CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I agree that the constant feedback telling him to retire and coach influenced his decision but I don't think it was from TB as much as the Optic fan base. His Twitch chat and Youtube comments are always a barrage of people saying these things. People say it on here occasionally but not as often, plus I doubt he keeps up with these forums.

This times 100. If any of you have gone on the Optic subreddit or looked at the comment section of Flamesword's videos you would get a clear picture of how toxic the Optic fanbase was towards him. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Damn man. W0uld makes 2 terrible posts and gets cut from the casting team, just like that??

I don't even need to watch game of thrones anymore, this caster back stabbing is enough to fuel my strategic needs for a few months!

Hardly backstabbing. We were talking on Twitter in DM's through the entire discussion and prior to me posting this. I was straight forward with him from the get go. While I wouldn't deny that the posts had a minor part in the decision, its largely because I want to get myself to a level I'm comfortable with prior to going public. @@W0uld is on a level where he's already doing public casting, and while improving...is happy with the content he releases. I'm not on that level yet. If I'm going to release content, I expect it to be in a much better place than it is already.

I told @@W0uld that I'd love to create content with him in the near future, and work together and he knows I'm sincere about that. I just want to bring myself up to a level I'm proud of individually before I bring other people in to the fold. I may have jumped the gun prior. I dont see anything wrong with working on my own game before working with somebody else to create a mutual venture.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The only way OpTic improves from FS going to coaching is if they pick up someone like Frosty. OpTic was looking really good and had a lot of room to improve, but now they are going to be behind again. Years of chemistry between Ace and Maniac thrown out the window, mixed with the fact that they are most likely getting a worse player this close to roster lock. They're going to have to steal someone from CLG or EG for this change to have any positive effect on the team, and that's not happening.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Optic Danoxide? Danoxide I feel is severely underrated. 

He's better than people give him credit for but this would be more of a lateral movement rather than a step up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But could that tag beat '07 FB?

Arguably assuming '07 FB had to pay more than $1000 a month for their apartment using the PEMDAS method.

Also on topic, did anyone consider that Assault and Danoxide have usually been running together but now Danoxide doesn't think he'll have a team and OG has an opening...

Optic Assault?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hardly backstabbing. We were talking on Twitter in DM's through the entire discussion and prior to me posting this. I was straight forward with him from the get go. While I wouldn't deny that the posts had a minor part in the decision, its largely because I want to get myself to a level I'm comfortable with prior to going public. @@W0uld is on a level where he's already doing public casting, and while improving...is happy with the content he releases. I'm not on that level yet. If I'm going to release content, I expect it to be in a much better place than it is already.

I told @@W0uld that I'd love to create content with him in the near future, and work together and he knows I'm sincere about that. I just want to bring myself up to a level I'm proud of individually before I bring other people in to the fold. I may have jumped the gun prior. I dont see anything wrong with working on my own game before working with somebody else to create a mutual venture.

@@FlizzyFletch we back?

• Upvote (+1) 1

EU Storm on the way

WAIT COULD THIS BE Optic Jimbo!?!?!

The roster has improved drastically since you were last considering the option...They've reached out to enough players, why not @@Jimbo!

• Upvote (+1) 2

WAIT COULD THIS BE Optic Jimbo!?!?!

The roster has improved drastically since you were last considering the option...They've reached out to enough players, why not @@Jimbo!

Think he is referring to the official announcement of Snipedrone leaving, but I would love me some @@Jimbo on Optic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Visa issues, I've tried before :)

Damn! Thats unfortunate. Have you guys secured a new fourth yet if Snipe is officially off?

When do your rosters lock?

Visa issues, I've tried before :)

I hear Hecz can work some magic for foreign players (he did for the CSGO team). 

• Upvote (+1) 2

EU Storm on the way

if anyone cares   :kappa:

We care  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

So Optic's 4th is a secret? Cloud feels like a lateral move and I dont see why Flame would step down. Why sacrifice the chemistry they have? If he transitioned to coaching the day of the deadline without a replacement secured, then Optic isnt thinking this through.

Damn! Thats unfortunate. Have you guys secured a new fourth yet if Snipe is officially off?

When do your rosters lock?

Our Roster lock is Sunday.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I teamed with him for almost 4 months. If you have beef with Tyler YOU have the problem. Honestly one of the kindest humans I've met.

If you don't think we deserved top 4 at world's YOU don't watch enough halo. We won our first seed out of pool fair and square beating the team that got 2nd last event. That put us in a prime position to win one match and be top 4. All we can do is play who's put in front of us.

Honestly hope you succeed. But youre making it damn hard on yourself and your approach to how you want to handle relationships with players is awful. You gotta understand if you PUBLICLY bash a player AND the team they were on you're digging yourself a hole/burning bridges. Something you can't afford.

lol, you tha man. I was extremely pleased that you teamed with Ola/Mikwen. How's it been so far? You guys seem really relaxed and constructive most of the time

The only way OpTic improves from FS going to coaching is if they pick up someone like Frosty. OpTic was looking really good and had a lot of room to improve, but now they are going to be behind again. Years of chemistry between Ace and Maniac thrown out the window, mixed with the fact that they are most likely getting a worse player this close to roster lock. They're going to have to steal someone from CLG or EG for this change to have any positive effect on the team, and that's not happening.

Years? Maniac only joined Optic Gaming in March of last year and Ace joined liquid in August... so Maniac FS and Ace were only on the same team for 5 months at most...

How many times have we had this conversation? It's not happening.

But TB got Breakout removed and FS to retire.  Surely Formal comes back too if enough  :dank:  memes are used.

• Upvote (+1) 2

EU Storm on the way

if anyone cares   :kappa:

Have you guys posted anything on what led to this decision? If so where can I find it? If not care to explain here?