CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Commonly observed, but hardly a fact.  Go look at the long-standing Jamaican dominance in sprinting; coming from a nation of just ~3 million people.  Whats the explanation? That they just love running so much more over there?

Yeah, they have a minor genetic advantage that is enough to give an advantage of small fractions second in a sprint. I don't think men have an intellectual superiority over women that makes them superior in chess or video games. Yeah though, this is way off topic for a thread about HCS and I don't have a meme folder to make it more interesting so there's no point in getting too deep into this.

Victory is back tho.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You missed the point again... AGAIN!!! do fathers teach their daughters to play chess as much as their sons??! No they don't... So some girl who's innately gifted will never learn to play CHESS due to the standards of society. While hundreds of Boys who aren't will. And worst of all she'll never play Halo either :( There could be all these hot female chess grand masters I could be playing Halo right now with!!! :( Except Traaap has to ruin it with his "it's factually" proven nonsense, without giving a source. Damn it!! all those hot Chess players that could of been playing Halo!!! ARGHHHHhhhhh!!!!!

Even if every father taught their daughter to play chess (or Halo), it doesn't mean that all of those girls would CONTINUE with those pursuits to the level that is required to achieve greatness.  That is the point: competitive gaming requires an obsessive mindset on some level, which is why the demographic of "hardcore gamers" is skewed so heavily towards males who are much more prone to obsessive behaviour.  Go poll current Pro players and note how many of their startup stories involve "coming from from school and playing Halo until I went to sleep".  Girls are much less likely to partake in this type of behaviour.  Its not "societal", its biological.  Just like how males are much more likely to suffer from ADHD.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

controversial opinion alert: after playing them a lot recently, torque flag and slayer are both good enough to be added

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seriously. Take this arguement to DM's.

I know Beyond staff don't enforce the rules for shit in the Halo 5 thread but can you please, for the sake of my sanity, enforce them here?

Jesus.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Even if every father taught their daughter to play chess (or Halo), it doesn't mean that all of those girls would CONTINUE with those pursuits to the level that is required to achieve greatness. That is the point: competitive gaming requires an obsessive mindset on some level, which is why the demographic of "hardcore gamers" is skewed so heavily towards males who are much more prone to obsessive behaviour. Go poll current Pro players and note how many of their startup stories involve "coming from from school and playing Halo until I went to sleep". Girls are much less likely to partake in this type of behaviour. Its not "societal", its biological. Just like how males are much more likely to suffer from ADHD.

tumblr_lqd0hnehr51qbkyo1o1_500.gif
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can we please get back on topic?

I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck 48÷2(9+3) is

It's 48/21 you buffoons

What did I just click into? Bunch of white guys talking about women's place in society/gaming.

We get enough of that in real life, I come here to talk about Halo and this thread is consistently disappointing recently.

Rent/Cost of living/drugs and now sexism. Come the fuck on Beyond, you're usually better than this.

Who do we think is going to win tomorrow? It's pretty up in the air at the moment, I'd like to see EG take it for the confidence boost, though OpTic winning it is good for the scene.

I didn't see any sexism and I doubt you know whether the people arguing were a "bunch of white guys". Interesting assumption. But yes it's horribly off topic and I hope EG gets first.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I vote to stop arguments from occurring we communicate solely by memes.

• Upvote (+1) 6

You missed the point again... AGAIN!!! do fathers teach their daughters to play chess as much as their sons??! No they don't... So some girl who's innately gifted will never learn to play CHESS due to the standards of society. While hundreds of Boys who aren't will. And worst of all she'll never play Halo either :( There could be all these hot female chess grand masters I could be playing Halo right now with!!! :( Except Traaap has to ruin it with his "it's factually" proven nonsense, without giving a source. Damn it!! all those hot Chess players that could of been playing Halo!!! ARGHHHHhhhhh!!!!!

Yeah everything is societies fault. Women don't have choices when it comes to their interest or anything. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I doubt you know whether the people arguing were a "bunch of white guys". Interesting assumption. 

Balance of probability.

06b1c7c56ae8032109239c887c2960ca.png

Hope he has a solid squad.

It'd be cool if Legit came back to team with T2.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So if you guys were a member of CLG and Lxthul quit halo to follow his dream to be a runway model, who would you pick to replace him if your only options were Ace and Stellur?

Have we heard a general time frame on the next update? I'm looking forward to the Sensitivity settings.

So if you guys were a member of CLG and Lxthul quit halo to follow his dream to be a runway model, who would you pick to replace him if your only options were Ace and Stellur?

Ace

• Upvote (+1) 1

Attacking staff. Banned.

<3.

At least I knew that was coming. Because I read the rules :kappa:

Seriously. Take this arguement to DM's.

I know Beyond staff don't enforce the rules for shit in the Halo 5 thread but can you please, for the sake of my sanity, enforce them here?

Jesus.

If you have an issue with posts, feel free to use the report feature.

I always looked at this site and threads like this as pretty laid back place to discuss competitive Halo and whatnot. There isn't always going to be scrims, tourneys, roster changes, etc. I really don't see anything too crazy.

• Upvote (+1) 5