4 issue is exaggerated. It's certainly an easy excuse for me when I'm solo-searching and get destroyed, and I use it often in the moment when tilted... but it seems like 8/10 times I'll go back and see that I was actually playing two teams of 2 or even four solos. By the way, even if it were a major issue, this is easily remedied by solo searching a couple games and finding some cool people to team up with. It's fun.

"Most people". I haven't seen any evidence that suggests most people dislike this game. I have seen people dislike the Arena experience (since fixed, the gametype/map combos are almost all great now, aside from Empire SH, thanks for listening 343!). But yea, I think there's just a very loud minority that continuously express their disgust with the experience for whatever reasons. I think "most people" would agree that it's not that dire and the game is pretty good.

"Please push more. Please push harder."

giphy.gif

How is it "clearly ok"? The game hasn't been able to crack the xbl top 10 population chart in ages. The xb1 install base of h5 is quite big (compared to other game's sales on XB1 it sold a lot). Sales wise it would place somewhere in the #2-5 spot amongst the games on the population chart. That is a massive disparity.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dude you just like to take shots a people. Maybe If you were as passionate about Halo as you are about stirring crap on the forums you wouldn't be Plat 6.

Oh hello again! I'd forgotten about you. Good to know you're still thinking about me... That means I made an impression ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I almost want my purple name back to make you happy in life.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even when they are saying "I can't answer that question at this time"

?

At least it's an answer.

For real though, it is just very much appreciated that you guys come and interact with the community.

:fire:

I almost want my purple name back to make you happy in life.

The Golden Moa makes me very happy.