CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Know @@Spartan 's post will get a ton of + rep, but does anyone else think posting PMs isn't cool?

It's not like he's exposing someones shadiness or anything. 

Everyone's well aware Ace and Optic are desperately searching for a 4th before the deadline, I don't think Ace would mind it being posted.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is pretty classic Optic though. They probably wanted to build up the announcement and wait for the Vision video to drop to announce it. Now they're pretty much out of time to pick someone up, letting everyone know they're looking for one the NIGHT OF roster lock, without time to run games with multiple players or put feelers out. Whether or not the business side made them wait, they're still now in a scramble.

Edit: Cue Optic fan down votes for an accurate assessment of the situation.

You realized that all of the halo stuff was filmed on Sunday right? I hate to be to one to break it to you but just because it was on twitch doesn't mean that it was live....

This will probably be controversial, but this is what I felt when I heard Flamesword was switching to coaching Optic.

I feel that we, as the community, played a large role in making this decision come to fruition. There are pages and pages about how Flamesword should become a coach ever since Halo 5 dropped (and even a bit before that). It was massive the amount of people that came to this conclusion and decided to argue for it. So much so, that Flamesword even responded in a video about how he has no plans of retiring as a player anytime soon.

So he clearly he heard our voices. And thus, the seed was planted into his head. And there it grew and grew and festered more and more as Optic continued to struggle as a team.

Now I believe firmly that Flamesword will make a FANTASTIC coach, but what really bothers me is that it was US that made this happen. Without the constant chatter about how Flamesword should retire and become the coach I firmly believe he wouldn't have even considered it for a long while.

Flamesword is still an incredible player, and it saddens me that he's switching to coaching so soon.

Idk, this is just how I feel about the situation and it bothered me so I felt like I needed to say something.

TLDR;

This is how I feel we affected Flamesword's decision:

KbyGzzR.gif

Flamesword doesn't seem the type to base important decisions on the opinions of a forum community that he never posts on.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's not like he's exposing someones shadiness or anything. 

Everyone's well aware Ace and Optic are desperately searching for a 4th before the deadline, I don't think Ace would mind it being posted.

You don't think he would mind PRIVATE messages being made public?

• Upvote (+1) 8

I feel like people are super unfairly judging OpTic for trying to get players...

What are they supposed to do? Of course they are going to message great players to join or players that they've run with before. Clearly they are trying to form their most competitive roster, not go to the magical list of available players and deal with bottom of the barrel. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Flamesword doesn't seem the type to base important decisions on the opinions of a forum community that he never posts on.

just because he doesn't post doesn't mean he isn't watching 

• Upvote (+1) 8

TLDR;

This is how I feel we affected Flamesword's decision:

I agree that the constant feedback telling him to retire and coach influenced his decision but I don't think it was from TB as much as the Optic fan base. His Twitch chat and Youtube comments are always a barrage of people saying these things. People say it on here occasionally but not as often, plus I doubt he keeps up with these forums.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Meh, I don't normally condone posting of DMs or PM, but usually its because they actually consist of private matters or things that would not be wanted public. The stuff Spartan posted wasn't controversial or anything. He could have just said "Ace contacted me about teaming, I said no. He told me to watch my back" though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wondering if I could sell one of Flameswords old sQ speaker tags for some life changing money since he's retired....

:kappa:

But could that tag beat '07 FB? 

I'm taking flamesword retiring a lot harder than i thought i would  :tear:

i know right. I don't even care who becomes their fourth, Flame retiring sucks  :tear:  :mj:

literally wouldn't have started following competitive halo again or found these forums without him

• Upvote (+1) 3

i know right. I don't even care who becomes their fourth, Flame retiring sucks  :tear:  :mj:

literally wouldn't have started following competitive halo again or found these forums without him

He'll be back, hell he'll probably be back on optic considering they have a different 4th every event

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any bold predictions for tonight fellas? Tonight is like our Christmas.

Now that the idea was brought to my attention, Kampy with @@Vetoed would be sick.