EG

3rd tier

Liquid

NV

4th tier

Optic

E6

ALG

Idk, I kind of feel that any team from 2-8 can compete for any spot in that field. I think the only sure fire bet is CLG first. I think the rest comes down to whose hot and whose not

• Upvote (+1) 2

tumblr_lvavkdCV7b1qbifwuo1_500.gif

Tom pls  dont do tis to us.  :tear:

Edit : FULL GREEN BAR LET's GO !!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Had to travel for work last week and was in meetings every day.  Over 100 pages to catch up on....would greatly appreciate anyone taking the time to catch me up.  Thanks in advance!

The storyline of the tournament was the 4 ALG players and we just happened to have one of them going off. Also, I like Commonly but being dropped from the team who just won the tournament and seeing your replacement going off (because he did) would raise the sodium levels.

But hey, sometimes I just say stuff to say stuff.

For me, part of the problem with talking so much about storylines and narratives in tournaments is that (especially for people who keep up with scrims and the community, twitter, etc) it very quickly starts to feel like the casters are unintentionally bending reality to fit the narrative instead of just looking at what's there -- maybe a better way to say that is that it can feel like you all are trying too hard to find, create or inflate drama.

I think this example with Commonly shows how that can reflect poorly and maybe in an unfair way on the individual players involved, and that's really unfortunate. If you talk to EG about why they dropped Commonly, it has nothing to do with his "lack of aggression." Every time, they mention his communication and say that while they have an immense amount of respect for him as an individual player, he just didn't mesh well with their team. I have not heard any of the people involved in the decision mention "aggression" once since Commonly was dropped. In fact, to the contrary: during the first scrim that Towey commented over Commonly's POV (on youtube) he says that Hamy is incredibly fast and aggressive, and actually made EG play more aggressively than they had before they picked him up. Here's one of multiple examples from that scrim: https://youtu.be/_SAUvL38RRI?t=203

Not trying to dump on you or single you out Goldenboy, just trying to point out why this particular example rubbed some people the wrong way. Stuff like this happens all the time, and when it does usually I just wish the casters would either a) talk to the pro players or coaches to let them talk about the events that have been unfolding in their own words, or b) stick to the game at hand and not try to stir up so much artificial drama. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Link to article/source?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/campaign-relief

Quote: "In addition, teams across the studio are hard at work on a variety of updates, including many that come straight from feedback you’ve given us. Modes and playlists like Infection, matchmaking preference options, more Forge goodness, UI updates and post-game medals, Campaign balance updates (more on that in just a bit), and lots more that I can’t talk about just yet is in the works. Many of these will be landing with Memories of Reach, which is currently slated for an early May release."

Set your expectations - nowhere does it mention server selection, just preference options. It could be as simple as "prefer good skill" similar to Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Had to travel for work last week and was in meetings every day. Over 100 pages to catch up on....would greatly appreciate anyone taking the time to catch me up. Thanks in advance!

EG won pax.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Had to travel for work last week and was in meetings every day.  Over 100 pages to catch up on....would greatly appreciate anyone taking the time to catch me up.  Thanks in advance!

'07 FB, is the HWC money life changing, pro league info, and tons of discussion about this past weekends tournament.  Also, lots of memes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I only had 1 issue with the casting. It's good to talk about what suspector/any new member of a team does for them, but when you compare them to the person that was dropped you shouldn't say stuff that isn't true just for the sake of saying it. Commonly is in no way a passive player and broadcasting to the fans that his lack of aggression is the reason why eg didn't do well just isn't right. Its true suspector is an aggressive player but he's no more aggressive than commonly, if you wanna find something to say you can go about it by saying "EGs aggression with suspector is working well for them" because that's a true statement without randomly saying lies about another players playstyle.

It's like if CLG randomly started being super uncoordinated and losing a lot then they drop snakebite and pick someone up then became coordinate again, you can't randomly lie about the type of player snakebite is and say "Yeah snakebite just wasn't an in game leader and that's what clg needed"

Also not saying this because commonly is on my team, it'll be like that if it was any player. When you're in the position to commentate suff for thousands and thousands of people I think the only things you state about a pro player should be based of facts and not baseless. I've said multiple times how much i enjoy goldenboys casting and this is the only feedback I have for all casters this weekend. Also, sorry if these was drawn out I kept spacing out while typing and I'm not going back to read it lmao sorry!

Its been an issue with the casters forever. 

I can't help but to feel that only NOW it's becoming a big deal to everybody because it's affecting RNG, the "community's team" (Commonly, Ninja, and now you posting). Their knowledge in-game and out has been atrocious for way too long now.

We should have had Pros proclaiming change w/ analysts and casters for a long time now. I know you say its not just about a perosn on your team, but still, I haven't seen posts like this since... I don't know, a long time.

I wish we could get a Maven and Mr. X, or Thorin and Moses combo :(

We still have a long way to go in the production department (Vivi, Tashi, Che, Lenox, anybody else on the HCS team who's watching). 

