CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I dont know how this will be received, but @@W0uld and I are talking about working on commentary and commentating together. We both have the same goals within the Halo community, and fortunately we're both local to each other. Casting is always more enjoyable with consistent duo's or trio's, and I feel that with work and practice, who knows.

Definitely interested in seeing what comes from this. Want to break into casting myself, but I need to work on improving my game knowledge. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Missed the tourny when it was happening as I had prior plans but could someone tell me how the viewership was? Preferably numbers when OpTic was playing vs. the finals

I would for sure go for it. Nothing to lose!

There is definitely a need for fresh blood and you and W0uld both clearly have the passion. I hope you guys follow through with this.

Thats sort of the logic we have with it. We've talked before and we both clearly have the same goals within Halo. I think working with somebody consistently will build and develop a chemistry that would be a neat dynamic to have in the casting and commentary field. We're definitely going to follow through with this. We're going to develop a strategy moving forward, and after EGLx this weekend start grinding.

Definitely interested in seeing what comes from this. Want to break into casting myself, but I need to work on improving my game knowledge. 

It'll be our own little Frankenstein. I'd love to bounce off you if you decide to pursue it. Feedback is never a bad thing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Would be pretty fuckin awesome to see a couple of Teambeyond guys become staple Halo casters. GL to you guys  :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Missed the tourny when it was happening as I had prior plans but could someone tell me how the viewership was? Preferably numbers when OpTic was playing vs. the finals

It was peaking around 21-22K at one point for some time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would be pretty fuckin awesome to see a couple of Teambeyond guys become staple Halo casters. GL to you guys  :prayers:

<3 Thats the dream right there.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

HMW (Smash Commentator) just referred to $15,000 as... and I quote... "dat Life Changing Cash"

:cash:

Can I chime in here? Lol

It'll be our own little Frankenstein. I'd love to bounce off you if you decide to pursue it. Feedback is never a bad thing.

For sure. I'm going to have more free time once Finals are over, so I definitely intend to get into some casting and streaming during the free time. Keep in touch. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How can someone afford a private plane and still think that logo looks good?

Money can't buy taste
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone that wants to get into casting, send a tape to my email ([email protected]). We may need more casters at some point. We're going to be doing the LAN tournaments on a 4-6 week basis, but also hopefully developing some other additional content for the community.

Going to take you up on that offer.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

autos are so overpowered in this game. It wouldn't be a problem if you didn't spawn with them and there weren't so many on the map. People were ripping other teams with the storm rifle

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone that wants to get into casting, send a tape to my email ([email protected]). We may need more casters at some point. We're going to be doing the LAN tournaments on a 4-6 week basis, but also hopefully developing some other additional content for the community.

What are the details for this? Is this for Cali based casters only?

I remember lxthul getting defensive when I said that top pros had a vested interest in not objectively criticizing the game.

Lethul's mods make the commands in his chat. So you'll have to take it up with them

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lethul's mods make the commands in his chat. So you'll have to take it up with them

ah ok I'll edit my post then.

I do think that that quote from snipedown illustrates why pro opinion on a game or settings shouldn't be taken as gospel

• Upvote (+1) 1

OT but I've always wondered whether it's difficult for CLG when calling out to distinguish between "TJ" and "PJ". Like do they ever get confused or mishear?

What are the details for this? Is this for Cali based casters only?

No major details right now. As far as casting one of the LANs it would be someone that could be on location.

But we were really happy with the way the tournament wen on Saturday and want to continue working to develop the grassroots Halo community.

Some other content may not need be on location. Still early stages!

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think I've heard them call Lethul "Teej" similar to how you would say siege. I'm not sure they always do that though, I don't pay close enough attention.

Have they released anymore info on the challenger league? Haven't really heard anything since they announced pro league

OT but I've always wondered whether it's difficult for CLG when calling out to distinguish between "TJ" and "PJ". Like do they ever get confused or mishear?

As someone already pointed out, they do seem to call TJ - Tiege (like siege but with a T)

In other news why was Goldenboy all over Suspectors' nuts? Were they supposed to push the ex Allegiance player that won? A couple of rails and a clean up BR kill later and Goldenboy needs new pants. 

Huke didn't bring back Denial, they were actively looking for a halo team. I know they had ties with Huke and I'm glad they picked up that team regardless :smiley:

Hence he brought them back??? Other pros didn't want to join the org because of previous issues

Huke also kept denial afloat in COD because most pros did not want to play under that org as well during the 2nd half of advanced warfare.

• Upvote (+1) 1