CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Snipedown said they were taking a break, not sure why.

if i heard correctly, he will be going to eglx in toronto for the Halo tournament no one heard about since EG already qualified for the pro league. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone know why EG isn't scrimming this week?

Roy said Suspector has finals this week and is going to get a car or some shit.

Won't be scrimming tonight but possibly tomorrow? Idk.

All I know is, they're gonna be so damn rusty when they get back to scrimming. 

yeah your first point is what I was basically trying to get at.

Your second point brings up an interesting question though. Does CLG win because they're emotionless or are they emotionless because they're always winning? Similarly in H2A EG was always touted as the emotionless team and their top tier composure elevated them above everyone else. But now in H5 when they're not winning as much everyone mentions that they're always tilting and arguing. So will something similar happen if/when CLG start losing?

I personally think it's more of a personality thing. For example, Optic Gamings COD team gets pretty loud/hype/plays with more emotions and feeds off of it. CLG being the undisputed best team is definitely that extra assurance that they should never panic though.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

dPJhgzQ.jpg

the HCS senate

jesus christ

:fire:  :fire:  :fire:

All thats left is for Halo Waypoint to call a vote of no confidence in chancellor Beyond's leadership

Nah they'd be Jar Jar, giving 343 too much power and we go into dark times of an empire because of it.

All I know is, they're gonna be so damn rusty when they get back to scrimming. 

Or they could be like me, and stop playing for a few days, go back and just shit on everything in sight, for one night

• Upvote (+1) 1

You are better than this.

I want you to think very hard about this...

Am I?

I'm at work and posting from mobile so if anything has changed I'm unaware, but I wanted to say something about @@GoldenboyFTW.

If it's true and he ends up leaving the caster booth, I think it will be a shame. It's been fun to watch him grow and mature on the mic alongside the HCS. I can't blame him if he wants to call it quits. The community criticizes him a lot, and it always seems to affect him pretty strongly. I hope he doesn't believe it is with malicious intent. If it was me, I'd be glad that other people cared enough to critique my performance and help me improve.

When I was in high school I had a few teachers try to nudge me into being an announcer or caster for sports. And you know what? I never did it. I'm afraid of public speaking and have always been shy in front of groups of people. What Goldenboy and the other casters do is something not many of us here on this forum are bold enough to do, I would wager. There are exceptions, but it's easy to sit here and type away about what he or any other casters could do better when we don't do it ourselves.

Hopefully you don't take people's thoughts about your casting as attacks on you, @@GoldenboyFTW. Everybody here knows you have the potential to be a serious T1 caster along with guys like Monte from League and Tirico from NFL. We wouldn't offer criticism at all if we didn't think you were capable of even better things. I saw you live at PAX and even if you thought it was a weak event for you, your passion for the Halo community is absolutely not in question. I hope you don't hang 'em up, but if you do, it's our loss as a community. Most of us associate your voice with Halo's reemergence on the field of competitive gaming, and we will always be thankful for that.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I just noticed Optic is in there twice. We already have corruption in the senate

EGs in there 4 times  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just noticed Optic is in there twice. We already have corruption in the senate

Hecz has his boys vote early and vote often, the Boss Tweed of Optic's New Tammany Hall Gaming House, coming to you in 2017.

• Upvote (+1) 2

FORMAL IS BACK MOSES HAS THE  :intel:  :mj:  :dank:  :dank:  :prayers:  :cash:  :fire:  :dank:  :lxthul:  :dank:  :fire:  :holmes:  :simms:  :dank:  :dank:

Is that not what Vin was saying? I read his post as it won't be a cakewalk for nV to place top 4 because there will be other teams just as capable of taking that spot competing against them(ALG,Liquid,etc.). 

huh, maybe. I guess I read it differently. Sorry for misconstruing if so @@VinFTW

the HCS senate

I really have the best seat in the house. I'm next to the meme lord so you know I'm gonna have a good time and I've got Fletch next to me so possible Spotlight featuring me.  :intel:

I'm loving this picture, so wallpapering this.

I'm merely commenting on the minor temper tantrum he threw via twitter and TB, obviously wanting people to notice and feel sorry for him. Just a bizarre way to handle it.

Dude you just like to take shots a people. Maybe If you were as passionate about Halo as you are about stirring crap on the forums you wouldn't be Plat 6.
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I personally think it's more of a personality thing. For example, Optic Gamings COD team gets pretty loud/hype/plays with more emotions and feeds off of it. CLG being the undisputed best team is definitely that extra assurance that they should never panic though.

It definitely is. I am generally more subdued when I play CoD or Halo, but my buddy gets hype all the time. Some people handle stress differently.