• Upvote (+1) 3

What a great tournament yesterday was, these teams and Halo 5 are giving us so many friggin highlights and great moments. LOVED hearing the crowd go off during the clutch moments, great to hear it was at capacity. 

Also I love our Halo commentators, I feel a lot of peoples complaints are ones not really specific to Halo's casters but are pitfalls of casting in general. The casters casting that crazy 1 million viewer-ship CS tournament a while was no better then our quality of casting. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The railgun is overpowered, but what makes it even worse is seeing players fly around a corner knowing exactly where to aim it because of radar

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The railgun is overpowered, but what makes it even worse is seeing players fly around a corner knowing exactly where to aim it because of radar

Never change  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Chess is a historic game, you cant tell me that the reason why there has NEVER been a single female to ascend to the very top is due to simple misrepresentation. 

Are you going to tell me that the reason why there are no non-West African (ie: White, Asian) elite sprinters is because there simply "isn't enough data" LOL? Or can we come out with the obvious and state that West Africans dominate sprinting because they are by large genetically superior in the physical traits which lead to a higher potential when it comes to the skill of fast running.  We already know that male and female brains are different; you don't have to go all PC with this "we're all equal" crap.  We aren't all equal.

The fact that the player population pool is almost entirely male (historically) mathematically makes it very unlikely for you to find your outlier. This isn't to say you're incorrect, I suspect that you are right about males being better chess players based on innate brain functions. But the fact that there hasn't been a top female chess player yet is hardly evidence.

Also, there's nothing "PC" about Telepathic Cat's argument here. He's simply saying you cannot compare the successes of males to females in something like chess because the prospective player pool for men is multiple orders of magnitude larger than the pool for females. Feel like you're kind of just smearing him by ascribing PC-related motivations to him.

As for Ronda Rousey beating Floyd in an MMA fight. The Holly Holm fight showed us that Floyd would almost definitely win that matchup based on Ronda's inability to get Holly in a clinch and the amount of punishment she took trying to close the distance. However, you're batshit crazy if you think that Ronda wouldn't beat the living fuck out of any untrained male who was relatively close to her in size.

Sorry, i'm still catching up on this thread, please don't punish me for being OT. Here: nV played way better than their recent scrims this weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 17

downvoted because you brought up that stupid discussion again

let that be a warning to the rest of ya!  :holmes:

I forgive you. As far as this thread is concerned it's April 23rd for me. I'm sorry i caused you pain brother.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I only had 1 issue with the casting. It's good to talk about what suspector/any new member of a team does for them, but when you compare them to the person that was dropped you shouldn't say stuff that isn't true just for the sake of saying it. Commonly is in no way a passive player and broadcasting to the fans that his lack of aggression is the reason why eg didn't do well just isn't right. Its true suspector is an aggressive player but he's no more aggressive than commonly, if you wanna find something to say you can go about it by saying "EGs aggression with suspector is working well for them" because that's a true statement without randomly saying lies about another players playstyle.

It's like if CLG randomly started being super uncoordinated and losing a lot then they drop snakebite and pick someone up then became coordinate again, you can't randomly lie about the type of player snakebite is and say "Yeah snakebite just wasn't an in game leader and that's what clg needed"

Also not saying this because commonly is on my team, it'll be like that if it was any player. When you're in the position to commentate suff for thousands and thousands of people I think the only things you state about a pro player should be based of facts and not baseless. I've said multiple times how much i enjoy goldenboys casting and this is the only feedback I have for all casters this weekend. Also, sorry if these was drawn out I kept spacing out while typing and I'm not going back to read it lmao sorry!

Couldn't agree more, this weekend's casting saw too many incorrect statements about players being aired to thousands of viewers. It is similar to what happened in regard to spartan where everyone on these forums supported him against that highly biased and untruthful ESPN article which declared him and steelur were the worst players on the renegades roster, this is the exact same thing, it tarnishes the players reputations and could have damaging implications for their career.

Edit: and before someone says, commonly shouldn't care what people say, @@GoldenboyFTW is not your typical person or beyond member, he communicates with thousands of viewers thus have the ability to influence their perception of a player, therefore, the relative weight of his opinion increases dramatically as the effect it can potentially have on a players career is much larger than  if it were me. Goldenboy should be more careful with his statements in the future as he can influence the public's perception of players, it is his job to commentate from an unbiased standpoint just like any other caster in any other sport. He has the right to give an opinion, but he must do so in an accurate manner and not make such generic or broad statements like he was.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I forgive you. As far as this thread is concerned it's April 23rd for me. I'm sorry i caused you pain brother.

You cause me pain everytime i see your avatar  :huh:

• Upvote (+1) 3

<3

no hard feelings  :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Never change :lxthul:

:)

On that note, I had to laugh when I saw pros crouch around with ARs. Halo is evolving

• Upvote (+1) 1